applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FeetforLife

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where are all the people who are applying for Fall 2008? Seems like there was a lot more activity this time around last year?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying this year :luck:, maybe less know about SDN, then the previous year? dunno

Members don't see this ad :)
submitted application last night and the woman from aacpm called me this morning to ask me about small errors on my application and said it would be sent to schools this afternoon. so much nicer than what I put up with in my dental school application.

heh, i sent mine last night as well

Where are all the people who are applying for Fall 2008? Seems like there was a lot more activity this time around last year?

I was just about to start this thread...you :beat: me to it!

I just sent my app in last night...I am so excited!:clap:

so where did u guys apply to?

from me:
Des Moines
Scholl
Azpod
Barry

OCPM
Barry
NYCPM
Temple

I live in Philadelphia and went to Temple University Undergrad. Want to stay in the area so Temple's the number one.

How fast do we normally hear back about interviews? did anyone apply t o california?

I applied Sunday to:
OCPM
Barry
Des Moines
Scholl
Temple

Keeping my fingers crossed! Does anybody know when we could start being contacted about interviews?

What are everyone's stats? I have a 3.3 science and 3.5 overall...28Q on MCAT. Just want to see what other people are applying with. I heard its getting more competitive.

Got a call today from Temple for an interview...

what were your stats dude? from the posting above?

Members don't see this ad :)
I e-submitted last night and got a call today from Temple informally inviting for an interview (sending out a letter in the next few days). I have GPA 3.3 and took the DAT 18AA/18TS

OCPM
Barry
NYCPM
Temple

I live in Philadelphia and went to Temple University Undergrad. Want to stay in the area so Temple's the number one.

I wish you the best of luck, but I would strongly advise anyone to visit AZPOD, Scholl or DMU. You don't need to see all three, but just visiting one may it may change your outlook on schools.

Hey I got a call from Temple today inviting me for an interview.

random question...any girls applying? it seems the forum is dominated by males in my opinion. wondering about women applying to podiatry schools? i'm not a weirdo by the way.

man they are fast! I applied to all eight...I won't take the MCAT until 9/11 and the DAT sometime this month.

I am a woman:D

i am applying, i was gonna have it in this friday, but my advisor and i are gonna go over it to make sure it is ready, but otherwise i have filled it all out already

this forum is dead c ompared to last year. Is no one applying this year or are the pre-pod's not knowing about SDN. Anyone with any interviews? does anyone else want to post their stats?

Has anyone been contacted by OCPM or Barry?

i didnt apply to ocpm or barry, only AZpod, SCHOLL, and CSPM. Has anyone been contacted by california yet?

DMU talked to me today, im going up oct 5th
let me know if anyone else is going up the same time

what are everyone's first chioces. How competitive is it when you apply early?

what are everyone's first chioces. How competitive is it when you apply early?

My first choice is OCPM but I haven't been contacted by anyone at this point. Hopefully it's not extremely competitive when you apply early...I'm just waiting around hoping for a call sometime soon.

My first choice is OCPM but I haven't been contacted by anyone at this point. Hopefully it's not extremely competitive when you apply early...I'm just waiting around hoping for a call sometime soon.
Are you from Ohio, or do you just like the school? I did an internship at OCPM (old building) over the summer and liked what I saw. Overall I felt quite comfortable there. I'm going to interview at Temple and will then make a decision between the two.

FYI I haven't heard from OCPM yet either.

No I'm not from Ohio, I visited the school last year and really liked the vibe I got while I was there. And I heard the new building is supposed to be outstanding. Did you just apply to Temple and OCPM?

seems like temple is the only school that is on top of their game. Has anyone heard anything else. Do they call you or email or whaT?

