CCOM Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi all,
my roommate and i wanted to cut down on our cable internet bill by letting a few people into our network and splitting the bill. we live high up in the highrise building of yorktown II and will be getting the installation stuff done through comcast later this week. if you're interested pm or email me at [email protected] (i won't get back to you too soon since we don't have internet yet!). thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone isn't doing anything once they move into the Downer's area, give me a call. Or if you have any questions about the area and finding certain bars/stores/etc. 630-835-9031.

Squashy409 said:
hi all,
my roommate and i wanted to cut down on our cable internet bill by letting a few people into our network and splitting the bill. we live high up in the highrise building of yorktown II and will be getting the installation stuff done through comcast later this week. if you're interested pm or email me at [email protected] (i won't get back to you too soon since we don't have internet yet!). thanks!

Squashy, are you moved in yet? I'm in your program w/two other guys from our class and we live in the "non-highrise" part of YorktownII at the on the corner of 22nd and Grace. I've met a couple of other people in our class and I think some of us are going out tomorrow night.
Bill

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey does anyone know how to write our addresses on campus?
For example, is it:

### Redwood Hall
Midwestern University
555 31st street
Downers Grove IL 60515

?

Thanks!

hello! ive heard of al ot of you guys living in the yorktown II apts, but is anyone living in versailles?

brgrdanna said:
Hey does anyone know how to write our addresses on campus?
For example, is it:

### Redwood Hall
Midwestern University
555 31st street
Downers Grove IL 60515

?

Thanks!

Hi brgrdanna,

I'm not 100% sure about the address, but I thought I saw somewhere that it was just the last 3 line that you had listed above. No hall or room number. I'm wondering if they'll just use our student mail box for our snail mail too. Let me know if you hear otherwise!

Hey guys,

I'm finally back from a 2 week extravaganza with the fam. in the midwest! I hope that the move went well for those who are already in DG. I'm getting anxious to move and meet everyone! Hopefully by the time I get there you all will know of some great places to go! Take care and see everyone soon!

Jenni

Stripes, I heard you were a badass (except being from Wisc); please don't disappoint.

Thanks.

puppylove said:
hello! ive heard of al ot of you guys living in the yorktown II apts, but is anyone living in versailles?
yo,
I am in versailles, and moving in this saturday. I'll PM you my info

I was informed that these posts are much more active than those on the InteractNow account on the MWU webpage.

In case anyone here missed my intro there, I'm a fellow MS1 at CCOM. I'm originally from Brookfield, WI and did my Undergrad at UW - Madison.

Are there any CCOM med students living in International Village Apartments in Lombard?

Anyone know how many people we can invite to our white coat ceremony?

Is anyone else interested in getting together with a group of MS1s to celebrate :hardy: prior to signing away our lives at Orientation? A few of us checked out a bar in DG last night and were thinking about planning another outing or two prior to the start of classes. Let me know (if you haven't already) and are interested. :)

[email protected]

Buckeye(OH) said:
Stripes, I heard you were a badass (except being from Wisc); please don't disappoint.

Thanks.

Buckeye,
So my reputation preceeds me. Ha ha. Of course being from Wisconsin automatically makes me a badass. No worries, there will be no disappointment.

ntvandam said:
I was informed that these posts are much more active than those on the InteractNow account on the MWU webpage.

In case anyone here missed my intro there, I'm a fellow MS1 at CCOM. I'm originally from Brookfield, WI and did my Undergrad at UW - Madison.

Are there any CCOM med students living in International Village Apartments in Lombard?

Anyone know how many people we can invite to our white coat ceremony?

Is anyone else interested in getting together with a group of MS1s to celebrate :hardy: prior to signing away our lives at Orientation? A few of us checked out a bar in DG last night and were thinking about planning another outing or two prior to the start of classes. Let me know (if you haven't already) and are interested. :)

[email protected]

ntvandam,
there has been some talk of an outing on monday night, we just need a place for everyone to meet up... say 8:30pm, any suggestions on a bar from those of you who are already in the area?

Monday night sounds great, there are a lot of places on Butterfield Road stretching from 355 all the way to out to Oakbrook. Also, if anyone is bored this weekend let me know. [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, and if anyone is interested in golfing at anytime, let me know and I'll be there.

Monday night definitely sounds good... Just moved into Versailles today after a 16+ hour drive in from Jersey (well.. 14 hrs to get to Illinois and then 2+ hrs stuck on a 5 mi strip btwn I-80 and 294) .. the fam will be in town till saturday morning, but is anything going on this weekend?

puppylove and llort where are u?

tkostiuk4 said:
Oh, and if anyone is interested in golfing at anytime, let me know and I'll be there.

tkostiuk, I'd be up for a round on tuesday. I think bbake said he was a golfer too. let's discuss monday evening.

about mon. night, there are tons of places we could meet up. im originally from here, so let me know what kind of place most of you would like to go, and i will make some suggestions. also, tomorrow night, if some of you are around, i am having a little get together at my apt at versailles with my friends from around here. any of you are welcome, but just let me know ahead of time, so i know how many people to expect.

