Class of 2017 cycle opening!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man, I'm so envious of you guys!!
It must be such a relief knowing exactly where you will be going next year :)

question though, were you more nervous about the interview or walking into the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Interview probably... And I really wasn't all that nervous. My MCAT was sort of a formality, I did pretty well on the practice tests so I didn't really study much at all. I finished it in about 2 hours and a half and actually laughed during one part. Lol

Interview probably... And I really wasn't all that nervous. My MCAT was sort of a formality, I did pretty well on the practice tests so I didn't really study much at all. I finished it in about 2 hours and a half and actually laughed during one part. Lol

HAHAHAHA
you laughed?? what a bad*****

did you do all 7 passages for each section?

Members don't see this ad :)
HAHAHAHA
you laughed?? what a bad*****

did you do all 7 passages for each section?

Haha yeah, there was a question about a certain branch of biology (I don't remember how much I can say without getting AAMC all over me...), that I totally botched a simple math calculation and I was thought to myself, "why isn't my answer one of the choices?! This is so easy!" Only to realize I was a *****. The girl next to me looked pissed. She also looked at me when I walked out....

Reading was probably the only section I used almost all of my time. I only spent about ten minutes on each writing and had somewhere in the 5-10 minute range for BS and PS. I didn't take one/two of my breaks. I remember my test was at 8 and I started my car at 11:58 cause I made a joke about finishing before noon.

Which in hindsight makes me realize I made another dumb math mistake in my last post: it took me almost 4 hours, not two and a half, I guess I literally suck at math... Haha oh well glad that's over with

oh niceee!! It's probably going to be quicker for me to get outta there because they eliminated the writing portion :)

How's the lab-job hunt going?

oh niceee!! It's probably going to be quicker for me to get outta there because they eliminated the writing portion :)

How's the lab-job hunt going?

Pretty good! Driving out to an interview tomorrow, and I had an interview today. Odds aren't too good with the one today because they said they interviewed 25 people for two openings, but the manager gave me a half hour long tour of the facility after the interview, so he must not have immediately ruled me out...

Haha the interview tomorrow is about 4 hours away in North Dakota, but it pays SUPER well and has "mandatory" overtime because the Union is on strike. So it might be worth my time to get an apartment and live in the middle of nowhere for like two months and get paid double whatever Id make here and for 60 hours a week. We'll see how it goes though. The HR rep over the phone made it sound like the job is mine to lose, so hopefully I don't drive to NoDak for nothing...

Are you on break yet?

Oh wow North Dakota?? that's crazy!!
Do you know anyone in the area?

I ended today, gonna focus on my MCAT right now, until 1/24.
So I just realized that since there's not a writing portion, do you think we'll get our scores back earlier? Or is that just wishful thinking on my end... :p

So I just realized that since there's not a writing portion, do you think we'll get our scores back earlier? Or is that just wishful thinking on my end... :p

I really hope that would be the case.:xf:

Saw this meme in the MCAT Forums a while back.

548142_10151063402127864_4041237_n.jpg

SERIOUSLY!! I'm gonna be miserable waiting for the results. :'(

Oh wow North Dakota?? that's crazy!!
Do you know anyone in the area?

I have two friends at UND in Grand Forks, they live in a frat house so...

Also, I don't know why it would still take a month. They claim they don't standardize them, and if they want to run a thorough analysis, a computer should be able to do that in about half a second... I could see them waiting like a week just to sort through the numbers (which again, they claim they don't do...) but now without the writing it shouldn't be a problem.

Waaa I forgot to ask during my interview! Is sweet tea popular in the mid west?! I tried to order it once at a New Jersey Mcdonalds and the girl looked at me crazyyy.

Waaa I forgot to ask during my interview! Is sweet tea popular in the mid west?! I tried to order it once at a New Jersey Mcdonalds and the girl looked at me crazyyy.

Yeah, the McDonalds in Iowa has them. A lot of my "country" friends drink it a lot...

