CCOM class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone got housing lined up? I'm still waiting to hear back from a few other schools, but it's beginning to look more and more like I'll be attending CCOM. Am I going to be stuck with an undesirable apartment if I don't begin looking now? Thanks in advance.

There are a lot of options, from on-campus to apt right by campus. I'm currently looking for a roommate! (Male)

Members don't see this ad.

you probably want to at least turn in your housing application, unless you already know you want to live off-campus.

did you guys do your titers yet? can you just go to your GCP for these titers or do you have to go to a specialty vaccination clinic?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone got housing lined up? I'm still waiting to hear back from a few other schools, but it's beginning to look more and more like I'll be attending CCOM. Am I going to be stuck with an undesirable apartment if I don't begin looking now? Thanks in advance.

I just put my name in on a wait list spot for city view for July. If looking off campus I suggest doing it now

Hello all!

Looking at some off campus living options. Every place seems to have it's ups and downs, anyone have personal accounts? Also, was considering living someplace close (cityview/yorktown) and biking to class during the nice days. Is it too crazy to ride over 88?

Hello all!

Looking at some off campus living options. Every place seems to have it's ups and downs, anyone have personal accounts? Also, was considering living someplace close (cityview/yorktown) and biking to class during the nice days. Is it too crazy to ride over 88?

I lived in Yorktown during my masters and I will be living in city view in July

Any current students know how often ccom accepts transfer students? I'll be going to MWUCCP for pharm and my fiancé wants to transfer here to be near me. Help PM me. Hope to get a response from someone.

I've been talking with a lady who works for International Village. I was going to sign my lease next week, but they need proof of a salary or loans. I'm going to wait until financial aid is awarded and then sign. The other option is a cosigner.

Any word on when the admissions commitee is meeting this month and about how many spots are left in the CCOM c/o 2017?

Just put my deposit down on a place in City View, movin in July so pumped!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang it okay I will be bringing back my Facebook shortly once I tell my work

Hey y'all - welcome to CCOM/congrats/please enjoy your last moments of freedom.

I'm a 2nd year and my first year roomy and I are moving out of our place in Glen Ellyn. 2BR/2BA, gourmet kitchen, weber grill on the deck, garage, washer/dryer in unit, and comes with entertainment system in the living area (flat screen, Blue-ray, Surround sound etc). Let me know if you're interested.

Rent is $1475 + $35-40 for utilities. I personally think that it's a steal @ that price. Really nice place.

I posted this on our FB page as well... Does anyone have an idea of when our MWUnet portal will change so that we have access to the other tabs like "Academic Services"? Apparently that's the tab I need to access in order to verify my enrollment for deferring loan payments. My current school is bugging me about it, but I have no way of knowing when I'll be able to get it done (I emailed the IT department and they couldn't even give me a direct answer). Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Got my titres done a few weeks ago and found out my Heb B Ab is negative. Now I have to get the boosters :(

on-campus housing placements are out. don't forget to check your MWU email. i almost missed mine.

on-campus housing placements are out. don't forget to check your MWU email. i almost missed mine.

They are only out if you applied early, it's all by first come first serve. I applied later and still waiting.

Hey all!

Finally committed to the class of 2017! Yay! Now looking for off campus apartments! Any one looking for roommate(s)? Any ideas? Am I way too far behind with the housing search?

Glad to have you! I think they shifted over to the facebook group, you will probably get more responses there.

Enjoy your summer:thumbup:

Hey guys! I am currently searching for a roommate. I am a gay, so I need someone who is comfortable with this. I'm very social, out-going, yet still very hardworking. Let me know if you are interested!! Can't wait to meet you all! :)

Hey all. Do you know when we'll be getting our official book/supplies list? ...slash... Official 2013-14 class schedule?

I was wondering this as well. Think it'll be before orientation?

DO NOT buy a single book before you have orientation and meet your "big sib" they will tell you which books you actually need.

Oh. Is the "big sib" the person who emailed us personally some time ago? And...wouldn't we need at least something before/when classes start? Gray's? Stethoscope? Seeing as we'd be going full steam ahead into classes...no?

