CCOM class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
either/or works. just need a 6-pack before lab starts. anyone else working out or doing something fun?

I work at Life Time so I will be working out every day l work lol

Members don't see this ad.

Is it true OMM is shirt less?

from the general consensus of what i have been reading in D.O. threads, yes... at least for the first few sessions of lab. they want to get you comfortable with each other and touching bare skin.

..or bare muscle if we all bulk up right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, that will motivate me to get my butt to the gym more then 1-2 a week.

Last edited:
Well, that will motivate me to get my ass to the gym more then 1-2 a week.

It helps when your health insurance knocks off $20 bucks a month from your gym membership if you go 3 days a week. That's all the motivation I need.

Last edited:
It helps when your health insurance knocks off $20 bucks a month from your gym membership if you go 3 days a week. That's all the motivation I need.

Do you go to life time? It's corporate is in Chanhassen

I thought the whole shirtless thing in OMM sounded odd, so I texted my friend who is a first year at CCOM right now. He said that you're in scrubs for OMM labs, but there are times when people take their shirts off to make things easier.

since we are all going to be ripped by july, we are going to make the shirtless thing more of a reality this year. don't you worry.

I thought the whole shirtless thing in OMM sounded odd, so I texted my friend who is a first year at CCOM right now. He said that you're in scrubs for OMM labs, but there are times when people take their shirts off to make things easier.

i should say having lived through this if they request a volunteer to do this they only ask guys they will NEVER ask a female to take her shirt off in front of the class. and it is not something you are expected to do with your partner. you can feel things pretty good through scrubs

for winter - well because it is chicago a nd it is cold and scrubs are about as good as going outside in your bedsheets - i highly recommend either under armor cold gear, chili peppers long underwear or cuddle duds. all are very thin and silky and will not interfere in what you are able to feel.
i also recommend investment in some cam is for the girls because scrubs dip rather low in the front and a camp will offer extra protection for the girls when bending over

Trust me when I say...none of you will want to see me with my shirt off...My boobs are a huge distraction (I'm a male)...

Trust me when I say...none of you will want to see me with my shirt off...My boobs are a huge distraction (I'm a male)...

boobies are boobies, right?!

i mean minus the mammary glands...

Hey guys, congrats to all who will be coming to MWU in the fall. I'm a current MS-IV, and I've accumulated a number of books throughout my time at CCOM. I have a ton of books in great condition that I am trying to give away for free; ranging from a histology atlas which will be really useful for you, Mosby's physical exam book, and some board prep cases and Q&A books. I was going to sell them on Amazon but most are older editions and worthless to sell but still valuable to have. PM me if you live in the Chicago area and are interested in picking up the books. I can give you a complete list if you want as well.

Also, I am selling a ton of books on Amazon in "like new" condition that are worth more but am selling them extremely cheap - ranging from clickers you need to participate in lectures, BRS Microbio and Immuno, Pharm flash cards, and a radiology handbook. Please PM me if you want a complete list of these as well and we can work out a deal! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I just got accepted to my state school and will not be attending CCOM in the fall. Good luck to everyone starting in the fall and maybe we will cross paths as physicians :)

Last edited:
Well I just got accepted to my state school and will not be attending CCOM in the fall. Good luck to everyone starting in the fall and maybe we will cross paths as physicians :)

So uh.. can I have your spot?! Haha. Waitlisted today :(

You're leaving us? You were one of the people I was excited to meet!

Congrats hockey! Anyone starting a countdown?????? I get more excited each day

Can't wait! Just feels weird that we can't start doing anything for months.

haha understood. since graduating college, i haven't been able to really settle down for more than a year. never knew where i was going to be next and which program or research i needed for my resume. at last, 2 sure years and then 2 years of semi-mystery.

Don't get me wrong...I'm so excited for this opportunity and I can't wait to be a doctor, but I have gone straight through undergrad and into a masters program and now into CCOM and I'm just soooooo tired. I'm really hoping this summer will serve me well and get me to be as pumped up as you all are for this. Does anyone else feel this way? I just want to hibernate for like a good 6 months.:sleep:

Hey guys! This is my first post on SDN!

I'll be matriculating to CCOM this fall and I look forward to meeting you all very soon!

As for housing, whats everyone doing? Have you guys started looking into it yet?

Super psyched to start!

i just finished the housing app. not sure if it's binding.. it doesn't say anywhere that it is binding.

Hey guys! This is my first post on SDN!

I'll be matriculating to CCOM this fall and I look forward to meeting you all very soon!

As for housing, whats everyone doing? Have you guys started looking into it yet?

Super psyched to start!

Congrats and yes I have been looking at off campus housing during my masters I lived in Yorktown apartments..

What are guys doing to prepare for class (apart from becoming gym rats ;))? Me, I'm trying to cover all of Netter's Anatomy, some physiology, some cell biology, some histology. I hope to begin studying for COMPLEX/ USMLE within two months. If all goes well, I'll be ready for these tests within completion of the first 6 months of classes. But I'm such a lazy person, I'm sure you guys will be head and shoulders beyond me.

jk

What are guys doing to prepare for class (apart from becoming gym rats ;))? Me, I'm trying to cover all of Netter's Anatomy, some physiology, some cell biology, some histology. I hope to begin studying for COMPLEX/ USMLE within two months. If all goes well, I'll be ready for these tests within completion of the first 6 months of classes. But I'm such a lazy person, I'm sure you guys will be head and shoulders beyond me.

jk

Thank god thought u were serious... Enjoy life without studying for the time being

What are guys doing to prepare for class (apart from becoming gym rats ;))? Me, I'm trying to cover all of Netter's Anatomy, some physiology, some cell biology, some histology. I hope to begin studying for COMPLEX/ USMLE within two months. If all goes well, I'll be ready for these tests within completion of the first 6 months of classes. But I'm such a lazy person, I'm sure you guys will be head and shoulders beyond me. jk

im preparing for OMM...

by going to the gym everyday.

+1
I've taken to this title boxing club. One just opended in Downers and I'm addicted, I go every day.

is it close to school? that sounds like fun. i need to find some big gyms that are close to school when i get there.

is it close to school? that sounds like fun. i need to find some big gyms that are close to school when i get there.

Life Time isn't to far bout a 10-12 minute drive.. Or LA fitness

Less than 5 min from school. On Ogden just East of Fairview, right next to the Dominick's.

Anyone know how the gym on-campus is?

Last edited:
It's standard and small nothing special..

Yeah we asked for a tour if it on our interview. The weight room was kinda small and cramped. They also have basketball courts and some big cardio rooms which are probably for classes. A few bikes and treadmills and what not but that's all I remember it being. They talked about their intramurals on our interview too; I guess a lot of people are into them.

Xsport fitness comes to campus and has specials where you buy one year you get 1/2 to 1 year free. Comes out to about 20-30/month price range. It can be a good option since there are quite a few of them around and we rotate ALL over Chicagoland.

how do u guys plan to deal with the winter? :( that's the only thing i dread about CCOM.

i am coming from DC, so i've seen snow before. but chicago winter, i fear.

how do u guys plan to deal with the winter? :( that's the only thing i dread about CCOM.

i am coming from DC, so i've seen snow before. but chicago winter, i fear.

It's really not that bad; you'll definately adapt.

Has anyone got housing lined up? I'm still waiting to hear back from a few other schools, but it's beginning to look more and more like I'll be attending CCOM. Am I going to be stuck with an undesirable apartment if I don't begin looking now? Thanks in advance.