2021-2022 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Joplin) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
How do we go about sending thank you letters after interviews? Did you all attach document files or just a general thank you email to the admissions email address?

Has anyone gotten accepted without sending thank you letters?

Thanks!

Last edited:
How do we go about sending thank you letters after interviews? Did you all attach document files or just a general thank you email to the admissions email address?

Has anyone gotten accepted without sending thank you letters?

Thanks!
I attached document files (in PDF) for each of my interviewers to a single e-mail. I then sent them to the admissions at kansascity edu email.

Reactions: 1 users
Here is a group me I found for accepted students. You're invited to my new group 'KCU-COM Joplin' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Where do people live here
There are apartments like Rustic Ridge or the Plaza people stay at. A lot of people get roommates and then live in a house too, that’s what I am doing and it saves me a lot of money.

Reactions: 1 user
Guys how do I pay the acceptance fee? I went on the payment link, put in my student ID and bday and it said it doesn’t match?

Just curious when you do get a decision, what does it look like in Workday? Is there a link or something on the home page or is there a link when you click on the osteopathic medicine link under Admissions? Or does it just pop up on the home page when you log in? Trying to mentally prepare when my interview decision comes out lol.

Last edited:
Just curious when you do get a decision, what does it look like in Workday? Is there a link or something on the home page or is there a link when you click on the osteopathic medicine link under Admissions? Or does it just pop up on the home page when you log in? Trying to mental prepare when my interview decision comes out lol.

You gotta click all the way through to the screen where it shows what date you applied and stuff. It will say accepted and you’ll be able to access the link to pay the deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
You gotta click all the way through to the screen where it shows what date you applied and stuff. It will say accepted and you’ll be able to access the link to pay the deposit.
Oh ok great! Thank you!

Also
^^^^wondering the same thing

I know they have a Facebook group for the Joplin campus, but my request to join is still pending 🙄 (I sent in the first deposit a week or two ago)
Also if you scroll up there’s a groupme with like 2 other people in it. Might as well join it

For anyone still applying or waiting to be accepted, do not give up! All it takes is one acceptance!! You’re more than your mcat score or GPA! I got in with a 495! I wish you all the best

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
For anyone still applying or waiting to be accepted, do not give up! All it takes is one acceptance!! You’re more than your mcat score or GPA! I got in with a 495! I wish you all the best
This is amazing! Congratulations!! What campus??

Does anyone know if KCU would accept a March MCAT score for this current cycle?

Are you URM

• Dislike
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Are you URM
I am not trying to start anything on here, but I don't think that is an appropriate question to ask...an A is an A no matter what. This person could have had a strong personal statement, extracurriculars, and/or a stellar GPA. So let's not jump to conclusions please and thank you. If you really wanted to know it would have been more appropriate to message them privately.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Are you URM
I also think it’s not appropriate of you to be assuming that only URM can receive an A with low stats. These are the type of health care race disparities and assumptions that I’m striving to do my part decrease. But to answer your question, I am not URM. There is a YouTube whose name is Michael Mazur “he’s NOT URM as well” whose a 2nd year right, he talks about how he scored a 494 on his MCAT and had a GPA of 3.6 I think, he inspired me to go ahead and apply. I also had an extensive list of extracurricular activities such as global health mission trips among others that I think helped. And my GPA was 3.8.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
I also think it’s not appropriate of you to be assuming that only URM can receive an A with low stats. These are the type of health care race disparities and assumptions that I’m striving to do my part decrease. But to answer your question, I am not URM. There is a YouTube whose name is Michael Mazur “he’s NOT URM as well” whose a 2nd year right, he talks about how he scored a 494 on his MCAT and had a GPA of 3.6 I think, he inspired me to go ahead and apply. I also had an extensive list of extracurricular activities such as global health mission trips among others that I think helped. And my GPA was 3.8.
I’m sorry that you were even asked that. It’s sad to know people still ask this stuff and are becoming doctors yikes. You deserve your spot there and be proud of your accomplishments!

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed 12/3, and decision is out. WL... Good luck to the rest of you!!

Just got accepted!! Interviewed 12/1, so excited!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Could I ask you straight up when you were put on the waitlist last year and when they pulled you off of it? Asking for a friend :)
The exact date that I got waitlisted was Oct. 20th. Wasn’t pulled off til June 14th.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Current First year at Kansas City Campus. Feel free to reach out with any questions!

Hey Everyone!

I maybe attending KCU Joplin this year. I have been weighing my options and in that process I have been looking at apartments and places to live. I did not see many apartments online, which has me a bit concerned, especially since I will be coming from the Northeast. Can anyone recommend some places to live near the school?

Thanks!

Hey Everyone!

I maybe attending KCU Joplin this year. I have been weighing my options and in that process I have been looking at apartments and places to live. I did not see many apartments online, which has me a bit concerned, especially since I will be coming from the Northeast. Can anyone recommend some places to live near the school?

Thanks!
Join the groupme! But people have said they get houses and it’s fairly cheap like $500.

Hey Everyone!

Thanks!
Most people I know live at the plaza or rustic ridge. There aren’t really apartments super close to campus to my knowledge, but there are apartments within 10 minute drive. If you get a house with people, then you have the chance of living close to campus since KCU is surrounded by neighborhoods.

Hey Everyone!

Thanks!
Apartment options I know people to live in are Plaza, Villas, Copper Point, Rustic Ridge, Terrace Green, Campbell Reserve. Many rent houses as well, as it is just as affordable. Really everything is close. I live in an apartment that is about 10-15 min away depending on traffic. There are more new complexes that have popped up as well recently.

I'm a current fourth year and have been in my place for all 4 years. There are some good places, housing options all around really.

Reactions: 2 users