2021-2022 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
since the casper isn't required but only encouraged, should I submit it to the school even though I'm 4th quartile? :confused:
Are you thinking 1st quartile? If it's 4th quartile you definitely send lol (90th percentile is higher than 70th percentile, 4th quartile is higher than 2nd quartile) and if you haven't already, then dw about sending it if they only recommend. It genuinely shouldn't hurt you even if you do send it but a lot of places aren't even considering casper this year, they only want it for data

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
oh yeah mb lol i meant 1st quartile

thanks
Oh btw I was reading about their CASPer consideration, their MMI interview format is supposedly similar to the test so even though it's not required, preparing for the test should help you during the interview. That's why they encourage it anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who previously interviewed at CMU talk about their experience? I saw that last year, it was 6 MMI stations. Were there any regular interviews, or is it just purely MMI?
Also to those who got interviews, have you received any updates or correspondence emails about the schedule? My interview tab still just says my confirmed interview date.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone who previously interviewed at CMU talk about their experience? I saw that last year, it was 6 MMI stations. Were there any regular interviews, or is it just purely MMI?
Also to those who got interviews, have you received any updates or correspondence emails about the schedule? My interview tab still just says my confirmed interview date.
Hey I interviewed at CMU recently. They will send you an email a week or less before your interview date with details and information regarding the interview. They sent a whole prepared video for interviewers to watch beforehand and will give you plenty of time to ensure your webcam and mic and everything are working + how to test them out and such before the interview.

I did sign a contract so im not able to reveal much about the interview itself or how many stations and such but i will say it was a great experience. everyone i met was very kind and the interview day is pretty relaxed overall in my belief. If when you say "regular" you mean traditional interview, keep in mind all MMIs can have a mix of traditional interview questions in them so i would just be ready for both in case.

Last edited:
anyone knows when they start sending rejections?

Bruh why you already thinkin bout rejections
Yes I am. I haven’t received a single interview and I’m freaking out. 😞 . Just wanted to make sure this is not a silent rejection

Yes I am. I haven’t received a single interview and I’m freaking out. 😞 . Just wanted to make sure this is not a silent rejection
hang in there homie there's still plenty left

My status has been "your application is ready" for a while now. Does this mean that they haven't reviewed mine yet?

My status has been "your application is ready" for a while now. Does this mean that they haven't reviewed mine yet?
I've already interviewed with them and my status is the same as yours. This portal does not indicate when and/or if you are being reviewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I interviewed at CMU recently. They will send you an email a week or less before your interview date with details and information regarding the interview. They sent a whole prepared video for interviewers to watch beforehand and will give you plenty of time to ensure your webcam and mic and everything are working + how to test them out and such before the interview.

I did sign a contract so im not able to reveal much about the interview itself or how many stations and such but i will say it was a great experience. everyone i met was very kind and the interview day is pretty relaxed overall in my belief. It is an MMI + group interview and i believe they make that info public on their website and they'll tell you in the email you get. If when you say "regular" you mean traditional interview, keep in mind all MMIs can have a mix of traditional interview questions in them so i would just be ready for both in case.
ahh thank you so much!! my interview is the upcoming Friday and still no news from CMU regarding the interview info. Maybe it'll come by Monday?

• Care
ahh thank you so much!! my interview is the upcoming Friday and still no news from CMU regarding the interview info. Maybe it'll come by Monday?
Something like that. I forgot exactly when I got it. Just look up MMI preparation guides here on SDN/Reddit and that’s more than enough! Or some youtube mmi scenarios. Good luck!!

Something like that. I forgot exactly when I got it. Just look up MMI preparation guides here on SDN/Reddit and that’s more than enough! Or some youtube mmi scenarios. Good luck!!
Thanks! :) Also, in these MMI stations, do we have to present a 7 minute speech? Or are there followup questions or feedback throughout these stations?

Thanks! :) Also, in these MMI stations, do we have to present a 7 minute speech? Or are there followup questions or feedback throughout these stations?
Read MMI Winning strategies from admissions faculty by dr samir p desai

Are these interviews really only 2 hours?? I’ve been exhausted by other long interview days so far so this seems too good to be true 😅

Are these interviews really only 2 hours?? I’ve been exhausted by other long interview days so far so this seems too good to be true 😅
yup! ive had a couple of interviews this year and last year, and CMU's interview was by far the most enjoyable :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Y'all I just got an interview! I never thought id get any MD interviews let alone one from here! Low stats (3.3 505) ORM girl from rural town in TX! I wanna give y'all hope if you have low stats or no ties to Michigan like me!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Y'all I just got an interview! I never thought id get any MD interviews let alone one from here! Low stats (3.3 505) ORM girl from rural town in TX! I wanna give y'all hope if you have low stats or no ties to Michigan like me!
Congratulations. When were you complete if you don’t mind?

Congrats!!! GOOD LUCK!!

• Love
To anyone who has interviewed recently …

I was in the first group and they were quite vague about when we’d hear back and alluded to mid/late Oct, but didn’t specifically say Oct. 15. In recent interviews, have they been more specific on when we’d hear a decision? TIA

I was in the first group and they were quite vague about when we’d hear back and alluded to mid/late Oct, but didn’t specifically say Oct. 15. In recent interviews, have they been more specific on when we’d hear a decision? TIA
Wondering the same, I don’t have any idea about timeline here

historically they've released acceptances on oct 15

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Would it be a good idea to email the school and inquire about the status of my app if I haven't heard back from them >6 weeks? I'm talking about since submitting my secondaries.. thanks!

II just now!
3.35 cGPA (4.0 post-bacc/graduate on 53 credits BCPM) / 510 MCAT / ORM
Complete on 8/5

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got an interview as well. I'm a reapplicant and interviewed with CMU in 2019 when they were still in person. It was a combination of MMI, small and large group activities. I've experienced other virtual MMIs so far this cycle, but I'm wondering what the group activities will be like online.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II received! I was in the lab so I didn't see it until now. I'm OOS but I have pretty strong ties to Michigan and I'm ORM LM: 69.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just had a mini heart attack getting that road to matriculation email I thought it was IT… even tho it’s not 10/15 😅

II 10/13, LM 60, ORM, OOS with no ties

Edit: Does anyone know the chances for OOS acceptance after receiving an interview? OHSU (Oregon) also prefers in-state applicants, but everyone has an equal chance of getting in if they receive an interview regardless of residency. I was wondering if this was also this was also the case at CMU.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
II 10/13, LM 60, ORM, OOS with no ties

Edit: Does anyone know the chances for OOS acceptance after receiving an interview? OHSU (Oregon) also prefers in-state applicants, but everyone has an equal chance of getting in if they receive an interview regardless of residency. I was wondering if this was also this was also the case at CMU.
Do you mind sharing when you were complete

Y'all got results already? I didn't get anything :cryi:
Did anyone else interview 10/1, maybe it's too early to hear back

Accepted! OOS interviewed Aug 20. Notified via email just before 7a CDT.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone heard anything back that interviewed mid September?

Got the A on 10/15! Stoked! Any accepted students wanna start a gc or anything?

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Any insight on the group activity? Or advice? Not sure what to expect.