2022-2023 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it too late to submit a secondary here? Just realized I forgot to pay the secondary fee for this school, Lubbock, and UTMB. RIP
no, send them!

Members don't see this ad.

I mean, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. What is there to lose?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone attending the campus tour for Sep 20th?
I want to so badly. Can't afford it at the moment. You just reminded me I need to call them and see when the next opportunity to tour is. I emailed but never heard back.

What’s the point of touring rn if prematch hasn’t started? Like isn’t the decision already made and touring won’t change anything?

What’s the point of touring rn if prematch hasn’t started? Like isn’t the decision already made and touring won’t change anything?
a) now is when they are offering tours
b) if a person has never seen this part of Texas it will help them make decisions if they have more than one interview

I have an interview and I never got any information about touring :(
Maybe it's because I'm OOS?

I have an interview and I never got any information about touring :(
Maybe it's because I'm OOS?
It’s for students who already have interviewed. Once you interview, you’ll receive an email about a tour date. They do them once a month I believe.

I figured touring would help them show my interest, so I could get a pre-match tbh.

I figured touring would help them show my interest, so I could get a pre-match tbh.
They said that after the interview on the same day, the committee will sit down and rank you. That's why they don't really accept LOI's because the decision's already been made essentially. Also, it wouldn't make sense for this in-person tour to have a sway on admissions since most Texans will have to fly there ($$)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now!! (EPTX ties) Complete 8/16

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I know that this school's interview is traditional, but does anyone know if it's an open or closed file interview?

Open or closed only refers to stats (open). So Closed review people only know your essays and activities while open interviewers know your GPA, MCAT etc. There is a perception that people don't have preconceived notions about your abilities when they dont know your stats and treat you more fairly during and after the interview.

II received yesterday. 71 LM ORM IS reapp. Complete 7/25.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew from Foster just now. Reasons: I don't see myself living in El Paso and I don't want to waste the admissions team's time if I wouldn't accept an acceptance.

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew from Foster just now. Reasons: I don't see myself living in El Paso and I don't want to waste the admissions team's time if I wouldn't accept an acceptance.
appreciate u sir

Phew, so just a little over 2 weeks before the offers might start rolling - good luck to everyone!! This school really impressed me with their interview process and shot way up on my list :)

Phew, so just a little over 2 weeks before the offers might start rolling - good luck to everyone!! This school really impressed me with their interview process and shot way up on my list :)
Don't remind me haha. I don't wanna get my hopes up too high! But at the same time having the assurance of an acceptance before Match Day would be amazing.

I've been keeping busy by working out, working, and spending time with the family. Oh... and reading way too many school X vs Y threads to be considered sane lol.

I hope October 15th is good to all of us! Looking forward to the potential mass celebration!

I didn’t realize they sent cute little packets to interviewees. It’s ADORABLE, I LOVE IT

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Just received an II! I'm so excited it's my first MD interview! :)

Reactions: 8 users
II! IS, submitted 06/20

II! Complete 6/22

nobody prepares you for the hardest part of the medical school interview - tying a tie...

• Haha
I hope October 15th is good to all of us! Looking forward to the potential mass celebration!

Do you think that anyone will actually get prematch offers on the 15th? I wonder whether any prematch results might be released on the 17th since it’s the first business day

Do you think that anyone will actually get prematch offers on the 15th? I wonder whether any prematch results might be released on the 17th since it’s the first business day
Schools dont stop sending emails because it is a holiday. In many cases, they preset up the release of these emails.

Reactions: 3 users
I've noticed that schools send secondaries and II's on weekends, so I kind of assume that pre-matching on a Saturday is possible. Still, I am not 100% positive. Would definitely make for a great start to the weekend lol!

does anybody know if this is a prematch heavy or light school?

Na-ni?! Could my eyes have failed me??

Wait a minute, is this a genjutsu?!

• Haha
  • Wow
It is a little bizarre - Foster seems to have historically sent out prematches early on the first day. So either no one's sharing the good news or they're bucking tradition lol.

It is a little bizarre - Foster seems to have historically sent out prematches early on the first day. So either no one's sharing the good news or they're bucking tradition lol.
Random question, but did you go to the campus tour?

😬😬😬😬😬 checking my email every 5 seconds

Sameeeee. Come on Foster what do I need to do to manifest some love from you in return?

Let Me Love You Please GIF by Omni !

did anyone get an email confirmation when you registered for the campus tour?
I toured Sept. 20th, and I got an email confirmation when I registered. I also got another email closer to the tour date.

hopefully tomorrow will be the day