2022-2023 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For those that interviewed at the first Applicant Visit Day, around when did you get the email with the schedule for the day? Someone said the Wednesday before. Does that sound right? Just want to know when to expect to know more for the interview next week.

Also, what was general the ~vibe~ of the Sunday mixer?

Reactions: 1 user
how long did it take for yall to receive a secondary? just asking, because I am an in-state resident!

Anyone who interviewed already: When did they send you info about the Sunday mixer? 1 week out and have yet to hear about a time/place

Anyone who interviewed already: When did they send you info about the Sunday mixer? 1 week out and have yet to hear about a time/place

I got the email with information about the interview day and student mixer a few days before the interview, a little over 2 weeks after I got my interview invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey can someone let me know how they interpreted the "pursue inclusive excellence" part? I thought it meant something like bringing diversity but from their website it sounds a bit different so I'm confused. Thanks!

Hey can someone let me know how they interpreted the "pursue inclusive excellence" part? I thought it meant something like bringing diversity but from their website it sounds a bit different so I'm confused. Thanks!
I spoke about diversity as well as using my experiences to better understand others. I also received an II. However, as with everything, YMMV.

I spoke about diversity as well as using my experiences to better understand others. I also received an II. However, as with everything, YMMV.
Thank you! I was also thinking about showing how I can understand others, but with the way the prompt is worded, I wasn't sure if they want us to show that we can understand other students or patients.

Also, what was general the ~vibe~ of the Sunday mixer?
Relatively casual. I mean I dressed up because I didn't know what to expect but it truly was just meeting with students. You don't have to dress up at all, or be incredibly formal.

For what it's worth I noticed a strong amount of student pride at UA Phoenix.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there any information on the student clubs/organizations at UofA-Phoenix? I can only find information about the Tucson campus' clubs.

Is there any information on the student clubs/organizations at UofA-Phoenix? I can only find information about the Tucson campus' clubs.

Not a current student, just an applicant. Had to poke around a bit to find this.

From what I can tell, have there been more IS II than OOS ones?

From what I can tell, have there been more IS II than OOS ones?
Not sure. They used to post how many AZ vs OOS apps/invites they had on their admissions website, but now it's just the total number. At my interview day, there were people from all over, but I think about 1/3-1/2 were in-state.

How did you guys assign Prerequisites? Just the minimum class requirement asked or all applicable classes?

Well, I didn't know I won't be able to go back after saving and submitted a whole bunch of relevant classes for each section. Should I be concerned about this?

Last edited:
How did you guys assign Prerequisites? Just the minimum class requirement asked or all applicable classes?

Well, I didn't know I won't be able to go back after saving and submitted a whole bunch of relevant classes for each section. Should I be concerned about this?
Minimum requirement

OOS II for Sept 26 :) got the invite on tuesday. I'm a reapplicant so very excited!

The way I’m glued to my phone every other Monday for this school…. 🙃

II today at 3:06 p.m. ET. Secondary complete 8/11 but application was on hold until 9/6 due to a coursework discrepancy. OOS applicant with 519/3.81. First interview that will be in person and MMI format on 10/10 so pretty excited!

Back again for another Monday of disappointment 😃

Reactions: 3 users
do you know if college of medicine-phoenix has any events for applicants, because as an in-state resident, I would be interested in attending? thanks!

Have calls started going out? Based on last year's thread they started pretty early
I am unsure as well. I am just here at work, anxiously waiting any call or email from them

Reactions: 3 users
First acceptance! got the call 6:30 MST

Reactions: 6 users
Got the call. First acceptance of the season!

Reactions: 8 users
Got the A at 7AM PST. IS Interviewed 8/1!

Reactions: 6 users
did anyone receive a secondary with under the minimum GPA/MCAT score requirements?

Acceptance call today at 11:30 am PST😭😭😭 Interviewed 9/26

For those interested, apparently 57 calls went out today!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users