2021-2022 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"OUR AUTO MESSAGE FOR APPLICATION RECEIVED CONFIRMATION WAS NOT WORKING PROPERLY (AS OF 8/5/2021). YOU MAY BE RECEIVING THIS MESSAGE LATE, BUT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN WITH US SINCE YOUR AMCAS VERIFICATION DATE."

Seems like it was an error?
ok..this is the only school i haven't received a secondary from, I still have some hope.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am a reapp. Submitted june 24th still waiting foe secondary. Got uci already and other UCs but not davis or ucr. Got ucd last year, i thonk they need to go through some by hand as they are a bit pickier

Members don't see this ad :)
I never got a confirmation email that my secondary application was submitted or complete even though my portal shows "complete" since 7/12. Should I be reaching out to the admissions office?

Hi all. My primary application was verified on 5/28, and I have good stats., unfortunately, I haven't received the secondaries yet. My Casper test result is 4th category; however, I haven't sent it to this school. Should I do it now? What might be a problem?. ! Davis is definitely my top choice since I'm interested in primary care. Thank you so much for replying! I hope to get to this school since I have a solid tie for N. Cal.
UC Davis does not take Casper, they take the AAMC SJT

Hi all. My primary application was verified on 5/28, and I have good stats., unfortunately, I haven't received the secondaries yet. My Casper test result is 4th category; however, I haven't sent it to this school. Should I do it now? What might be a problem?. ! Davis is definitely my top choice since I'm interested in primary care. Thank you so much for replying! I hope to get to this school since I have a solid tie for N. Cal.
My friend is high stats and IS but he didn't get a secondary until he took his SJT. That might be what's holding you back

UC Davis does not take Casper, they take the AAMC SJT
Lol dang i thought they took casper too. I got 75-100 casper but 3 on the sjt T.T. i hate these weird tests.

No secondary yet, verified 6/28, geez they sure are taking their time.

My friend is high stats and IS but he didn't get a secondary until he took his SJT. That might be what's holding you back
I received the secondary, and I won't be taking the SJT.

Hey everyone, I received a secondary on 7/6 and completed it on 7/14. However, my application is still incomplete because they have not yet received my letters of reference from AMCAS and the 30 day deadline has passed. Does this mean my application is disqualified and won't move further? I'm really worried about it now.

On the secondary app is it looked down upon if you select "No" on all of the scholarly pathways and programs you can apply to? If I select No for the majority, then there aren't many other essays on the secondary application itself.

Members don't see this ad :)
On the secondary app is it looked down upon if you select "No" on all of the scholarly pathways and programs you can apply to? If I select No for the majority, then there aren't many other essays on the secondary application itself.
The majority (ie. 60%+) of students at Davis are not in one of those programs. If none of them interest you, do not apply to them.

Hey for the prerequisite section how do I convert my credit hours to course units? My school is on a semester system so if I earned 3 credit hours from Bio 1, how does that convert to "units earned" on the UC Davis Secondary?

Also, for the "Evidence of Accomplishment" on the activities section, do I select "none" or "other" if the evidence is just hours logged on a scheduling sheet created by the supervisor?

Last edited:
Anyone still waiting on a secondary despite being high stats/early? I assume I didn't make it past the holistic screening, though not sure why. Just confused here.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still waiting on a secondary despite being high stats/early? I assume I didn't make it past the holistic screening, though not sure why. Just confused here.
ME, I am a reapp and got an app last year, so not sure what is going on with UCD and UCR. T.T

Does anyone know what the screening criteria are for getting a secondary? I got a secondary but was curious if the screening is just GPA/MCAT or if they do a "holistic" screen.

How much does the SJT matter for this school? I completely bombed it lol

How much does the SJT matter for this school? I completely bombed it lol
Pretty much not at all, they say it can only help during post-interview decisions if you did well, otherwise they'll ignore it. So it has a very minimal effect.

Does anyone know what the screening criteria are for getting a secondary? I got a secondary but was curious if the screening is just GPA/MCAT or if they do a "holistic" screen.
Holistic, stats alone will not get you a secondary.

Last edited:
If I was complete on 7/16 and someone who completed on 7/20 received ll can I assume that my application was reviewed and won’t be invited for ll?

If I was complete on 7/16 and someone who completed on 7/20 received ll can I assume that my application was reviewed and won’t be invited for ll?

Nope. Apps are ranked differently and people get interviews in a seemingly sporadic manner because of it.

Primary verified late Friday 8/20. Secondary received around 1pm today 8/22. OOS, low MCAT, high GPA

yall, my mcat was a 500..... so if I got a secondary your mcat is higher, do not worry

yall, my mcat was a 500..... so if I got a secondary your mcat is higher, do not worry
Just wanted to send a reminder that Davis does not really care too much about stats. This is supported by @cocolover receiving a secondary, though their advice should be that good experiences can get you a secondary, not that a higher MCAT can.

Davis does want to see good academic performance but they also really value experiences and background. As a UC they could easily increase their average MCAT of admitted students by 3+ points, but they do not because they look for perfect fits for the school's mission and this can outweigh the importance of stats.

For Davis, high stats =/= secondary (but don't get me wrong, there are people with 515+ here).

y'all I'm struggling with these "meaningful experiences" secondary questions. can anyone give some advice on how you tackled creating a narrative in 500 characters? i honestly have no idea how to make these sound interesting in such a short amount of space

Just wanted to send a reminder that Davis does not really care too much about stats. This is supported by @cocolover receiving a secondary, though their advice should be that good experiences can get you a secondary, not that a higher MCAT can.

Davis does want to see good academic performance but they also really value experiences and background. As a UC they could easily increase their average MCAT of admitted students by 3+ points, but they do not because they look for perfect fits for the school's mission and this can outweigh the importance of stats.

For Davis, high stats =/= secondary (but don't get me wrong, there are people with 515+ here).
This is 100% true for most to all UC’s

y'all I'm struggling with these "meaningful experiences" secondary questions. can anyone give some advice on how you tackled creating a narrative in 500 characters? i honestly have no idea how to make these sound interesting in such a short amount of space
I wrote out my narrative in one sentence and for the remaining characters I reflected on the experience and how this experience will support me as a future student doctor and how UCD’s programs will further support me

II received! complete 7/16, IS LM 83

• Love
II earlier! :") IS applicant and live near there so I'm super excited

• Love
Does anyone suggest reaching out to the school if I haven't received a secondary yet? I'm an IS reapplicant, and received the secondary my previous application cycle.

I am a late applicant and OOS. Verified 08/12. & I feel like I have no chance in getting into UC Davis bc I’m so late to the game. 😞

Howdy! 2 questions:

1. Does UC Davis consider the Bay Area as "NorCal" or are they specifically referring to Sacramento and the area north of the capital?
2. I got the secondary just a few days ago (IS), am I too late?