2021-2022 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Joplin) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted at Joplin!!! OWOW first ever in 3 cycles and I thought I BOMBED this interview! Never lose hope anyone! Interviewed 9/22

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Yay! Are you guys getting emails or portal update? Anyone that interviewed 9/29 hear back?

Waitlisted, interviewed 9/22. Little disappointed, but it’s okay. Hoping for movement!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted at Joplin!!! OWOW first ever in 3 cycles and I thought I BOMBED this interview! Never lose hope anyone! Interviewed 9/22
+2!! Accepted to Joplin! Never thought I'd get an A with my stats, I second the advice to never lose hope! Interviewed 9/15

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed on 9/22 and got accepted to KC campus earlier today! Super pumped! Hopeful wishes to you all waiting to hear back.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Do you mind sharing your stats please
Not at all. I certainly had a rough start to college many years ago and wound up with a 3.2x cgpa and 3.4x sgpa with a 504 mcat. Thankfully my gpa had an upward trend and I had great experiences.

do DO cycles run differently than MD cycles? I heard that its still early to submit apps for DO schools but late for MD

Got accepted to KCU Joplin Campus as well!! second acceptance of the cycle woo. any current students can speak about the pros/cons, likes/dislike of the Joplin campus?

Got accepted to KCU Joplin Campus as well!! second acceptance of the cycle woo. any current students can speak about the pros/cons, likes/dislike of the Joplin campus?
Congrats! do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any non-Canadian international applicants received an Acceptance so far? Please I have some questions.........

What does it mean to be on the qualified list at this school? lol

Any chance at all???

THANK U in advance :)

II received on 10/21. However, the dates available to interview were in January 2022. I wonder why the school is giving interview dates almost three months out from invite. I interviewed here last year as well but applied very late so I was waitlisted and eventually rejected. Hoping for a better outcome this time around. Really enjoyed the interview process last year.

II received on 10/21. However, the dates available to interview were in January 2022. I wonder why the school is giving interview dates almost three months out from invite. I interviewed here last year as well but applied very late so I was waitlisted and eventually rejected. Hoping for a better outcome this time around. Really enjoyed the interview process last year.
I’m in the same boat. Got the invite yesterday and earliest was January but i applied super late and was complete early this month but there’s got to be some way to get an earlier invite if someone drops

Does anyone know how they select which campus to put you in if you selected “no preference” on the secondary?

What does it mean to be on the qualified list at this school? lol

Any chance at all???

THANK U in advance :)
I think it means you and I both got rejected. Got the same e-mail.

• Care
DAMN
that hurted...

someone cries GIF

Is it the qualified status but your first review didn’t result in an interview? If so you’re not rejected yet! It just means you’re basically on a pre II waitlist, they may still offer you an II. I got that last year in like October but got an II in December and then got in! Don’t lose hope yet :)

• Love
any canadians hear back for a II? I just got the interview hold email!

Is it the qualified status but your first review didn’t result in an interview? If so you’re not rejected yet! It just means you’re basically on a pre II waitlist, they may still offer you an II. I got that last year in like October but got an II in December and then got in! Don’t lose hope yet :)
yes, it was. love you. thank you <3 so far 2 II waitlists LOL.

Hi Everyone! Im a 2nd year medical student. If you have any questions about KCU, please feel free to ask away!

Is the interview closed or open file? One on one or group? MMI or regular?

Hi Everyone! Im a 2nd year medical student. If you have any questions about KCU, please feel free to ask away!
Where do people in Joplin typically live? Does everyone typically have cars??
It’s a small city, right?

I interview tmrw and don’t have zoom link anybody know when it comes out

Ive noticed a trend where people usually get their result after their interview in around one month. Anyone that interviewed on 10/8 heard back yet?

Where do people in Joplin typically live? Does everyone typically have cars??
It’s a small city, right?
Current first year at joplin. Almost everyone has a car here because there is an obvious lack of public transit. It's in your best interest to have a car. Students live all over the city in apartment complexes or houses even going to webb city ( like a 20 min drive). Classes are optional so you would only need to come in for lab. Popular options are houses on pitcher ave, rustic ridge apartments, copper point, and a few others I cant remember.

anybody get in below 500 mcat
Don't have a stat for you, but know that if they got in with less than a 500 the other areas of their app must've stood out.

Current first year at joplin. Almost everyone has a car here because there is an obvious lack of public transit. It's in your best interest to have a car. Students live all over the city in apartment complexes or houses even going to webb city ( like a 20 min drive). Classes are optional so you would only need to come in for lab. Popular options are houses on pitcher ave, rustic ridge apartments, copper point, and a few others I cant remember.
Oh so even living near the school, can’t get away with not getting a car? Thanks for your response

Oh so even living near the school, can’t get away with not getting a car? Thanks for your response
You can get away with it, but even the closest houses are about a 10 min walk and it just makes life kinda harder. Like imagine it’s pouring rain and you have to get to lab at 8 am. If you can get a car get one, if not make friends who have a car and ask if they will drive you. ( treat them for thier good deed)

Post II R today... not sure what went wrong :( really thought i had a chance

• Care
Withdrew my acceptance. Go kill those interviews!!

Don't have a stat for you, but know that if they got in with less than a 500 the other areas of their app must've stood out.
I remember they mentioned that they look at any applicant with a 497 and above with a good gpa! So that helped!
Can confirm I got in with a sub 500 last year! Feel free to pm with questions