2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it's kinda rude how all these schools aren't knocking down my door tryna give me spots off their waitlist :/

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
The full class should start to thin out soon. Best of luck to all WL candidates. Hope to see you all in our GroupMe and Discord in the future. <3

Reactions: 3 users
someone correct me if im wrong, but nearly every school says this when they mean they have given out all (or enough) of their post-II direct As to fill the class. now is the time where everyone who got an A can start narrowing down their list and obviously not everyone who got an A here is gonna be attending. once people start withdrawing their As, then the WL movement begins until their class is ~actually~ full with direct As and WL As who are actually committed to attending the school
Correct.

Members don't see this ad :)
The game of musical chairs will start on May 3rd
Hi! Can you explain the significance of May 3rd? -currently a waitlisted applicant trying to determine when I need to monitor my email constantly🥹 thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Applicants with multiple MD "A"s will have to narrow down to one choice on May 2nd. This will start moving the MD waitlist . Those who have DO "A"s and currently waitlisted could get an "A" at that point and likely withdraw from DO admission. The DO deadline is May 15th for narrowing down to one choice. That will certainly get things moving too.

Hi! Can you explain the significance of May 3rd? -currently a waitlisted applicant trying to determine when I need to monitor my email constantly🥹 thank you!
Applicants with multiple MD "A"s will have to narrow down to one choice on May 2nd. This will start moving the MD waitlist . Those who have DO "A"s and currently waitlisted could get an "A" at that point and likely withdraw from DO admission. The DO deadline is May 15th for narrowing down to one choice. That will certainly get things moving too.

Just an FYI, this deadline is traditionally April 30th, except for years when that falls on a weekend. In that case, it is moved to the following Monday, which this year will be May 2 :).

Also to answer the question about the significance, this deadline exists only for MD applicants because for MD apps the decision making and all that good stuff happens through AMCAS. For DO applications, at least from what I have read, while you send your primary via AACOMAS, that's pretty much all it is, after that it's just through the individual schools themselves hence there is no such equivalent universal DO deadline. I do wish it was more normalized across all DO schools through AACOMAS though, I feel like it would make things easier on applicants and schools too, just more consistent with deadlines and waitlist movement etc. I have read from previous years threads of many schools that even just on the day of the decision, the waitlist moves a significant amount. I wish it was more predictable and just a little more transparent for DO schools too.

Reactions: 2 users
I would suggest reading this from AACOM website :
Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one COM to avoid having positions withdrawn.

Does the May 15th deadline also apply to WLs ? (i.e I have to decline my waitlists by 5/15 and only hold an acceptance)

Does the May 15th deadline also apply to WLs ? (i.e I have to decline my waitlists by 5/15 and only hold an acceptance)
No I believe you can stay on as many WL’s as you want just not multiple A’s

Reactions: 3 users
I would suggest reading this from AACOM website :
Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one COM to avoid having positions withdrawn.

See, this is what confused me. The page states “After May 15 of the year of matriculation, each medical college may implement college-specific procedures for accepted students who hold one or more seats at other medical colleges.”

I have a question if you or anybody else can answer this for me. How do schools know if you have withdrawn from other schools or not? If everything is college-specific, do they communicate via AACOMAS or between schools regarding specific applicants or is it entirely down to the applicant to abide by these rules? Basically if someone doesn’t withdraw from multiple schools, how are they given consequences for it?

Does anyone know how many people are on this waitlist? Or what % of the class consists of people pulled from the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my acceptance from this school, hopefully it starts some early WL movement since I hate to be that guy holding onto multiple acceptances like some Pokemon card collector. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrawing my acceptance from this school, hopefully it starts some early WL movement since I hate to be that guy holding onto multiple acceptances like some Pokemon card collector. Good luck to you all!
Thank you! To all those who have As and have decided they won’t be attending NYITCOM, plz plz withdraw so we can see some WL movement soon. I am speaking on behalf of all of us on WL who would really love to get that A.

Reactions: 2 users
Are they still sending interviews? If not, why aren’t they denying pre interviews yet?

Accepted this afternoon at 4pm CST. Interviewed on 4/6.

Are they still sending interviews? If not, why aren’t they denying pre interviews yet?
I believe that they are done with the interview cycle.

On April 10, a user posted:
"Interviews are over for this year. Safe to assume this is not the year you will matriculate to NYITCOM"

II’s are done from what I was told, pre-interview rejections will probably be sent late April/May

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted this afternoon at 4pm CST. Interviewed on 4/6.
Congratulations, future doc! We have a Discord for the Class of 2027, as well as a GroupMe. I don't have the GroupMe link because I rarely ever use GM, but here is the Discord. If and when you join, please read the rules and complete the role verification. :thumbup:

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist? Based on last year's post, I thought the movement would start today.

Also, has anyone who got the master program email and declined the offer heard a response or been accepted to just the DO program? I'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know.

Congratulations, future doc! We have a Discord for the Class of 2027, as well as a GroupMe. I don't have the GroupMe link because I rarely ever use GM, but here is the Discord. If and when you join, please read the rules and complete the role verification. :thumbup:
Could you refer us to anyone on here who has the GroupMe. Thank you.
@coffeebean2600

Tomorrow should be the day of mass WL movement. If you are on that list, you should certainly check your junk mail sometime around the afternoon. Anyone withdrawing their acceptance may announce it to give hope to those who need it.

Reactions: 5 users
a followup, does anyone know if you email their admissons email does it only send an automated response?

has anyone been rejected yet? I emailed them multiple times with updates and LOI and they say they have me under review although I haven't interviewed with them. Do they have massive R' emails sent out by May 3rd? Or interviews are still happening??

has anyone been rejected yet? I emailed them multiple times with updates and LOI and they say they have me under review although I haven't interviewed with them. Do they have massive R' emails sent out by May 3rd? Or interviews are still happening??
I got the same email response so i was wondering if it was just an automated one lol.

Would anyone who currently attends NYITCOM-OW be able to share if the maximum GradPlus loans provided by the school was much higher, lower or accurate for the amount actually needed for the COL? Thanks!

Westbury interviews were over the week of April14th.

• Sad
Tomorrow should be the day of mass WL movement. If you are on that list, you should certainly check your junk mail sometime around the afternoon. Anyone withdrawing their acceptance may announce it to give hope to those who need it.
So what time do you think we can expect to hear something?

Did anyone get an email today? I didn’t hear anything back. Should we just assume that they will let us know by the end of the week? I think it’s probably too late for today.

The past two years movement started in April. Why do you think it’s taking longer this year?

The past two years movement started in April. Why do you think it’s taking longer this year?
I noticed that too! Last year waitlist movement started April 22nd and currently we are almost two weeks out from the expected waitlist movement day. I don’t know why exactly but my best guess is that the class is full and not enough people are dropping their acceptance.

Would anyone who currently attends NYITCOM-OW be able to share if the maximum GradPlus loans provided by the school was much higher, lower or accurate for the amount actually needed for the COL? Thanks!
Current OMS-1 at Old Westbury! The estimation given by the school is much higher than needed for COL. The estimation factors in things such as textbooks, which students don't need to buy. Most students also share houses which cuts down on the cost of rent.

• Care
I keep frantically checking my inbox. Crickets so far.

Has anyone here turned down the offer for the MS program? I did and I’m hoping to be accepted to just the DO program. I’d appreciate any feedback.

I haven’t gotten the email for the MS program. I refresh my inbox every 5 minutes as well. This isn’t healthy lol