2021-2022 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man somehow it feels like UCR has only sent like 2-3 waves of IIs, they're really taking their sweet time, especially since they wanted the secondary in like 10 days....

right lol. How you gon ask for a 10 day turnaround and take 100 days to get back to me???

The nerve

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
right lol. How you gon ask for a 10 day turnaround and take 100 days to get back to me???

The nerve
Do you think they’re waiting until 11/15 to send another wave of II?

Do you think they’re waiting until 11/15 to send another wave of II?
Perhaps? What's on 11/15? Is that supposed to be when the next wave of As come out?

I didnt get my II's until 3 days after the October 15th wave of As and Rs. So that would make sense

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps? What's on 11/15? Is that supposed to be when the next wave of As come out?

I didnt get my II's until 3 days after the October 15th wave of As and Rs. So that would make sense
that’s when they told us we would first hear back about A’s

that’s when they told us we would first hear back about A’s
then yes, most likely. They may not have finalized how many As they are giving out, so they dont know how many IIs to send out yet.

Hopefully 11/1 they might start sending some IIs cus they’ll likely have an idea by then of what the rest of their cycle is starting to pan out and look like. But that’s just me being optimistic :)

Hopefully 11/1 they might start sending some IIs cus they’ll likely have an idea by then of what the rest of their cycle is starting to pan out and look like. But that’s just me being optimistic :)
Well I hope they start sending more II's soon or I'm going to start suspecting they filled their class from just the first few rounds of interviews!! Give the rest of us applicants a chance, too, man.... Some of us are probably pretty okay?

Reactions: 2 users
Well I hope they start sending more II's soon or I'm going to start suspecting they filled their class from just the first few rounds of interviews!! Give the rest of us applicants a chance, too, man.... Some of us are probably pretty okay?
Last year some people got IIs in November and Acceptances started coming out after December 15th. We have time

Last year some people got IIs in November and Acceptances started coming out after December 15th. We have time
Yeah, I'm mostly joking about their class being filled, but the mind can't help but imagine the worst scenario.

• Haha
Yeah, I'm mostly joking about their class being filled, but the mind can't help but imagine the worst scenario.
yo imagine lmao next week they send a mass email saying theres 1 spot left lmaoooo

• Wow
yo imagine lmao next week they send a mass email saying theres 1 spot left lmaoooo
Don't make me imagine it!!! I'll think it into reality!!!!

but it would be funny if they were like "so we're gonna have the rest of yall fight in a battle royale hunger games style for the last spot, come to UCR, we'll drop you somewhere in the san bernardino mountains, whoever makes it back to UCR alive first gets the spot."

I think I'd have a decent chance, I've got a good sense of direction and I've been in those mountains before. I'm not great at hunting though....

• Haha
Last year was sort of an anomaly for them cus
Don't make me imagine it!!! I'll think it into reality!!!!

but it would be funny if they were like "so we're gonna have the rest of yall fight in a battle royale hunger games style for the last spot, come to UCR, we'll drop you somewhere in the san bernardino mountains, whoever makes it back to UCR alive first gets the spot."

I think I'd have a decent chance, I've got a good sense of direction and I've been in those mountains before. I'm not great at hunting though....
imagine an adcom member shows up to your house with a circle, triangle and square on it….

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone see an update on their portal before getting the email for the II or did you get an email? I dont know if I need to be checking the portal

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone see an update on their portal before getting the email for the II or did you get an email? I dont know if I need to be checking the portal
For all schools email is the standard, in rare cases portal will update first.

Did anyone that interviewed here go to the pre interview thing where you meet with previous med students? If so, what exactly do you guys talk about?

Did anyone that interviewed here go to the pre interview thing where you meet with previous med students? If so, what exactly do you guys talk about?
They discussed basic interview set up, some info about the school, and then people just asked questions about the school, life, etc.

I have a question. I understand that UCR has a strong preference for those with close ties to the IE. I was wondering how they would be able to tell this from my application. There were no questions about this on the secondary app so I am curious how they can tell, unless you explicitly state it in the secondary essays or they look at your address.

I have a question. I understand that UCR has a strong preference for those with close ties to the IE. I was wondering how they would be able to tell this from my application. There were no questions about this on the secondary app so I am curious how they can tell, unless you explicitly state it in the secondary essays or they look at your address.
the primary app asks for your primary residence and city of birth. If neither of those are in the IE then you probably have no ties to it in their eyes, unless you went to school there or its explicitly stated in your personal statement, ECs, or secondary essays or something like that.

5. (Optional) If there is anything you would like the committee to consider about your candidacy that is not explained elsewhere in your application, please use this space to tell us. (250 words)
Here you have a chance to talk about those connections/ties, on the secondary.

For those that went to the pre-interview thing where you meet the other students, what was the dress code? Wondering if I should be wearing a suit to it

For those that went to the pre-interview thing where you meet the other students, what was the dress code? Wondering if I should be wearing a suit to it
Email said business casual so thats what most wore.

II yesterday.

Complete 8/4!

An aside: I almost didn’t read the email because I thought it was a rejection lmao.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
II yesterday.

Complete 8/4!

An aside: I almost didn’t read the email because I thought it was a rejection lmao.
Congrats! What options did you have for your interview dates?

Does anyone who has been accepted or offered an interview mind sharing their stats?

I think A/Rs might start next week or end of this week given they might be busy since they’re doing interviews this week as well???

i havent heard anything about A/R, interviewed on 10/21. they will notify us if we are rejected right? instead of no answer ?

Got the call @ 4PM today 🙏🏽🙏🏽🎉🎉!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Received an acceptance via phone call yesterday ! Interview date was 09/11.

Reactions: 3 users
got my call around 2:30 pm today! she said she would be doing more calls throughout the week. date 9/11 too

• Love
Reactions: 5 users