2022-2023 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Odd...I don't have a misdemeanor or IA and I'm still silence
+1, I emailed them a couple weeks ago and they said I was currently under review but no updates since :////

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
+1, I emailed them a couple weeks ago and they said I was currently under review but no updates since :////

Thanks for letting me know. I was starting to think I had a misdemeanor or IA that I was unaware of

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I emailed them cause I'm in a similar situation and they said this:
"You application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee. There is an additional step to the review process when there is a misdemeanor or academic conduct issue reported on the application. As soon as the review is completed you should receive a message. I have added you to my list of applicants to follow up with as soon as the process is completed."

Not sure if you have a misdemeanor or IA (I have both o_O) but sounds like everyone who is under review will receive notification once that's complete so I'd say you're still under review.
I don't have either :confused: what a ride

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything since submitting my primary on July 29th....No secondary. Anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: 9 users
anyone hear back on an II? I submitted my secondary 7/15 and got an "Application Still with Admissions Committee" email 8/16. Just wanna see if anyone has seen movement with their app :)

anyone hear back on an II? I submitted my secondary 7/15 and got an "Application Still with Admissions Committee" email 8/16. Just wanna see if anyone has seen movement with their app :)
Same email yesterday, complete about a month ago

Still waiting

Did anyone else get this message?

"This message is to let you know that your application is still under consideration by the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP) Admissions Committee. We appreciate your patience and are grateful for your continued interest in the DO program on our Pomona, California campus.

Due to the volume of applications we receive, it is difficult to predict how long it may take for the Committee to consider and reach a decision on any given application. We will certainly notify you as soon as there is any change in your application status."
I am still waiting as well

anyone else still waiting to receive a secondary? kind of bummed that I haven't received one, and I'm in-state too ahh

Reactions: 2 users
anyone else still waiting to receive a secondary? kind of bummed that I haven't received one, and I'm in-state too ahh
I'm still waiting ! I wasn't sure if there's a strict screening process for this school or not. OOS applicant though so no idea if the screening standards are different.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm still waiting ! I wasn't sure if there's a strict screening process for this school or not. OOS applicant though so no idea if the screening standards are different.
it's funny because I kept getting those emails from WesternU from their admissions counselor so I thought that meant I would get one LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
still waiting too from both ponoma and lebanon campuses. But might already been outed with a sub-par 500. I know folks who got secondaries in July who had high mcat scores. This school seems to prioritize highly the MCAT to receive a secondary/II.

still waiting too from both ponoma and lebanon campuses. But might already been outed with a sub-par 500. I know folks who got secondaries in July who had high mcat scores. This school seems to prioritize highly the MCAT to receive a secondary/II.
what would be considered high? I'm currently sitting at a 511 which I know is not high but is higher than their median MCAT of 508 :/

what would be considered high? I'm currently sitting at a 511 which I know is not high but is higher than their median MCAT of 508 :/
Same here with a 510+ MCAT score :/// my GPA isn't great, but I wouldn't have expected it to be a factor that I was screened out for

Reactions: 3 users
it's funny because I kept getting those emails from WesternU from their admissions counselor so I thought that meant I would get one LOL
I got those emails until my 2nd year here. Had to manually unsubscribe

I think I’m about ready to give up on these schools. I’m OOS, but born and raised in CA.

Now that I have an acceptance to a school I’m not to keen on donating my money to a school that will probably send out interviews before i even potentially get a secondary. Looks like going back to CA will have to take a couple more years.

Only thing I can think of is that its barely lower than the MD matriculant average. 511 is plenty good for the majority of MD/DO schools imo.
Period. The average for most state MD schools is around a 510 so that makes you plenty competitive. Harvard? Maybe not but definitely competitive for all the DO schools and a lot of MD ones

I don't think this is true. I received a secondary with a 502 and average gpa

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t believe that is the case for secondaries. I received a secondary with a 505 MCAT and below average GPA from both campuses

+1, I did not receive an email and just happened to check my portal!
LM 71, WARS 76, Casper- 4th quartile, ORM
complete 7/9/22

Where does it say it on your portal?

II! OOS, ORM, moderate ties to SoCal, LM 68, Complete 8/1

Last edited:
Where does it say it on your portal?
When you log in and check your status page, at the top, there's a new header/section that states that you've gotten an interview invitation and asks you to schedule the interview. It's not a new tab in like some other portals.

OOS II! Received complete email on 8/11. LM 70. No ties. ORM

Damn did not receive II, complete on 07/27. OOS. LM 66. ORM. You think they probably rejected my app?? :(

Joining the +1 II train. Received an email this AM. IS, complete 7/27.

II this morning, complete 7/25, GPA 3.8+, MCAT 515+, pretty excited!

II this morning as well, IS, completed 8/9/22. 4th quartile casper! <510 mcat!

COMP seems to be interviewing the more juiced up candidates first. I'll wait for my mediocre ass in October --> March for a II, no biggie

Reactions: 7 users
hi, when you say completed, are you referring to the email stating your application is ready for review?
hi! sorry for the ambiguity. i submitted my secondaries on 8/9, and then I received a confirmation that it was ready to review on 8/10!

Congrats to everyone who got an II today!!! kinda dumb question, but when they asked for a "passport like" photo I uploaded a professional-ish headshot that I've been using for other schools (bc in my passport one I look really grumpy lol). I'm probably just overthinking it but do you all think that's okay?

Congrats to everyone who got an II today!!! kinda dumb question, but when they asked for a "passport like" photo I uploaded a professional-ish headshot that I've been using for other schools (bc in my passport one I look really grumpy lol). I'm probably just overthinking it but do you all think that's okay?

I just cropped my regular professional photo to make it more a headshot aligned with the framing of an ID photo… I don’t think they’ll hold it against you. Worst case they may ask you for a new one or crop it themselves.