2022-2023 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
“Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Washington School of Medicine.

We wanted to update you and let you know that your completed application is still under review. We will email you when a decision has been made.

As a reminder, offers of acceptance are contingent upon the completion of all prerequisites prior to May 15, 2023. We expect all applicants to familiarize themselves with our requirements: Pre-Medical Course Requirements | UW Medicine. Applicants are not informed of any deficit in the required biology, chemistry, or physics requirements until after acceptance or placement on the alternate list. We encourage you to review your coursework sooner rather than later so that you have time to take additional classes if necessary. If you have questions, please email [email protected].

You are expected to maintain a competitive level of academic achievement throughout. If you are taking classes, you must email us an unofficial transcript with your grades after the completion of each term.

You should notify AMCAS of any changes in your mailing address, email address, or phone number.

Please be aware that the UWSOM interviews applicants for 6 different cohorts (Seattle, Spokane, Laramie, Anchorage, Bozeman, and Moscow), so scheduling is more complicated than at some other schools. See Admissions Interview | UW Medicine for an outline of how the process works and when each site conducts interviews. We expect you to be available during the week(s) of your state's interviews.

Thank you for applying to the University of Washington School of Medicine.”
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Are people able to schedule their interviews yet I am still waiting ? Thanks
It is on the FAQ page under 'Admissions Interview' : "The scheduling email is generally sent about 3-4 weeks prior to the interview."
please read the FAQs before raising everyone's blood pressure by posting on this thread

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the II a couple weeks ago but still haven’t been able to schedule it. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I email admissions?

II @ 11:17 this morning! MT resident, LM 70.4. I submitted secondary 7/21 and was marked complete 9/2

Reactions: 5 users
Roughly how long did it take others with IIs to receive the second email to schedule the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven’t received any email about my app being under review ://

I applied to Spokane and haven't gotten the under review email either. I wasn't complete until 9/8 though.

Are any WWAMI residents having problems with their state residency verification? I'm a MT resident and they have been very slow/I'm not sure if anyone from MT is actually verified yet. Like I submitted it in July close to the first day and have not been verified yet. I called them a few weeks ago and they said I had everything I needed in and it was just a waiting game. Curios to see if any MT residents are having the same problem and if any other WWAMI people have similar struggles.

II yesterday, IS, so excited about this one and they give you A LOT of resources to prep for the interview

Reactions: 3 users
Are any WWAMI residents having problems with their state residency verification? I'm a MT resident and they have been very slow/I'm not sure if anyone from MT is actually verified yet. Like I submitted it in July close to the first day and have not been verified yet. I called them a few weeks ago and they said I had everything I needed in and it was just a waiting game. Curios to see if any MT residents are having the same problem and if any other WWAMI people have similar struggles.
I'm also a MT resident but my residency verification was verified pretty quickly, sometime in August I believe.

I'm also a MT resident but my residency verification was verified pretty quickly, sometime in August I believe.
Oh interesting. I did get a hold of the main person in charge of the office on the phone today and she was going to take a look at why mine got held up. Thanks

Did they tell you what week your interview will be held? Or do you schedule that later
They told me the week I'll be interviewing and that they will send another email closer to that time to schedule the II. Seems like they host IIs on tuesdays and thursdays AM and PM sessions.

They told me the week I'll be interviewing and that they will send another email closer to that time to schedule the II. Seems like they host IIs on tuesdays and thursdays AM and PM sessions.
Can I ask what week you’re interviewing? Congrats btw!!!

Manifesting interview invites for all tomorrow🙏

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II for Seattle just now LM 75 Complete 8/11/22. Received the "still under review" email few weeks ago.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
just received a second "still under review" email.....AHHHHH

basically the same text as the last email, might be identical

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Second still under review email received just now 💀 why yall do me like this

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Received another review email. Better than a rejection. Keep your heads up fellas

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Got another “still under review” email… Still hoping it means what it says and it’s not a soft hold

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
just received a second "still under review" email.....AHHHHH

basically the same text as the last email, might be identical
I swear this school just gives me a panic attack any day now

• Care
this kind of answers my personal question of: would more transparency reduce my anxiety?

the answer is no.

• Haha
still have yet to receive any email……anyone else also complete early September?

still have yet to receive any email……anyone else also complete early September?
That's strange, too bad you can't send them an email like "I just saw a bunch of other people got admissions updates" lol

At least based on what people are saying on here, it seems like more people are getting “still under review” emails instead of II’s, so maybe they’re just taking their time this year lol

At least based on what people are saying on here, it seems like more people are getting “still under review” emails instead of II’s, so maybe they’re just taking their time this year lol
Maybe someone can ask them at the AAMC October Virtual Fair but idk, maybe I just need to be patient 🥲

Anyone who has gotten the initial II email - how long did it take to receive the scheduling email?

Same question - still waiting but for me personally I think it’s been 1-2 weeks so far?
Omg, it’s been 1-2 weeks and you’re still waiting? 😳 I mean, on one hand I’m glad for the transparency, knowing they’re offering me an interview. But that’s a long time lol