This is the most blasphemous thing I've ever read (I'm a down home Florida boy)

On another note haha, when can we change our "pre-podiatry" status to pod student? Do we actually have to start first? :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the most blasphemous thing I've ever read (I'm a down home Florida boy)

On another note haha, when can we change our "pre-podiatry" status to pod student? Do we actually have to start first? :cool:

I'm personally waiting till I start. By definition we aren't pod students until we do orientation :p

ARE YOU A TEA PERSON?? :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
What are your personal favorites??
I have discovered recently that tea calms me down a lot, but all I'm familiar with is Jasmine and Earl Grey.

I have two friends at UND in Grand Forks, they live in a frat house so...

Also, I don't know why it would still take a month. They claim they don't standardize them, and if they want to run a thorough analysis, a computer should be able to do that in about half a second... I could see them waiting like a week just to sort through the numbers (which again, they claim they don't do...) but now without the writing it shouldn't be a problem.

:xf:

I'll settle for 2 weeks of waiting, if that's even possible. :laugh:

ARE YOU A TEA PERSON?? :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
What are your personal favorites??
I have discovered recently that tea calms me down a lot, but all I'm familiar with is Jasmine and Earl Grey.

I love teas! I usually just buy celestial seasonings in a variety of flavors.

Man, I'm so envious of you guys!!
It must be such a relief knowing exactly where you will be going next year :)

question though, were you more nervous about the interview or walking into the MCAT?

for me definitely it's the MCAT. I actually had a emotional breakdown the night before and wasn't able to sleep until 3am, then got up around 6:30 and drove to the testing place. Not a fun experience, but I completely gave up when I took the test. Maybe that mindset helped me, I actually got a pretty good score :D

Interview was laid back, it was more of getting to know everybody in the team since some of them will be lecturing to you later :cool:

msion, you should see my car. It is literally packed so full right now. I still have to put my computer, bedding, and some clothes in it... I'm not sure I'm going to make it... So anyways, I am very nearly done packing!

That is what happens to me right now. Gotta get out of Iowa before that crazy storm on Thursday. So I am rushing everything and just throwing stuff in.

Hmmmm, interesting :) I'm flying to AZ the night before my exam, and I'm gonna try to relax before my test. I have terrible testing anxiety, hopefully the tea that Nikki suggested will help :thumbup:

But I would just like to say, I love the comradery with the pre-pod forum, esp this thread :)

:thumbup:

I would also recommend chamomile and lavender teas for relaxation, both of which are known to help calm down the nervous system.

I don't traditionally drink tea but I when I do I prefer Oolong.

and thanks for all the tea suggestions !!! :)

I'll keep u guys posted as I try them :)

I took it at the testing center there on camelback and 19th ave, when I took it it went really smooth and there wasn't much of a crowd. The mods were also pretty nice so they will make it a little less stressful. My experience at least.

I took it at the testing center there on camelback and 19th ave, when I took it it went really smooth and there wasn't much of a crowd. The mods were also pretty nice so they will make it a little less stressful. My experience at least.

Oh really?
I'm taking it there too, I believe.
West Camelback Road... is it the PROMETRIC TEST CENTER?

I like mushroom tea but this will probably not help you on the MCAT.

Speaking of Western U... it's the ideal location for me and Harkless is amazing.

but their accreditation is something I'm concerned about, any thoughts?
any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Speaking of Western U... it's the ideal location for me and Harkless is amazing.

but their accreditation is something I'm concerned about, any thoughts?
any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I believe they just received full accreditation about a month ago.

I believe they just received full accreditation about a month ago.

The College of Podiatric Medicine has received accreditation from the Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME), an independent, specialized accrediting agency. The Council serves the podiatric medical profession by the authority of the American Podiatric Medical Association's House of Delegates.

perfect!!
I guess I will be applying to all 9 schools then.

thanks for the info :thumbup:

Sort of reminds me of the creppy/bizarre artwork at Denver International Airport, must have commissioned the same designer. Some places just role that way with the design. Interviewing at western in 2 weeks, i will keep an eye out for this.