2021-2022 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone who received an acceptance via phone call also receive a formal email acceptance as well, with all the details?
I received the email last Wednesday. I ended up calling and she sent the email while I was on the phone with her. They were having technical issues earlier last week.

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite earlier today!! Did anyone who received an interview today find any interview dates available in October? the earliest i saw was November

Reactions: 1 users
I received the email last Wednesday. I ended up calling and she sent the email while I was on the phone with her. They were having technical issues earlier last week.
Ahh thank you so much! I just called and received my email too :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite earlier today!! Did anyone who received an interview today find any interview dates available in October? the earliest i saw was November

Congratulations!! Can I ask when you were complete? Are you IS?

Did any of you guys complete the preinterview orientation?

My interview is right around the corner and I have yet to hear anything about the preinterview orientation.

Thanks in advance!!

Is there a portal or anything to view the status of the application? I applied pretty late (2 weeks ago) and have not gotten even a confirmation email or anything. Am I SOL or just chill and wait it out?

Last edited:
Is there a portal or anything to view the status of the application? I applied pretty late (2 weeks ago) and have not gotten even a confirmation email or anything. Am I SOL or just chill and wait it out?

You might want to contact them or make sure your AACOMAS application is verified. I also submitted my AACOMAS to them around 2.5 weeks ago and received the secondary invite on 09/30.

OOS, 504 MCAT, 3.44 sGPA for reference.

Did any of you guys complete the preinterview orientation?

My interview is right around the corner and I have yet to hear anything about the preinterview orientation.

Thanks in advance!!
They will email you a link to the pre-interview orientation. For me it was a week after my interview on a Monday

Last edited:
anyone else been complete since early August and not heard anything :(

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call, A! They told me at my interview (10/5) that they would make their decision today, so heads up

Reactions: 6 users
Got a phone call at around 4 pm of my FIRST A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg I AM ON THE MOON
First Interview of the cycle, first A! But I am EDP haha.

I know you want the stats so here you go:
ORM. Applying OOS but with connections (famillies + experiences). Reapplicant this cycle.
504 but a retake from 497 (yes I am a living proof that Rowan is holistic!!!). AACOMAS c3.8X s3.5X.
Primary submitted around mid-late June.
Secondary file completed 08/18 (Early Decision). (note this is when I receive the email saying my file is complete so I submitted my sec earlier then the date.)
II 9/7.
Interviewed 9/18; Interview Orientation 9/20

PM me if you want to see my major, experiences, interview experience, or anything you would like to know!!! Thank you all for the long journey! There is hope!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
A earlier today, first A of the cycle!! I interviewed 10/9 surprisingly quick turn around. 508 URM OOS

Reactions: 8 users
Hello!

I am a first year here. I went to undergrad in Jersey and I have lived here a long time lol. lmk if you have questions! I might not answer too quickly since we are in our biomed block.

I personally like the school a lot and the culture is what made this my first choice. Very collaborative environment. The Dean is super approachable and so is the rest of the staff and faculty. If you are not from the area just know that my class has a ton of OOS student doctors and they seem to like the area a lot.

Good luck to you all and here's to us all being great physicians!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else who interviewed on 10/1 still waiting on a response? Also, congrats to everyone who was accepted! Did it populate in your portal?

Anyone else who interviewed on 10/1 still waiting on a response? Also, congrats to everyone who was accepted! Did it populate in your portal?
Interviewed 10/7, regular decision. Still nothing back.

Interviewed 9/23 and still waiting to hear anything. I’m guessing this means R?

Edit: Update! Got the Acceptance email at 11:17. I guess not everyone gets a phone call.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Hello!

I am a first year here. I went to undergrad in Jersey and I have lived here a long time lol. lmk if you have questions! I might not answer too quickly since we are in our biomed block.

I personally like the school a lot and the culture is what made this my first choice. Very collaborative environment. The Dean is super approachable and so is the rest of the staff and faculty. If you are not from the area just know that my class has a ton of OOS student doctors and they seem to like the area a lot.

Good luck to you all and here's to us all being great physicians!
Thank you for being an amazing resource! Any insight on PBL vs SGL?

Does anyone know if they send acceptance letters/papers in the mail in addition to email?

Does anyone know if they send acceptance letters/papers in the mail in addition to email?
My bf got a mailed acceptance packet in fall 2019 when he applied, but I’m not sure if that has changed due to COVID times.

I know that they'll be sending you packets of info in the mail btwn now & june for more info to fill out. Make sure your address is up to date when you send in your deposit info.

First Acceptance! Secondary sent 8/14. Interviewed 10/5 got the call 10/15!

Reactions: 7 users
do they send out pre-interview rejections (after submission of secondaries)?

Can someone please explain what the synergistic vs PBL is? I still don’t understand all of it from the website . For PBL, do you still get lecture material? Work PBL do you get lectures at all?

Can someone please explain what the synergistic vs PBL is? I still don’t understand all of it from the website . For PBL, do you still get lecture material? Work PBL do you get lectures at all?
First year RowanSOM student here. SGL is the "traditional" curriculum, structured lecture and what not. PBL doesn't have structured lecture, they meet in small groups every week and go through cases together. They utilize mainly board preparation resources. They also cover material in a completely different order from what we're doing at any time. They may as well be their own cohort since we have little interaction with them as far school goes in our pre-clinical years. You should be able to email Admissions and request to shadow a class session though so you can get a better feel for how they learn

Reactions: 2 users
Any movement on decisions?
I received an acceptance call Monday, EDP. I talked with the admissions office on Friday and they said there was a glitch for many files where after they interviewed the files never moved forward to be decided on by the admissions committee which caused some delays.

Reactions: 4 users
I received an acceptance call Monday, EDP. I talked with the admissions office on Friday and they said there was a glitch for many files where after they interviewed the files never moved forward to be decided on by the admissions committee which caused some delays.
When was your interview? And what did you ask them about when you called Friday ?

When was your interview? And what did you ask them about when you called Friday ?
My interview was 9/25. I called them on Friday because I was part of the early decision program which meant I should receive a yes/no by 10/21 and didn't. When I called to see if I just missed the notification they said that my file along with others had some kind of glitch where after we interviewed our file did not get the checkmark to move on to the next part of the process so we got delayed. They just told me they were working on fixing it, there was nothing on my end I could do, and to wait for an update.

Just got an interview invite today! 508 mcat 3.8 sGPA. Secondary sent 8/6

Last edited:
Hey guys, initially in my application I did not indicate that I was "highly interested" in the PBL program, but I recently was able to speak with a Rowan PBL student and get a better idea of what it is and am now interested. However, that part of application is closed and not editable. Do you think if I get accepted it will still be an option? Is it worth emailing the admissions and asking if it could be reopened?

Hey guys, initially in my application I did not indicate that I was "highly interested" in the PBL program, but I recently was able to speak with a Rowan PBL student and get a better idea of what it is and am now interested. However, that part of application is closed and not editable. Do you think if I get accepted it will still be an option? Is it worth emailing the admissions and asking if it could be reopened?

Yeah you'll have plenty of opportunity to get into it. We had people during orientation who were switching between SGL/PBL. Just email admissions and let them know you're interested.

Anyone who interviewed 10/1 and haven't heard back?

Anyone freak out about the email regarding the new Rowan campus?

Reactions: 14 users