applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
... I wore my hooker boots (that is what I call them) to my residency interviews...
:eek: Keep in mind that she's a professional... Don't try this at home, kids^

http://rain.prohosting.com/cmav/images/Pretty%20Woman.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Just had my first interview at NYCPM on Thursday (20th) and everything went well. Next up, Temple on October 1st...anyone else going to be there?
yeah i will be going the 1st also. are rooming at the hotel? they told me that i was rooming with someone for two nights that i stay.

I just interviewed at Barry and was accepted on the spot! It seemed to be a great school with very friendly people. I would interview as soon as possible to avoid being shut out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live right outside of Philly in the suburbs (25 min from Temple) so I'm just driving down that morning. Where are you coming from? I think there are a bunch of people interviewing that day. I'm Chris btw...aim @ crhoody12

I just interviewed at Barry and was accepted on the spot! It seemed to be a great school with very friendly people. I would interview as soon as possible to avoid being shut out.
Yes, Barry treated me very well also when I interviewed a few years back. The prompt service and numerous scholarships are nice for prospective and current students. I'm not a big fan of acceptance on the spot, but if you are a good student and/or had to travel far for the interview, it's deserved. Ohio St did that for me when I interviewed for a MS program there. It's good to hear you had a positive experience at Barry.

The new Barry GMS building is needed, but when they get it, the combo of many FT faculty, tons of diverse local clinics and hospital experiences for students, lots of scholarships, and good resources on campus will make is an above average pod program.

Barry hasn't been terribly selective recently, but it's just due to lack of apps. I'm more impressed with the 2010 class talent than my own 09 class, and hopefully it'll keep getting better and better. Unlike other schools that just accept and accept for more tuition $, Barry has kept incoming class sizes pretty uniform (75-85 usually) even despite increasing interest, and that should lead to increasingly good performance.

did you send in everything before the interview?

I live right outside of Philly in the suburbs (25 min from Temple) so I'm just driving down that morning. Where are you coming from? I think there are a bunch of people interviewing that day. I'm Chris btw...aim @ crhoody12

I am from wisconsin. to be exact, racine, wi. its about 15min south of milwaukee. what do u mean by a bunch, when referring to people, cause im kinda of quiet and i dont want to be lost in the crowd of people. and i am tom.

Hey all,
Interviewing at Temple September 28th and DMU November 8th. I gotta pick a date for Barry U. Waiting on the five other schools.

How were the questions asked for the interview?

So far I've got interviews from CSPM, Barry, DMU, Temple. School doesn't start for me until next week the 27th.

I'm interviewing at CSPM this Friday the 21st, ut would it be bad to schedule the rest of my interviews after then (after I know my midterm schedules and such)? Or should I just go ahead and ballpark some dates before they all get filled?

Thanks!

I have an interview as well with CSPM, but on friday the 28th and I'm also from socal. Please let me know how your interview went. Thanks.

I have an interview at Des Moines on October 26th. Is anyone else going on that date?

Members don't see this ad :)
How cool!
where are you guys staying, and how long?

I am only staying for a day, basically interview and thats it.
I have classes. :(

I'll be at Barry 10/22 as well!

You arent a UW grad are ya?

And a question to the crowd and anyone reading this:

Im gonna be interviewing at scholls ny and temple the end of oct. Im curious if anyone has some really strong reccomendations as far as apartments and housing go. Like specific buildings or a specific management group to check out. Id really like to scope out the options on this swing around the 3 schools, just to get a feeling of how far away/expense/etc. Thanks in advance!

Sorry not a UW grad ... Penn State University grad in december ... lets go state!

What is the best way to tell the schools that you aren't interested in anymore that you don't want to interview at their school?

And is it better to reject them in writing (email or written letter) or to call in?

so i called AZPOD today and they told me they havent even pulled applications from the aacpm website yet. i sure wish they'd get it going

What is the best way to tell the schools that you aren't interested in anymore that you don't want to interview at their school?

