applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will be at DMU on 10/19 also!!

Members don't see this ad.

My interview at OCPM is October 31st...anybody else?

k24 i will be at DMU 10/19....we ought to meet up the night before or something. joebob1467 at yahoo
maybe, I will be driving from Chicago, so I am hoping to get in around 9 or 10pm if I'm lucky.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey- I'm applying to Temple :thumbup::thumbup:

Interview on the 12th. Anyone else?

Got an interview at AZPOD Oct. 8, anyone else heard anything?

did u just send in the secondary? I still have to send in mine. I didn't think they started interviewing until later in october.

did u just send in the secondary? I still have to send in mine. I didn't think they started interviewing until later in october.

I sent in the secondary today and got an email today for the invite so i'm sure they haven't received it yet.

Yea OCPM sent out the letters monday I believe. Since my college is not so far, I received it monday afternoon and called to schedule a specific interview date (Friday Nov 2nd).

I'm definitely curious about AZPOD. I thought they would need the secondary application submitted before offering interviews. I applied around Sept 19 so maybe i will hear something soon (hopefully!) by e-mail.

yea man, they give you the info on different hotels around independence (which they have offer the discount). More or less, they pay for half of your hotel bill. I'm gonna come up Nov 1st and stay for a few days...hopefully get tickets to the cavs/knicks game

On that note, OCPM talked about becoming the team podiatrists for the cavs. I'm not sure if the deal went through though...:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
My OCPM letter says "Official Campus Admission Visit"...I am guessing this is for the interview, no???

My OCPM letter says "Official Campus Admission Visit"...I am guessing this is for the interview, no???
Yeap, for some reason they phrase it like that rather than just saying interview. One in the same though. Got mine today :thumbup:

Yes, Barry treated me very well also when I interviewed a few years back. The prompt service and numerous scholarships are nice for prospective and current students. I'm not a big fan of acceptance on the spot, but if you are a good student and/or had to travel far for the interview, it's deserved. Ohio St did that for me when I interviewed for a MS program there. It's good to hear you had a positive experience at Barry.

The new Barry GMS building is needed, but when they get it, the combo of many FT faculty, tons of diverse local clinics and hospital experiences for students, lots of scholarships, and good resources on campus will make is an above average pod program.

Barry hasn't been terribly selective recently, but it's just due to lack of apps. I'm more impressed with the 2010 class talent than my own 09 class, and hopefully it'll keep getting better and better. Unlike other schools that just accept and accept for more tuition $, Barry has kept incoming class sizes pretty uniform (75-85 usually) even despite increasing interest, and that should lead to increasingly good performance.

Yea, I am from a very hard to get into private University with a high GPA and lots of awards/honors and had to fly 6 hours to interview, so it was nice to know right away. I also did research last year with a now-freshman student at Barry.

I'm just curious: have all you guys with interviews submitted complete applications, or were you contacted after only submitting the aacpm app?

I'm just curious: have all you guys with interviews submitted complete applications, or were you contacted after only submitting the aacpm app?

Some schools I had my transcripts and all LOR's in and some don't have all of my LOR's (because they want more than 2) but I have heard from all of the schools I've applied to. Some will give interviews with incomplete files and some won't. In my experience they will with missing LOR's but not transcripts.

Is anyone going to NYCPM's open house this saturday (10/13)?

No, I was invited but have only heard negitave things about the school so decided not to go after being accepted elsewhere.:cool:

if you're not that far from NYCPM, its really not that bad. I heard all bad things (or it seems this forum has many neg opinions of the school), but I really liked it. I'm also only 2 hr train ride away so it wasn't much of a financial commitment.

I'm so excited about these interviews. I'm deciding on dates for Temple, OCPM, and Barry. I'm still waiting for AZpod? Thats where I really want to go

I just submitted my e-application to NYCPM and Barry... I'll keep everyone posted on how things go from here.

I just submitted my e-application to NYCPM and Barry... I'll keep everyone posted on how things go from here.

GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.83
DAT: 16TS/14AA (due to personal reasons)
MCAT: Coming Soon!

woo woo, you go bieug :love:

OH JAAAAMMM!

NYCPM contacted me today regarding the status of my application (24 hours after I submitted)... they were very, very down-to-earth, which left a good impression on me. I still have to submit my LORs, transcripts, and official standarized test scores, which I will do within the next week.

When I used to be a pre-dent, I noticed that the Pre-Dental forums' applicants page has a pretty useful format, which I have listed below. Copy this format, filling in what you can. As the application cycle continues, and you obtain further information, come back here and update your stats. I'll go first... hopefully, this will catch on:

Overall GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.83
DAT: 14AA/16TS
MCAT: Coming Soon

Applied: NYCPM, Barry
Interviews: Barry

Rejections: N/A
Acceptances: N/A

Attending: N/A

Temple on Friday 11/9, anyone else?

I'm going to be interviewing at Temple on 11/5. Anybody else on here going to be interviewing then??

Temple on Friday 11/9, anyone else?

Hey LB4life, I'm interviewing 11/9 as well? It will be nice to see you there, any idea how many students they interview on any given day?

The day I interviewed at Temple there were 4 other applicants besides me

For those of you who have interviewed at Temple already, how did you prepare for the interview? Was the interview stressful or more laid back? In your opinion, what info should each interviewee absolutely know before going into the interview day? Thanks!!

For those of you who have interviewed at Temple already, how did you prepare for the interview? Was the interview stressful or more laid back? In your opinion, what info should each interviewee absolutely know before going into the interview day? Thanks!!

Go on the interview feedback section and look under Temple...there's tons of info