2022-2023 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm thinking since there's a campus tour tomorrow, it might be a few more days for II's. I hope I'm wrong. I know the admissions faculty will be present during the tour (at least from my experience).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just prematched! Received 10:54 CST interviewed 10/8
Ahhh!! Congrats! That's a quick turnaround, they really liked you!!

Anyone else hear back? wondering if they're doing it all at once or if it's trickling out through the day (e.g. should I get my hopes up or nah)

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! Haven't heard back here, hoping it's a trickle haha

Reactions: 3 users
PREMATCHED!!!

NO EMAIL YET BUT CHECK YOUR PORTAL!!!

EDIT: Interviewed 9/29

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Prematched! Haven't gotten an email either, it is in the portal

Reactions: 8 users
random question: if I interviewed at a lot of places but don't prematch, does that mean im a bad interviewer? lmao

random question: if I interviewed at a lot of places but don't prematch, does that mean im a bad interviewer? lmao
Wait until the application season is over before making assumptions! Prematch isn't over for another 3 months and then there's match and WLs!! You got this!

Reactions: 4 users
Pre-matched!!!! Popped up on the portal just now. Interviewed 10/6!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In my portal too but I’m not going to believe it until I get the email 😭

• Care
If you interviewed before prematch day, is today the only day you’re likely to get a prematch? Or could you randomly get one some time later?

In my portal too but I’m not going to believe it until I get the email 😭
Oh gosh my anxiety just spiked lol. This had better not be a tech glitch.

I don’t wanna be Mayo’ed 🥲

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Prematch offers can be made from now to late January

What I mean to say is, can a person that interviewed say in September still get a prematch offer? Or are the subsequent prematch offers only offered to people who are interviewing in the future?

What I mean to say is, can a person that interviewed say in September still get a prematch offer? Or are the subsequent prematch offers only offered to people who are interviewing in the future?
yes to both. They will keep comparing newly interviewed guys to older ones.

Email came through just now! There was personalized information in it (about the ECs I talked about in my interview) which may be why they're trickling in instead of coming all at once

• Love
Email came through just now! There was personalized information in it (about the ECs I talked about in my interview) which may be why they're trickling in instead of coming all at once
Oh wow!! That’s so cool. My love for this school continues to grow :)

Just checked my portal and saw the A! Also waiting for an email still. CONGRATS EVERYONE!!! Happy Tuesday :)

ACCEPTED OOS! Congratulations to everyone who is prematching here!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Email came through at 1:03pm CDT :) And yes, it does contained personalized info. Such a nice touch!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed here Sept. 1st. REaaally hoping to hear back from this place soon haha! Congrats everyone!

I can see the prematch offer on my portal but haven't received an email. Can I accept the offer on the portal without getting the email? @wysdoc

prematched at 2:52 pm cst!
informed by email.

prematch offer at 15:03 CST! Interviewed 10/06! (I am from El Paso)

• Wow
Got an Acceptance in the portal, but no email still. Has anyone else not received an email? Also, has anyone seen any scholarship info? I've seen on past threads that they send that out with A's sometimes.

Lol, got an email from them today and got all excited. It was just another invite to tour the campus rip XD

Got an Acceptance in the portal, but no email still. Has anyone else not received an email? Also, has anyone seen any scholarship info? I've seen on past threads that they send that out with A's sometimes.
Same situation, making me nervous 😬

• Hmm
Hopefully I still have a chance at an II. Submitted end of July

Did anyone receive an acceptance who did not attend or sign up for a campus tour beforehand? I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to afford the cost of a hotel, flight, and time off work for such a short visit, but I'm wondering if not signing up for these tours makes the school think I'm not interested.

Did anyone receive an acceptance who did not attend or sign up for a campus tour beforehand? I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to afford the cost of a hotel, flight, and time off work for such a short visit, but I'm wondering if not signing up for these tours makes the school think I'm not interested.
Pre matched here and I did none of those things. I don't think it has any bearing on decision tbh.

I received one but haven't toured

Appreciate the replies WAMC and totalcorruption! Thank you!

Reactions: 2 users
I attended the tour and had to get on 2 planes to get to El Paso. I haven’t prematched so far.

I attended the tour and had to get on 2 planes to get to El Paso. I haven’t prematched so far.
Thank you, and I hope that you hear from them really soon. That was a solid commitment and I respect it.

I did not tour, although my interviewer did say that it was nice to hear I had visited the city before and knew what I was getting into 🤣