Please help with application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docdan193

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am putting together my application for this cycle and it is my first time applying. I was wondering if you guys could answer some questions.

1. I have all my LORs stored in Interfolio. I see many of the schools required only 2 LORs, so do I just send the letters to AACPM through interfolio and the schools choose which one they want to see?

2. For WesternU, it is required that the podiatrist email the admission in order for the shadow hours to be verified. Does the podiatrist need to write the verification on Microsoft Word saying "I did xxx amount of hours" or it can be just typed in a simple email?

Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Send three (I believe the cap number AACPM will take, but someone correct me if I'm wrong) and having an extra won't hurt you. They will look through them and take what they need, don't worry too much about this.
2. I'd reach out to them directly. The staff is super kind and helpful and will know best!

1. I have all my LORs stored in Interfolio. I see many of the schools required only 2 LORs, so do I just send the letters to AACPM through interfolio and the schools choose which one they want to see?

All LORs sent through AACPMAS to your selected programs will be delivered, irrespective of the requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
All LORs sent through AACPMAS to your selected programs will be delivered, irrespective of the requirement.
Thank you for replying. For interfolio, Is the issue with AACPMAS sending the "survey" to the writer still happening or they have changed the process? I saw that for applicants applied in 2018-2020 posts.

So I just spoke to Interfolio and the survey is now bypassed and they are able to upload to AACPMAS and the schools can choose which one they want to read.

Reactions: 1 user
good info; all the best!
Hi DexterMorganSK,

I didn't want to create another thread so I thought I'd ask you here. I have written my work/activities section for AACOMAS and I am wondering if I need to rewrite it in a way that is geared towards podiatry. I know I will have to do that for the personal statement.

Thank you

Hi DexterMorganSK,

I didn't want to create another thread so I thought I'd ask you here. I have written my work/activities section for AACOMAS and I am wondering if I need to rewrite it in a way that is geared towards podiatry. I know I will have to do that for the personal statement.

Thank you

No, you don't have to change those. Except for the PS, everything else can be as exact as the MD/DO apps. Make sure to talk about your podiatry shadowing experiences in your PS.

No, you don't have to change those. Except for the PS, everything else can be as exact as the MD/DO apps. Make sure to talk about your podiatry shadowing experiences in your PS.
Thank you.