2022-2023 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That can’t be right? I saw someone got II on 2/12/19 on 2018-2019 thread
Oops I worded wrong. Every year they would send it out early august except for 2018-2019 where they sent it 8/28

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
so i heard there are changes to their curriculum and a lot of other changes come up. heard from current student and someone who works at ucd. so maybe that is what is taking them a while.

Members don't see this ad :)
II earlier today! Dates beginning as early as 9/9

Reactions: 3 users
I still haven't received a secondary from them despite receiving an email saying "Application Received" on August 6. My stats are fairly high (4.0/521) so wondering if I got yield protected.

Reactions: 2 users
I still haven't received a secondary from them despite receiving an email saying "Application Received" on August 6. My stats are fairly high (4.0/521) so wondering if I got yield protected.
what part of cali are you in?

Fwiw i have the same stats and got a secondary in July and received an IS II on Friday. Strong ties to Norcal though.

Hey ya'll, I was verified a couple weeks ago and sent my app to UC Davis. So far, I've only received a "we received your application" email, and I'm still waiting for a secondary (fingers crossed). How long did it take for you all to receive one? UCD is my top choice, I went there for undergrad and I live in the area..I really hope I pass their screening, if there is one.

Hey ya'll, I was verified a couple weeks ago and sent my app to UC Davis. So far, I've only received a "we received your application" email, and I'm still waiting for a secondary (fingers crossed). How long did it take for you all to receive one? UCD is my top choice, I went there for undergrad and I live in the area..I really hope I pass their screening, if there is one.

I got mine the same day my MCAT released and like 7-10 days after I was verified.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine the same day my MCAT released and like 7-10 days after I was verified.
Okay, thank you! My MCAT and Preview scores are in, and I don't think those would get me screened out. I'll just wait a little longer. I supposed UCD does a holistic screen so it would take awhile?

I haven’t heard of a secondary since like late July when my primary was recieved. Anyone not get a secondary yet verified in July or June?

I haven’t heard of a secondary since like late July when my primary was recieved. Anyone not get a secondary yet verified in July or June?
Same. I’m pretty sure I just been ghosted or didn’t make it through the screen

I'm OOS so maybe different, I submitted on 8/12 and got my secondary 8/14, but I'm a very strong mission fit

Anyone from SoCal still waiting for secondary? I sent them my primary 8/1...

II received today. Submitted 7/19.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm still waiting for a secondary and I submitted my primary on the first day possible. I was wondering if y'all knew if sending an email to admissions restating my interest would be a good move right now? My stats are: 3.6 CGPA, 514 MCAT, IS, strong ties to Norcal. this is my top program, wasnt expecting to be screened out this early :(

I got an app received email a few weeks ago but silence since then

I'm still waiting for a secondary and I submitted my primary on the first day possible. I was wondering if y'all knew if sending an email to admissions restating my interest would be a good move right now? My stats are: 3.6 CGPA, 514 MCAT, IS, strong ties to Norcal. this is my top program, wasnt expecting to be screened out this early :(

I got an app received email a few weeks ago but silence since then
Are you from norcal? I never received an app received email but got a secondary. I wonder if perhaps they do a more thorough look if you are not from norcal.

Are you from norcal? I never received an app received email but got a secondary. I wonder if perhaps they do a more thorough look if you are not from norcal.
I'm from central California but I've also lived in NorCal and SoCal and have immediate family in both.

i heard they go by zipcode (a former adcoms member told me!). if you are in the vicinity of davis sac area, you usually get a secondary right away. That's what happened to me. And then other areas I think they read the apps to determine if you should get a secondary.

i heard they go by zipcode (a former adcoms member told me!). if you are in the vicinity of davis sac area, you usually get a secondary right away. That's what happened to me. And then other areas I think they read the apps to determine if you should get a secondary.
Maybe… I got a graduate degree from Davis so it may be different, but I got a secondary the same day my MCAT was released which was about 10 days after I submitted my primary to Davis and I’m OOS.

Maybe… I got a graduate degree from Davis so it may be different, but I got a secondary the same day my MCAT was released which was about 10 days after I submitted my primary to Davis and I’m OOS.
yea they wait for mcat and probably since u went to ucd for a degree, you got it same day as mcat released

For interview photos, does anyone know if smiling is acceptable? There is no mention of it on the portal page, but the US Passport Photos page they reference for examples requires a neutral expression. I emailed them, but just seeing if anyone already knows the answer.

Can anyone with an interview so far say when their interview was scheduled for?

Should you be completing at least one of the "Scholarly Pathways"? Would it be bad if I click "no" on every single question? 😂

Should you be completing at least one of the "Scholarly Pathways"? Would it be bad if I click "no" on every single question?

I clicked no to each one and still got an II! If you wanna do one by all means go for it but I don’t think it’s a requirement.

For interview photos, does anyone know if smiling is acceptable? There is no mention of it on the portal page, but the US Passport Photos page they reference for examples requires a neutral expression. I emailed them, but just seeing if anyone already knows the answer.

Smile!

II just now! IS, complete 7/18. Does anyone see any available dates other than 9/23?

When schools pass over my complete date without an II, is that usually a bad sign? This is my dream school!

I'm from Sac county and I just got my secondary right now (diff area code than UCD SOM but still).

The process is so weird.

7/28 (added UCD at this date, verified before this date)
yea then idk what system they use. i got a secondary same day my mcat was released, almost same time too.

Also got secondary today with low GPA (like truly low, not 3.5 low) and solid MCAT. Who knows how they screen but it’s not a straight at least 3.0 uGPA. Verified and submitted primary 8/1.

Should you be completing at least one of the "Scholarly Pathways"? Would it be bad if I click "no" on every single question? 😂
I said no to all of them and got an II, FYI.