2021-2022 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Another school told me "yes" in such case, as if AACOMAS got the OFFICIAL score it should be transmitted along the application. Alternatively you can resubmit the app as update in AACOMAS - that way it forces schools' systems to update.
I just called them about my application, they said it's a systen error and they're looking into it, but if you received a "complete" email then that means they got everything and the portal just won't update for some reason.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
They indeed do have some issue with that system. My app was sitting like this for some time, despite everything being submitted through AACOMAS:

1628270205324.png

I emailed them and got a response in literally 5 minutes saying they did receive everything. Shortly after I've got and automatic completion e-mail from their system. The person also confirmed they did receive MCAT scores despite the system showing that weird combo of "no MCAT - app complete":
1628270339195.png

They indeed do have some issue with that system. My app was sitting like this for some time, despite everything being submitted through AACOMAS:

View attachment 341704

I emailed them and got a response in literally 5 minutes saying they did receive everything. Shortly after I've got and automatic completion e-mail from their system. The person also confirmed they did receive MCAT scores despite the system showing that weird combo of "no MCAT - app complete":
View attachment 341708
Like collecting Pokemon cards at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So for speciality question, just list what we are interested in and leave it at that?

You can
So for speciality question, just list what we are interested in and leave it at that?

add a sentence or two why but this isn't the place for an elaborated explanation - this should be seen in other essays.

Reactions: 1 users
You can

add a sentence or two why but this isn't the place for an elaborated explanation - this should be seen in other essays.
I honestly just listed a few specialties and did not elaborate because it did not ask me to and i have anxiety BAHA

OOS. Secondary also received 7/30 with an email update to some of the questions 8/2.

I honestly just listed a few specialties and did not elaborate because it did not ask me to and i have anxiety BAHA
I did the same
Guys, this is fine ;) They simply wanted to know the specialties you're considering and probably couldn't easily add a mega-dropdown will all of them (as from what I was told modifying anything in those is a PITA for schools).

I literally put like 2 sentences there but it was along the lines of "I'm keeping my options open. I'm considering X, Y, Z because of my experiences in ABC".

Guys, this is fine ;) They simply wanted to know the specialties you're considering and probably couldn't easily add a mega-dropdown will all of them (as from what I was told modifying anything in those is a PITA for schools).

I literally put like 2 sentences there but it was along the lines of "I'm keeping my options open. I'm considering X, Y, Z because of my experiences in ABC".
Listen to the Wizard. He knows all.

• Haha
Got the email that my app is compete and ready for review but when I went to the status checklist my MCAT score says 'not received'. Is this something to call in about or does it just take time?

Got the email that my app is compete and ready for review but when I went to the status checklist my MCAT score says 'not received'. Is this something to call in about or does it just take time?
That's super! When did you submit the secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Scroll up a couple of posts - if the app says complete it is complete with the MCAT score but the system improperly displays as not received.

How long did it take for your apps to be marked complete? I submitted on Saturday and received the application submitted email shortly afterward, but no completion email.

Should I be worried about that?

How long did it take for your apps to be marked complete? I submitted on Saturday and received the application submitted email shortly afterward, but no completion email.

Should I be worried about that?
Mine took 7.5 days so I wouldn't worry - someone has to manually go over all materials.

does anybody know if HCOP National Ambassadors and HCOP CREATE are only for DO/PhD applicants or for all?

I know the 3rd essay is “optional” but should I write something? I don’t particularly want to share my difficult experiences with an Adcom. What did the rest/any of you lovely people do? 😁

I know the 3rd essay is “optional” but should I write something? I don’t particularly want to share my difficult experiences with an Adcom. What did the rest/any of you lovely people do? 😁
I had a pretty bad semester where I failed a class so I discussed why and what I learned. Don't write anything if you don't have a reason to!

Got an email about CME courses. Thought it was an II 🙃

Reactions: 14 users
Does anyone know when IIs are typically sent out?

II today! Primary submitted 07/06, secondary received 07/26, secondary submitted 08/12 :)

Reactions: 5 users
II today as well! Application complete 8/4. OOS

Last edited:
  • Love
II today!!!!!! super excited. Secondary completion email received 8/18. Early Decision. OOS with ties.

Excited to report II today! I was complete 8/4. OOS w/ ties.

Last edited:
Bro who else got the “rowan invites u” email and freaked out only to realize it isnt an II

Reactions: 26 users
Bro who else got the “rowan invites u” email and freaked out only to realize it isnt an II
The way my heart stopped lol they did not have to do us like that

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users