I'm going to suggest Champs say 8:30pm or so monday night, I've never been there or anything, but seems like an easy place to find. If it blows, then we can head somewhere else. the address is:

17W 517 Roosevelt Rd
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

llort said:
tkostiuk, I'd be up for a round on tuesday. I think bbake said he was a golfer too. let's discuss monday evening.[/QUOTE

Definately up for some golf next week. I went to the driving range today at that course off of butterfield.

I am also living at yorktown 2 in the highrise portion on the second floor.

to the golfers, tuesday sounds good to me. everyone else, champs works for me too.

I'll be at Champs Monday and golfing Tuesday my babies. Also, if anyone is interested I (and some other CCOMers) are going out tomorrow night.
Bill

bbake87 said:
I'll be at Champs Monday and golfing Tuesday my babies. Also, if anyone is interested I (and some other CCOMers) are going out tomorrow night.
Bill

I probably cant make it Monday, so let me know when and where we will be hitting the links.

Todd

Monday Champs it is.. anything going on tonight?

Thanks for the calls and invites to those of you who sent them. Sorry I didn't reply. I am in Minneapolis this weekend, but will be back in Chicagoland tomorrow during the day.

I'm definitely interested in going out tomorrow (Monday) night and for some activities during the day on Tuesday.

Cheers

See you all very soon! And yay for having plans already the first night I'm there!

sorry i missed your message bbake, but we just got internet today (woo!)... my roommate (also an m1 at ccom) and i went downtown both friday and saturday night this past weekend in an attempt to get it out of our system before school starts up, but we still might catch up with everyone tonight!

My classmates are the bomb - good times, good times tonight. I figure we should challenge those bit*h as* wanna be ballers from Des Moines to a keg-off per chance.

Billy

ntvandam said:
Thanks for the calls and invites to those of you who sent them. Sorry I didn't reply. I am in Minneapolis this weekend, but will be back in Chicagoland tomorrow during the day.

I'm definitely interested in going out tomorrow (Monday) night and for some activities during the day on Tuesday.

Cheers

Hi V.D.

My stomach is feelin a lil rumbly from that food...but its all well worth it! Sleep tight boyz, we got a long day ahead of us and buckeye, dont forget your tie they are REQUIRED tommarow.

Good times last night my friends. Bernz, you were missed so I took it on my shoulder to drink double. Buckeye, your consumption skills are impressive.

what is the CCOM curriculum like?

We survived our first week of exams!!! ROCK ON TO EVERYONE!!! Party hard tonight...

SOX WON THE DIVISION!!!! :D

Bump For Finishing Our First Quarter!

First quarter in the books. I can smell the scrubs burning. Tmac better get his a$$ in gear and plan us a bombas# springbreak trip

First quarter in the books. I can smell the scrubs burning. Tmac better get his a$$ in gear and plan us a bombas# springbreak trip

bbake87 said:

Whats with the double post...freak!

If you ask Chuck Norris what time it is, he always says, "Two seconds till." After you ask, "Two seconds to what?" he roundhouse kicks you in the face.

Anybody know what happened on Campus over the weekend and why we got that cryptic e-mail from Dr. Dombrowski regarding a hate crime?

BERNZ said:
If you ask Chuck Norris what time it is, he always says, "Two seconds till." After you ask, "Two seconds to what?" he roundhouse kicks you in the face.

I know Chuck Norris doesn't cry, but do you think he would have started crying during that movie we watched in ICM? I mean all he would have to do is shed one tear and that lady would have been cured.

Stubborn Chuck.

Buckeye(OH) said:
I know Chuck Norris doesn't cry, but do you think he would have started crying during that movie we watched in ICM? I mean all he would have to do is shed one tear and that lady would have been cured.

Stubborn Chuck.

Chuck wouldn't have cried for that woman - his beard would not have let him

That right there is the conundrum that is Chuck Norris, you both speak wisdom my friends....

Brett Hart said:
Anybody know what happened on Campus over the weekend and why we got that cryptic e-mail from Dr. Dombrowski regarding a hate crime?

Guess that is a no?

Brett Hart said:
Guess that is a no?

From what a lil birdie tells me, a first year pharm student had his car and dorm room door trashed with derogatory remarks having to do with his sexual orientation.

BERNZ said:
From what a lil birdie tells me, a first year pharm student had his car and dorm room door trashed with derogatory remarks having to do with his sexual orientation.

Wow...that is almost unbelievable. Would be curious to hear the details. I know my year at midwestern two med students had their cars all painted up with all kinds of "I'm gay" and "I like boys" signs. Nothing ever happened to the people who did it either...and the guys just washed off the soap and stuff. This sounds like it must have been much worse...