Just thought I would throw in my two cents. I applied last year to OCPM, Scholl, Temple, AZPOD, Des Moines, and NYCPM. My stats are actually I feel below average. I have a 3.0 gpa with a 3.82 in one year of graduate coursework. I have a 17AA/19TS/20PAT. I was offered interviews at OCPM, NYCPM, Scholl, and Temple. I applied in early October and Temple responded in a couple of days the others took about a week to two weeks. I only actually interviewed at Scholl and it was my first choice. I was accepted to Scholl for the class of 2011 but I deferred my acceptance to enter in the 2012 class. I am sure schools will have more applicants this year but I think it will be like last year and the sooner you get your application in the better because there really won't be a lot competition as long as your stats are at least decent. Granted gpa and test score averages will be higher with more quality students applying but if you get in early you should have no problems.

has this happened to anyone. I got a response from scholl saying they recieved my application but i called CSPM and they said they said they didnt have my applicatoin even though they checked. What do you guys think happened?

has this happened to anyone. I got a response from scholl saying they recieved my application but i called CSPM and they said they said they didnt have my applicatoin even though they checked. What do you guys think happened?

if you just sent it in today they prob. haven't downloaded it yet

Just submitted my application. I have applied to Temple, Des Moines, Scholl, and Barry. Hopefully news on interviews arrives soon!

Non-science GPA:
Science GPA:
still waiting on my mcat (suppose to get results this weekend really worried that I messed up the verbal big time :scared:)

Barry emailed me an invite today (I didn't even send my LOR or transcripts to them) they do there interviews on Mon and Thurs

Des Moines called me yesterday, on the phone, (I did send my LOR and Transcripts) also the lady who called me was extremely nice, they have interviews on Friday starting in October

Scholl emailed me back two days ago reminding me to send in my LOR and transcripts

AZPOD no response yet

WOW! are you applying to any other schools...like mED? Your GPA is unbelievable.

WOW! are you applying to any other schools...like mED? Your GPA is unbelievable.

probably not
i know pod is no cakewalk... but its a little less stressful, and time consuming later on (compared to MD). I really want to put some time into my family (I just got engaged over the summer)... I just want to be happy :thumbup:

Not all Pod. are Med. school reject...some actually want to be DPM and not MD:thumbup:

probably not
i know pod is no cakewalk... but its a little less stressful, and time consuming later on (compared to MD). I really want to put some time into my family (I just got engaged over the summer)... I just want to be happy :thumbup:

congrats!

Non-science GPA: 3.98
Science GPA: 3.80
still waiting on my mcat (suppose to get results this weekend really worried that I messed up the verbal big time :scared:)

Barry emailed me an invite today (I didn't even send my LOR or transcripts to them) they do there interviews on Mon and Thurs

Des Moines called me yesterday, on the phone, (I did send my LOR and Transcripts) also the lady who called me was extremely nice, they have interviews on Friday starting in October

Scholl emailed me back two days ago reminding me to send in my LOR and transcripts

AZPOD no response yet

(that's all I applied to), I'm really interested in DMU and Scholl

where did you go to undergrad?

I just got an interview invite from Barry:)

probably not

where did you hear this? I do not think that most of the successful, reconstructional surgical pods will agree with this.

The ones that cut nails at nursing homes and do little else will agree, but is that what you want to do with your life to keep the stress low?

I sincerely hope you change your attitude about becoming a pod and having less stress than other MDs. I think you may be setting yourself up for failure. The successful pods and residents at the top programs have worked very hard to get these programs and most continue to work hard until retirement.

where did you hear this? I do not think that most of the successful, reconstructional surgical pods will agree with this.

The ones that cut nails at nursing homes and do little else will agree, but is that what you want to do with your life to keep the stress low?

I sincerely hope you change your attitude about becoming a pod and having less stress than other MDs. I think you may be setting yourself up for failure. The successful pods and residents at the top programs have worked very hard to get these programs and most continue to work hard until retirement.

thats a little harsh... and who said i was purely interested in surgery? I just want to have a balance of my job and family... I will not sacrifice my family for my job

I never said it was a stress free environment lol, i know it will be rough, i just rather have my mind focused on one speciality at the start, and I do like feet...

as I said I just want to be happy, and I feel this would do it

I think there's a little misunderstanding here, sorry

also I go to USF

i never said pods dont work as hard or harder then MD... I know they do, so please don't say that I'm indicating that PODs dont work harder then an MD

i just know the style and set up of MD will be more stressful to me, maybe not for u or someone else, but POD is what I want

awesome, when you going down? I'm trying to pick a thursday sometime this month

I will probably pick a Monday so I won't have to miss that many days of work and school. I am thinking two/three weeks from now...how long do you think it will take to prepare for the interview?