2022-2023 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email this morning from both Western campuses that my app has been processed and sent to admissions for review

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone here receive an email that we are missing a science LOR? i submitted two of them so like lol

Anyone not get a secondary yet? I'm starting to think I got an R here and at the Oregon campus.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone not get a secondary yet? I'm starting to think I got an R here and at the Oregon campus.
Haven't gotten one from neither. I have ties to CA/LA area which makes me sad about that.
Its weird that they didnt send secondaries to everyone. I will probably do some digging through last years cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Haven't gotten one, but I am a canadian applicant. Maybe they send it in waves?

They probably send it in waves. When I chatted with someone from the admissions office when I received the secondary application invite, he mentioned that I was part of the first wave. So they're probably just staggering the invitation rollout so they don't get swamped? Or maybe they're being super meticulous about pre-secondary screening and I just got lucky to end up being screened early on. (I submitted my AACOMAS application 6/3 and got verified 6/7. Received email acknowledging receipt of my AACOMAS application by WesternU 7/6, received secondary invite 7/7, submitted secondary 7/8, and got email saying application was ready for committee review 7/15)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys , the two questions that are like “ if you haven’t shadowed a DO or a physician please explain” , i have shadowed a DO, so can i write N/A?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else's portal saying they are still awaiting their science LOR?

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else's portal saying they are still awaiting their science LOR?
yeah, mine is saying I am missing my physician and science LOR. I submitted them through aacomas. Am I supposed to send them directly to Western?

yeah, mine is saying I am missing my physician and science LOR. I submitted them through aacomas. Am I supposed to send them directly to Western?
I emailed the admissions office like four days ago and am still awaiting a reply. I’ll update when I hear back

Current 4th year at COMP, feel free to message me any Q's about the school. Not affiliated with admission, just a very bored 4th year.

Just to help everyone with some info, II's went out at like, end of August last year so we got a while to go.

Verified 6/15, rec'd email on 7/6 that they received my primary. No secondary yet. IS applicant. Non-trad. sGPA3.9x / cGPA3.5x / 51x.

Same here. Starting to think I've been screened out, since it's been almost 3 weeks. Maybe it's related to CA$Per since I scored 2nd quartile lmfao. IS, non-trad, 3.9x sGPA, 3.1x cGPA, 515+ MCAT.

Same here. Starting to think I've been screened out, since it's been almost 3 weeks. Maybe it's related to CA$Per since I scored 2nd quartile lmfao. IS, non-trad, 3.9x sGPA, 3.1x cGPA, 515+ MCAT.
i got a 2nd quartile casper and got a secondary here a bit ago. i think they look at your primary heavily and send out secondaries in waves. i’m pretty sure they haven’t sent out another wave so i’m sure they are still taking their time. i’m think they don’t interview till late september so i’m sure y’all are good

im pretty sure they both do.
Shoot you're right. Anyone know how to distribute to BOTH campuses? I only had the option to distribute my score to COMP-NW. I just went back and looked again and could not figure out how to distribute to COMP separately. (I also emailed COMP admissions about this and will let you guys know what I hear back.)

Shoot you're right. Anyone know how to distribute to BOTH campuses? I only had the option to distribute my score to COMP-NW. I just went back and looked again and could not figure out how to distribute to COMP separately. (I also emailed COMP admissions about this and will let you guys know what I hear back.)
I assumed that it sent to both of them when you click the COMP option on Altus.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still not get a secondary from either campus? I’m oos with no ties but was verified in May

Reactions: 2 users
I did not receive an email for the secondary application, but I just checked my portal from the last application cycle, and it says my secondary for this cycle has already begun on 7/5/22

What does that even mean? Like they said they sent you one but you never got it?

What does that even mean? Like they said they sent you one but you never got it?
it was a mistake. I applied last cycle so i have the logins to their secondary portal. when i log in i saw two secondaies one from last year and one for this year. But when i clicked on the new secondary, it doesn't have all the questions. it says my new AACOMAS is still pending review.

it was a mistake. I applied last cycle so i have the logins to their secondary portal. when i log in i saw two secondaies one from last year and one for this year. But when i clicked on the new secondary, it doesn't have all the questions. it says my new AACOMAS is still pending review.

Damn :( we’ll get them soon hopefully

Hear anything back?
Nope. I even called and they said my science letters “may have not counted” which made no sense as they are both bio classes and counted to the other 34 med schools I applied to. She said she would evaluate the letters herself and call me back, which was like 3-4 days ago sooo🤷🏽‍♂️ Lol. I’m going to call again tomorrow

Nope. I even called and they said my science letters “may have not counted” which made no sense as they are both bio classes and counted to the other 34 med schools I applied to. She said she would evaluate the letters herself and call me back, which was like 3-4 days ago sooo🤷🏽‍♂️ Lol. I’m going to call again tomorrow
I'll call tomorrow as well, hopefully they answer this time

I'll call tomorrow as well, hopefully they answer this time
I just checked my portal and my letters are marked as received but I am still going to call or email to make sure

Pretty sure I’ve been screened if I haven’t heard anything and I submitted in May….

No secondary yet.:( Verified 6/30, got email that they rec'd my primary 7/6. Applied to both Western U campuses. OOS. sGPA 3.1x, cGPA 3.1x, grad sGPA 4.0, 510 MCAT, strong ECs

Still waiting for secondary app…

Reactions: 4 users
Data point for anyone interested:

AACOMAS verified 7/8
Receipt of Primary 7/11
Secondary Invite 7/12
CASPER Received 7/21
Secondary Submitted 7/29
Ready for Committee Review 8/1

OOS, no ties on primary, 513/3.5cGPA&sGPA/4.0 SMP, very strong mission fit

Does anyone know what this question means in the primary?
"Have you taken coursework for credit/no credit or narrative evaluation?"

I have a few courses I was required to take for graduation by my school and they were 0 credits, so I just got a pass fail bc it wasn't an actual graded class. Is this what they mean?