2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did everyone hear back at the same time? II was 2/1, hoping to hear something today šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed beginning of February as well and was hoping to hear back today too, based on last yearā€™s thread.

Just received A! 10:32 AM
OOS Interviewed late Jan

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So nervous!! Anyone who interviewed in early Feb hear anything??

Reactions: 1 user
Deferred just now! Better than the scary letter in the mail. šŸ„³
I wish this committee would meet more than once a month!

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed in November, Deferred in January, and still nothing. I would rather just be rejected at this point.

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed in February have not heard back. Maybe they are going chronologically.
That could be the case! I got my A email at exactly 10 am, and the email had a PDF acceptance letter with my name (ie not just a mass email) so it stands to reason theyā€™re sending them out one-by-one

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 11/30, deferred 2/15, what are the chances I hear today? Dying with anticipation šŸ˜…

Deferred after late Jan interview OOS

Do they reject people post-interview? Or is it just mass deferral and then rejection later? Trying to figure out how I should feel about this

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Deferred after late Jan interview OOS

Do they reject people post-interview? Or is it just mass deferral and then rejection later? Trying to figure out how I should feel about this
Based on last yearā€™s thread, people definitely got accepted from being deferred! Donā€™t stress yet ā˜ŗļø

Reactions: 2 users
Do decisions go out throughout the whole day? or just in the morning?

Pre-II R. Received Deferral of Interview invite in 1/2023

Interviewed in Feb and also have not received any news

deferral as well this morning from end of Jan interview

Finally got the A! :soexcited: It took me 3 years of applying and I finally got in. If you do not give up on your dreams then your dreams will not give up on you. Also for people who are accepted, it says to submit the deposit but I literally can't find where :shrug:

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I found it on the portal, confirmation almost gave me a heart attack...

people who are accepted, it says to submit the deposit but I literally can't find where :shrug:
Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 4.34.27 PM.png

Anyone have an idea what's the theory with the 'other offers' webpage under the Offer tab on the website and if it's helpful for anything to list other offers there? Not sure if they offer scholarships beyond Abigail, but maybe that helps inform those decisions ?

I got the Abigail scholars II just now after hearing back with the A yesterday

Anyone have an idea of how much of their class is filled? I interviewed last month and I feel like a lot of people on here have been getting post-II deferrals so im thinking a good amount of seats are still not taken?

Anyone have an idea of how much of their class is filled? I interviewed last month and I feel like a lot of people on here have been getting post-II deferrals so im thinking a good amount of seats are still not taken?

Wondering the sameā€¦ any insight shared would be appreciated! Deferred post-II 12/6.

R in the mail today. Interviewed late Jan. No emails or portal updates.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Hey wonderful people. I donā€™t know if this is consisted as spam, but I have a slightly off topic question. Does geisinger commonwealth accept LORs from Interfolio? Or it should be strictly through amcas?

Hey wonderful people. I donā€™t know if this is consisted as spam, but I have a slightly off topic question. Does geisinger commonwealth accept LORs from Interfolio? Or it should be strictly through amcas?
you link interfolio to your amcas and they receive it through amcas. good luck :)

Do you all think weā€™ll have to wait till April 15th for the next wave of decisions for interviews? It seems kinda late to me but I know they usually do release on the 15th of the month

Do you all think weā€™ll have to wait till April 15th for the next wave of decisions for interviews? It seems kinda late to me but I know they usually do release on the 15th of the month

Def. Spoke to admissions today and the woman basically confirmed again that they only meet once a month and that it could be ā€œ6-8 weeks. Sometimes even moreā€

Def. Spoke to admissions today and the woman basically confirmed again that they only meet once a month and that it could be ā€œ6-8 weeks. Sometimes even moreā€
Ah darn. This whole process has taught me to be patient if nothing else šŸ˜ž thanks for sharing!!

ive been deferred since november after interviewing in october. i sent them a letter of intent/update letter a few months ago. what do u guys think abt emailing them and asking them where i stand? this is my top choice school so i dont want to screw up by emailing them

ive been deferred since november after interviewing in october. i sent them a letter of intent/update letter a few months ago. what do u guys think abt emailing them and asking them where i stand? this is my top choice school so i dont want to screw up by emailing them
if you already sent a LOI i would lean of the side of not asking where you stand since it wont improve your standings. FWIW the FB page of accepted students has 79 students rn.

if you already sent a LOI i would lean of the side of not asking where you stand since it wont improve your standings. FWIW the FB page of accepted students has 79 students rn.

ok yeah then i wonā€™t, thanks for ur input. damn 79 already

• Care
Where did you see the FB page?

Does anyone know their estimated class size?

Important to remember that all schools accept more students than their actual class size. So Geisinger accepts at least 200+