2022-2023 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year, II were sent out in mid-September. The year before that, early-October. I think we will see something soon!!
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was 7/23 when you submitted your application or when it was marked as complete after the residency verification? Also, which campus is the interview for?
i honestly cannot remember, it's the date i was marked as complete in my portal. Seattle campus, in there email they said other campuses might interview later/at different weeks

i honestly cannot remember, it's the date i was marked as complete in my portal. Seattle campus, in there email they said other campuses might interview later/at different weeks
Okay thank you. I applied Spokane campus, which I think runs a bit later. No worries.

What where your states if you don't mind sharing impatiently waiting for a Seattle II as well, Thank you and good job

II for Seattle this morning :’) complete 7/20

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS II just now! Complete at the end of august!! LM: 67

Reactions: 4 users
II this morning as well! Submitted 7/31. Reapplicant here so giving it my best shot again!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when IIs come out for spokane campus?

Ahh I applied to Seattle cohort! I’m hoping they sent out emails to everyone they haven’t finished reviewing yet
Same, I got one and I applied to seattle I hope it's a truly honest email saying they didn't review and not like a soft hold... feeling kinda down

Seattle interviews multiple times, as opposed to some of the other campuses. It is still early.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an “application under review” email as a spokane applicant, i’m not expecting to hear anything until probably november honestly

Applied to the Seattle cohort, haven’t received any emails yet ://

I got an OOR II yesterday!

Hopefully this will calm some nerves, if i’m understanding it correctly… Just rewatched their E-23 admissions cycle essentials video, and they said that the amount of time it takes to review our app is not indicative of our competitiveness. 2 people could submit on the same day and hear back at different times, because the people reviewing our app are physicians and get busy etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know if they send II or “still under review” emails one day a week or could it be anytime? it seems like they did it all today and idk if it will be a weekly wave or what

got that still under review email for Spokane and getting nervous as I now wait!!!

does anyone know if they send II or “still under review” emails one day a week or could it be anytime? it seems like they did it all today and idk if it will be a weekly wave or what
Looking through past years it seems like at least IIs are typically sent weekly (I think)

For those who have IIs, have you been able to book the actual interview yet? My email says I’ll get an additional email later to schedule the interview. But alas, it has not arrived all day

I'm assuming they sent out the Spokane II's to those who's applications were completely reviewed, and for all others they sent out the 'still under review email'.

Has anyone been able to schedule their interview yet? I still haven't gotten the second email with the info

Has anyone been able to schedule their interview yet? I still haven't gotten the second email with the info
Yeah just waiting here. Really strange since last year they sent the scheduling email the day of the interview invitation email. No big deal though! Just grateful to even get this chance

Would anyone who has received the "still under review" email for Seattle mind sharing its full text?
“Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Washington School of Medicine.

We wanted to update you and let you know that your completed application is still under review. We will email you when a decision has been made.

As a reminder, offers of acceptance are contingent upon the completion of all prerequisites prior to May 15, 2023. We expect all applicants to familiarize themselves with our requirements: Pre-Medical Course Requirements | UW Medicine. Applicants are not informed of any deficit in the required biology, chemistry, or physics requirements until after acceptance or placement on the alternate list. We encourage you to review your coursework sooner rather than later so that you have time to take additional classes if necessary. If you have questions, please email [email protected].

You are expected to maintain a competitive level of academic achievement throughout. If you are taking classes, you must email us an unofficial transcript with your grades after the completion of each term.

You should notify AMCAS of any changes in your mailing address, email address, or phone number.

Please be aware that the UWSOM interviews applicants for 6 different cohorts (Seattle, Spokane, Laramie, Anchorage, Bozeman, and Moscow), so scheduling is more complicated than at some other schools. See Admissions Interview | UW Medicine for an outline of how the process works and when each site conducts interviews. We expect you to be available during the week(s) of your state's interviews.

Thank you for applying to the University of Washington School of Medicine.”

Reactions: 3 users