2022-2023 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II (eek!) secondary received 7/9, completed 7/18. OOS, re-applicant.

Members don't see this ad.

II.

Received Jul 7, submitted Jul 14. OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my secondary from Lebanon 9/2. I just took another look today and it seems like I'm able to complete a secondary for Pomona as well even though I haven't gotten an email from them. I guess count this as another secondary?

Also, do y'all just sorta use the same answer for the prompts for both campuses?

Ppl, myself included, apply around late November and early December. So it’s no where near too late to receive secondaries

maybe the adcoms prefer Kanye's feet pics
fax. i thought ucsf and vandy screen hard but they gave me a secondary before this school, so I'm a little bewildered lol like wtf, take my money western :mad:

Reactions: 1 user
Any advice/feedback from individuals who interviewed here previously? I'm especially curious about the standardized patient interactions!

Any OOS ORM applicants with low-mid 500 MCAT receive a secondary and/or interview? Just looking for hope

Reactions: 1 users
Any OOS ORM applicants with low-mid 500 MCAT receive a secondary and/or interview? Just looking for hope
well, I'm an IS ORM applicant with a 502 and average GPA and I got a secondary. Stay hopeful!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder why this school's accreditation status is "Current Accreditation Status: Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring". Any ideas?

Does Western send out pre-secondary Rs? I got the standard "we received your primary app" at the beg of August and then never heard back but I'm also OOS

that’s new. i checked this same list like three months ago and it’s was just “Accreditation”
It is, they have checks every year I believe. I also saw it a few months ago and WCUCOM was marked as "Accreditation" and now it's marked as "Current Accreditation Status: Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring".

Anyone get a “application still with admissions committee” email this morning?

It is, they have checks every year I believe. I also saw it a few months ago and WCUCOM was marked as "Accreditation" and now it's marked as "Current Accreditation Status: Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring".

While I have no idea why western was given this revision, I know from reading elsewhere that it can be small unpredictable changes (ie staff turnover) that effects this. I’ll contact my friend that goes here and see what he has to say.

Edit: friend unsure. Thinks it may be due to interim dean. It’s not been talked about amongst students yet.

Last edited:
4th year here. Through the grapevines I’ve heard it’s due to lack clinical rotation site. Take with a mountain of salt, just speculating

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
OOS ( East Coast), ORM, 505, mediocre gpa w/ secondary! No interviews yet though

Its been almost two months and still no secondary. I have a pretty GPA maybe I got screened?

I think this may be william carey osteopathic..?

Received a secondary :)

Last edited:
OOS II received! 71 LM, ORM, and complete on 7/9/22. Good luck to the other applicants!

IS + strong ties; received secondary today after verification on 6/5.

Last edited: