2021-2022 Virginia Tech Carilion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an II today! OOS applicant with BA/MS in Biology, did a lot of research for my thesis but no publications. Complete 7/28.
Congrats! Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
odds we get decisions today? interviewed 10/23
I wish!! Also interviewed 10/23 and have been furiously checking my emails.. I think it will likely be next week as well. Hoping the best for us both!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone getting calls!! :giggle: Anyone from the 11/13 interviews get a call yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted interviewed on 10/23! I was told they are making all the calls today

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 11/13 and got the A call an hour ago!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Got the A! Can’t believe it- first one!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Do u think they’re done with the calls for the day? Interviewed 10/23 and am losing hope lol

• Care
Do u think they’re done with the calls for the day? Interviewed 10/23 and am losing hope lol
10/23 and also heard nothing.. I thought this was my best interview and absolutely loved the program but now I’m feeling bummed haha

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
For those who have been accepted- do you guys see anything in your portals yet? I keep feeling like this is a dream and I want to make sure it wasn't a mistake lol.
And for those who haven't heard yet- hang in there, sending good vibes and thoughts your way <3

10/23 and also heard nothing.. I thought this was my best interview and absolutely loved the program but now I’m feeling bummed haha
Same boat as you both, interviewed 11/13. Hoping they are still calling but could still get an email tomorrow like some earlier in the thread.

Depressed, interviewed in Oct, really hoped for a call so I could have a happy xmas. Sad... awaiting the rejection/active list email tomorrow.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone who interviewed 11/30 hear back yet?
I think vtc reviews in batches of two—so this round was 10/23 and 11/13. You’ll probably hear back 2-3 weeks after their next interview day (my guess is sometime in January, but I’m not sure)

Reactions: 3 users
This school has a very low post II A rate so don’t get your hopes up people

super thankful to have received an ii here! Can anyone share how the energy of their traditional interview felt (research focused, or more conversational regarding your application)? & how you prepared for MMI? thanks :)

super thankful to have received an ii here! Can anyone share how the energy of their traditional interview felt (research focused, or more conversational regarding your application)? & how you prepared for MMI? thanks :)
They were very nice and conversational! It's a research oriented school but the interview is short so not a lot of time for details about any of your activities.

For the MMI portion I looked up example MMI questions online and tried to come up with an answer for each one that I could pitch in a few minutes. I tried to only give myself a couple minutes to come up with an answer that gave my perspective and completely answered the prompt. Practicing doing those things is definitely more important than memorizing any specific mmi answers. It definitely doesn't hurt to have some anecdotes in mind in case there are questions about common things like your strengths/weakness etc though.

I know its cliche but just try to relax and be yourself! Good luck!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the active status pool email! RIP lol
Does everyone get an active status pool if you don’t get in during this round of acceptances? I got the same email so I’m wondering

Last edited:
Got active status also, anyone have any idea of movement, if any? If not, I am willing to give admissions a call :)

In the previous sdn thread, I saw people get rejected post interview. For the active list, it seems that the "April round of acceptances" is just the final filter on who makes the waitlist or gets rejected. I'll just treat this as a rejection and move on.

Also just got the active status pool email, does this basically mean a wait list? I'm curious if anyone's asked admissions?

My understanding is that active status = reviewed with next decisions and then you get an R or put on a shorter waitlist. If you got an active status email I'm sure they'd be willing to answer any questions about it

I am interviewing Jan 8 and still have not received any information regarding my interview. When did people who previously interviewed receive info regarding the interview day schedule? Do you know who your interviewers (non-MMI) are pre-interview?

I am interviewing Jan 8 and still have not received any information regarding my interview. When did people who previously interviewed receive info regarding the interview day schedule? Do you know who your interviewers (non-MMI) are pre-interview?
I received information about my interview on Monday afternoon around 3p EST- so if you don't hear back by end of Tuesday I'd definitely reach out!

I was not informed who my non-MMI interviewer would be. It was a complete surprise for me all the way until the moment we were scheduled to meet over Zoom.

Pre-II R just now. Damn, second one of the day.

• Care
Yep pre-II R as well, July complete date. Not unexpected given how small the program is :p

Pre-II R today, OOS, conpleted on 7/17. I was going to send an update letter this week...