2021-2022 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey duo peeps—I just got a letter in the mail from ucsf about applying for financial aid, and having to download duo. I know from other A’s I have that individual school financial aid/scholarship proceedings just opened or will open soon at this time. Ucsf is the only school I’ve received any prompting from regarding steps to take for financial aid (that isn’t just adding the school to fafsa) that I have only have an interview, but no A for (waiting for decision) so I’m a bit confused.

Throwing this info out there to see if anyone else has this letter, and if the letter/duo email was sent to all interviewed applicants only, accepted applicants, WL applicants, or everyone applied.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey duo peeps—I just got a letter in the mail from ucsf about applying for financial aid, and having to download duo. I know from other A’s I have that individual school financial aid/scholarship proceedings just opened or will open soon at this time. Ucsf is the only school I’ve received any prompting from regarding steps to take for financial aid (that isn’t just adding the school to fafsa) that I have only have an interview, but no A for (waiting for decision) so I’m a bit confused.

Throwing this info out there to see if anyone else has this letter, and if the letter/duo email was sent to all interviewed applicants only, accepted applicants, WL applicants, or everyone applied.
I'll have to see if I receive next week since mail wasn't delivered today due to the new year and tomorrow is Sunday. I did get another automated duo prompt to sign up for that. Also interviewed but no decision yet. I will say though on my interview day they did say to start sending Fafsa stuff and that was in October (aka far before anyone was accepted), so I wouldn't read much into this stuff yet. Best to just wait for the next wave for an actual decision hopefully.

I'll have to see if I receive next week since mail wasn't delivered today due to the new year and tomorrow is Sunday. I did get another automated duo prompt to sign up for that. Also interviewed but no decision yet. I will say though on my interview day they did say to start sending Fafsa stuff and that was in October (aka far before anyone was accepted), so I wouldn't read much into this stuff yet. Best to just wait for the next wave for an actual decision hopefully.
The letter explicitly says its not an offer an admission and I just thought it was odd to start applying for aid and scholarships when we don’t even know if we’ll be accepted yet + the letter says theres a deadline/urges us to apply ASAP

Members don't see this ad :)
The letter explicitly says its not an offer an admission and I just thought it was odd to start applying for aid and scholarships when we don’t even know if we’ll be accepted yet + the letter says theres a deadline/urges us to apply ASAP
They are a public school so I'd guess maybe it's simply because limited aid and wanting to see how many applicants might require it.

Anyone else get a “UCSF COVID-19 Positive Case Notification” by email from UCSF Alerts? Interviewed early December and have not received admission

Anyone else get a “UCSF COVID-19 Positive Case Notification” by email from UCSF Alerts? Interviewed early December and have not received admission
Anyone else get a “UCSF COVID-19 Positive Case Notification” by email from UCSF Alerts? Interviewed early December and have not received admissio
Yeah they send it to everyone who interviewed, I believe (according to last year’s thread).

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II, post-secondary Rejection just now. Complete early Oct. Good luck to the rest of y'all!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
They still send me those notifications after quitting my scribe work there for over a year now. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Still silence… secondary complete first week of Sept.

I feel like a lamb up for slaughter. I was complete in early November.

I feel like a lamb up for slaughter. I was complete in early November.
This. They sent me a secondary the first week of December and even though I was complete the next day, it feels like a trap lol

Pre-II rejection just now. Complete early October. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Pre-II R today as well. Complete late July. Knew I didn’t have much chance, but really wanted this one. Good luck to everyone still in the running 🤞🏻

• Care
any MSTP applicants hear back post-secondary? seems pretty quiet in terms of IIs.

hi y’all! is anybody else unable to access the financial aid application on the financial aid portal? the drop down menu on the finaid portal only gives me an option for “Documents & Messages” and “Home” :(

• Care
hi y’all! is anybody else unable to access the financial aid application on the financial aid portal? the drop down menu on the finaid portal only gives me an option for “Documents & Messages” and “Home” :(
yep I've been having the same issue

Pre II R complete mid October. Is okay though! Good luck y’all

• Care
Should we fill out the financial aid information if we haven’t received our admissions decision yet?

pre-II R earlier today. complete October. had my fingers crossed for this one :( good luck to everyone still in the running! fingers now crossed for you!

Anyone know when the next wave of decisions will be released? II in early November for both 4 year and the JMP

My heart stops every time I see a UCSF Alert omg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Very unexpected II for PRIME o_O Complete 12/3. Only date was 2/1

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Also just received PRIME interview! I've been complete since 10/9, so I thought I wasnt getting anything 😭

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Also just received an II for PRIME and JMP!!! Complete late November. Honestly couldn't be more excited!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the pre-II R. Submitted my secondary on 11/30. The excitement was nice while it lasted haha

• Care
@TheKingfish if you don’t mind, could you tell me your range of stats? I am waiting as well with a gpa between 3.85 and 3.95 and was wondering if it was taking longer because my stats aren’t high enough (completed in September/October)

When were you complete?

Also think there are any more IIs left?
Complete 12/3 and honestly have no idea how anything works lol. Can't imagine there were many applications past december so maybe they're finishing up going through secondaries and then have one more wave but who knows