Oh. Is the "big sib" the person who emailed us personally some time ago? And...wouldn't we need at least something before/when classes start? Gray's? Stethoscope? Seeing as we'd be going full steam ahead into classes...no?

Ummm I'm guessing that may have been the MS-I class pres but I dunno.

Don't buy a single thing. You will have ample opportunity to blow money in the first two weeks in club arranged medical equipment sales and what not. Sometimes SOMA gives a free Netters with membership, sonmetimes not. You get the idea...

anyone have stats similar to mine and got an interview/acceptance here?

3.1sGPA, 3.6sGPA 23MCAT (frist take) 27MCAT (retake) P,V,BS: 8,9,10

3.45c
3.35s
27 MCAT

I applied the first day, heard back early. Early interview, early acceptance.

I have a 3.2cGPA, 3.3sGPA and 24MCAT (first take 2011) 28 MCAT (second take 2012) P,V,BS 7,10,11. I enrolled in their MABS program for 2012/2013, Applied Sept, Interviewed January, Accepted January. If you don't gain acceptance this year and really prefer this school, I highly recommend the MABS program to get your foot in the door and gain the opportunity to prove yourself in a medical school environment.

Good luck!

3.6cGPA, 3.4scgpa, 26MCAT (one F, 3 C's that were all retaken). Applied in September due to a late MCAT. Was accepted in October. Good luck! It definitely helps if you are in-state.

I will be taking the Master of Arts in Biomed at Midwestern (Sep 2014-May 2015) and wondering if any of you can recommend a place to live? Contacts of those interested in splitting the rooms? etc Any info is highly appreciated.
THANK YOU

??? Elaborate as to what you're talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ignore the troll. He/She has claimed to be a current student at DMU then claimed to have graduated from DMU 10 years ago. (Which is it??) And apparently is trying to get the CCOM Dean and MUCOM Dean both fired. *massive eye roll*

Reactions: 2 users
Action: Coolrad99 warned for cross-posting and off topic posting.

Let's get the thread back on track everyone :thumbup:

I consulted an attorney, and I do have a legal right to post anything about the Dean of CCOM that is considered to uphold safety of the AOA community and CCOM. I will not post anymore about her or any other Dean as I was warned by one of your moderators.

I consulted an attorney, and I do have a legal right to post anything about the Dean of CCOM that is considered to uphold safety of the AOA community and CCOM. I will not post anymore about her or any other Dean as I was warned by one of your moderators.

Actually you don't.

This is a privately held website and anything that does not meet our standards and TOS can and will be removed. Your "attorney" needs to go back to school.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Reactions: 4 users
Please do not attend this school. CCOM are money mongers. It is the most expensive medical school in the world. The quality of education that you receive is a little better than a "rink dink" cheap Carribean Medical School. Their Dean is "crooked" and "decitful". The only reason she has not gotten fired is because not only she used to be the President of the AOA, but is "tie and tie" withe the Brass of the DO world. The joke at the school is that she takes students into the school because "she wants their money".

You're gonna get banned.

You can't create an account with the sole intention of maliciously attacking one person.
Additionally, if the person whom you are attacking feels pushed enough, they can sue SDN, get your identification information and take you to town for defamation, etc.

It ain't no joke.

Your behavior can cost SDN thousands in legal fees and hurt the community of members.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Please do not attend this school. CCOM are money mongers. It is the most expensive medical school in the world. The quality of education that you receive is a little better than a "rink dink" cheap Carribean Medical School. Their Dean is "crooked" and "decitful". The only reason she has not gotten fired is because not only she used to be the President of the AOA, but is "tie and tie" withe the Brass of the DO world. The joke at the school is that she takes students into the school because "she wants their money".

You're not using those quotation marks correctly. And seriously just stop with this nonsense. You've already been warned.

ACTION: User Banned for misrepresentation (not a student), multiple TOS violations, registering only to bash multiple school administrators/no other participation in the SDN community

PS: don't be fooled by the "Account on Hold" banner - he is banned permanently