And is it better to reject them in writing (email or written letter) or to call in?
I'd man up and call them on the phone. It's best to let them know ASAP; they can then fill your interview/tour spot with a different applicant.

I sure wouldn't use the word "reject" or "decline" during the conversation, though... they just invited you, they never accepted you. It's a quite presumptious to assume that you're going to have to "reject them" ;). Just be polite and direct... thank them for the invite/opportunity but state that you have already decided on another grad school.

I'd man up and call them on the phone. It's best to let them know ASAP; they can then fill your interview/tour spot with a different applicant.

I sure wouldn't use the word "reject" or "decline" during the conversation, though... they just invited you, they never accepted you. It's a quite presumptious to assume that you're going to have to "reject them" ;). Just be polite and direct... thank them for the invite/opportunity but state that you have already decided on another grad school.

Cool..thanks! I'll get on that right away.

so i called AZPOD today and they told me they havent even pulled applications from the aacpm website yet. i sure wish they'd get it going

From what I remembered, AZPOD doesn't start interviewing until mid October. Keep in mind that the application has been only available for 3 or so weeks now so it's still pretty early in the game.

From what I remembered, AZPOD doesn't start interviewing until mid October. Keep in mind that the application has been only available for 3 or so weeks now so it's still pretty early in the game.

I just recieved a supplemental app. from them...I didn't even know there was such a thing with pod. apps.

same here...just got one. I think this is the first time that a pod school used a sec. app but I could be wrong.

yea got one as well, u have to write a fun essay to :)

same here got a supp app at AZPOD

yea i got a supp. from azpod too.....
are they just giving them to all the applicants that reach the min. requirements?

my interview for DMU is this friday (oct 5th), will anyone else be joining me? good luck :hardy:

I have my interview at DMU on Oct.12, anyone else going on that date.

does anybody know if the supp. application for azpod has a fee?

i know most supp. applications for pharmacy have fees.

how many people are general invited to an interview session at DMU? i heard 6... is that true?

how many people are general invited to an interview session at DMU? i heard 6... is that true?

Mine had 4, but I've heard from others they've had around 8.

yea i got a supp. from azpod too.....
are they just giving them to all the applicants that reach the min. requirements?

I believe that it is similar to the DO school where you'll receive one as long as you meet the minimum requirements. Good luck guys and gals!

Could someone let me know how NYCPM contacts you for an interview? I haven't heard anything from them yet, do they contact you first to let you know they have your app? Just curious, thanks

NYCPM usually call you right away. It takes about 2-3 days.

Is anyone interviewing at Scholl on 10/18 or DMU 10/19?

interviewed at NYCPM and Temple last week

cali - 10/12
scholl - 10/15
OCPM - 11/2
des moines - 11/8 (or 9th)
Barry- have to pick a date
AZPOD - have to complete secondary

I just got an interview invite from Scholl!!

I have the Barry interview on the 18th and New York in November!!

I am so excited!

k24 i will be at DMU 10/19....we ought to meet up the night before or something. joebob1467 at yahoo

Excellent overall. :D

3 interviews at NYCPM (basic sciences professor, DPM, and a 3rd year student). Did all the interviews back to back. I visited the school earlier in the year so I didn't go on a tour or watch their video. Then we had some lunch and finished the day. Everything was very relaxed and not stressful. It started about 10:30am and I left around 2:00pm.

Temple was great as well. I visited this school earlier in the year too. They pay for 2 nights at the doubletree hotel in downtown philly...very very nice in the accomodation department. Enjoy the amazing cookies and the whirlpool at the hotel! The interview day was somewhat long (8:30 - 3:15pm) which included a tour of parts of the health science campus. There was only 1 interview and that was with a DPM. Again, very enjoyable experience and relaxed. There was some sitting around as we had to wait for the other students to finish interviewing (there were 5 applicants including me) but other than that the day went smoothly.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a PM.

interviewed at NYCPM and Temple last week

At Temple, did they say when you could expect to hear from there regarding your admission? Did you get to see the student housing? At Scholl, they do not take you by to see the student housing.