2021-2022 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am pretty sure EVMS said they would email instead of call but idk
Not completely unheard of them to call but I wouldn't expect it to be a blocked number. Look out for a 757 area code. But in the majority of cases, you'll find out via email

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
anybody know when we can expect to hear decisions soon? really thought based on previous years that we would have heard on the 15th since they didn't specify otherwise and that seems to be the precedent

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
anybody know when we can expect to hear decisions soon? really thought based on previous years that we would have heard on the 15th since they didn't specify otherwise and that seems to be the precedent
I don’t know why they are delayed. It doesn’t really make sense. Oh well

Members don't see this ad :)
They aren't mandatory but my policy has been to attend everything a school offers if at all possible. I figure the more they see me, the more familiar I am. It also shows dedication to the school.
I was wondering how you know they arent mandatory? I wasnt able to make the one during the week of my interview (I interviewed on a Friday) and wont be able to make it to the one the week after either due to work, so now Im getting worried about it affecting my chance of acceptance

Anybody heard anything about IIs or acceptances?
I don't think so yet but I am sure people will update this thread ASAP because of the anticipation and wait. Good luck!!! You got this! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Dear EVMS, I interviewed with you but you still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone on the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em... 😞

(Somebody get this reference lol)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Ok I admit I had to look this up but its an Eminem reference lol. Pretty clever if I do say so myself haha

• Care
Reactions: 4 users

This is the SDN version of holding a boombox outside of the admissions office 😞... love me...pick ME..choose ME.

• Haha
  • Love
I was wondering how you know they arent mandatory? I wasnt able to make the one during the week of my interview (I interviewed on a Friday) and wont be able to make it to the one the week after either due to work, so now Im getting worried about it affecting my chance of acceptance
Pick me! I can answer this!

Ok so when I interviewed on 10/6, they had a morning session where they talked about the program. The director of admissions made it a point to emphasize how if people had things (like work), then they should feel free to check out of the morning information sessions. She said this when someone told the chat that they had to leave the session due to work. They are super respectful of people's time and they make it clear - that is something that really made an impact on me (among other things) so I high key hope I get in.

Also, if it means that much to you, there was a gentleman in the sessions who already interviewed a few weeks before, but he couldn't make the info session in the week he was interviewing so he ended up going to another info session. I wonder if you can reach out to someone at admissions if you can join an upcoming Zoom session. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 1 users
At the close of another business day, I’m starting to realize that this “hurry up and wait” game isn’t as fun as advertised

• Sad
  • Care
Anyone that submitted mid September OOS get an II yet or a R?

Members don't see this ad :)
do we think today is the day... or did I just jinx it

• Haha
Anyone that submitted mid September OOS get an II yet or a R?
IS Submitted in early August and still no II or R. There's still time. LM 69. WARS ~91. Much research.

Last edited:
  • Care
RECEIVED MY ACCEPTANCE EMAIL! After going through two whole cycles I'm finally going to medical school :,)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Just got my A!! I’m literally crying I’m so happy

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I got my A about an hour ago! Interviewed 9/17

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
So happy for all of you who got the A! Congratulations!

Congratulations to everyone who got the A! Just out of curiosity, but to those of you who got the A today, when did you interview? TIA :)

WL today. However, not surprising at all since my interviewer and I disagreed about the importance of research lol
Out of curiosity (and you don't have to expand if you don't want to), were you pro research importance (since your username suggests MD/PHD) and they were not very pro-importance?

WL today. Interviewed on 9/15. This school is my top choice so kinda bummed. They say they take 2/3 from the waitlist so that’s hopeful. We will see

WL, interviewed on 9/17. I received the email today 11/1 at 1:26 PM Eastern time.

To all WL folks, call them and find out where you at on the waitlist (Top, middle and bottom tiers). I got waitlisted the last cycle and got accepted a few weeks later.

• Care
WL interviewed on 9/24. So so bummed. I really thought I had a good chance this year

To all WL folks, call them and find out where you at on the waitlist (Top, middle and bottom tiers). I got waitlisted the last cycle and got accepted a few weeks later.
Can I ask you a few things? When did you interview? When were you WL’d and what tier were you? Thank you so much

they said their M1 class is 2/3 from the WL!!! don't be bummed you still have a great chance
Thank you! I’m just mid tier & ORM IS so it feels like a rejection especially cause this is what happened last year.

• Care
interviewed 10/1. got an email this morning from EVMS Admissions...it was a promotion for an open house :(

• Care
Out of curiosity (and you don't have to expand if you don't want to), were you pro research importance (since your username suggests MD/PHD) and they were not very pro-importance?
Also interested in this. I mentioned wanting to be a physician-scientist in my 10-year plan.

OOS II today. Complete Oct 21 due to a missing LOR.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
OOS II today. Complete Oct 21 due to a missing LOR.
What a fantastic turnaround--that is such great news. Good luck with your interview! Thanks for sharing this! Make sure to take care of yourself as well :)

• Care
I heard that the admissions office views SDN panels. Very interesting.

I heard that the admissions office views SDN panels. Very interesting.
Many do. Some even have admissions deans that actively engage in discussion and answer questions on these threads.