2020-2021 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Definitely, they are ok w/ update letters, additional LORs, and any other updates.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone.., what are some of the difficult questions asked during the interview day?

II today! Submitted secondary late November

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone.., what are some of the difficult questions asked during the interview day?
All my question were pretty typical questions. (Why DO, where do you see yourself practicing, what would you do if you were struggling in school) My hardest was they asked me about a conduct violation I had in undergrad, but I figured they would ask something about it.

i was done back in September and still have no response.

I think my app is dead. I live on the West Coast.
Same. I'm in Washington state and have heard nothing from WVSOM since I submitted my secondary in September.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
A this morning! Interviewed 2/1. Am I understanding this email correctly?? We have 2 weeks to make a decision and pay the deposit?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
accepted this morning :) interviewed on the 28th. OOS.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Is this school still sending out II? :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday! OOS, 502 MCAT, sGPA 3.55
Submitted secondary 9/3/20
II received 1/12/21
Virtual interview 1/29/21

• Love
I have a question for current OOS students? Does anyone know if we can apply for residency/ in-state tuition after 1 year living in WV or are you considered OOS for all 4 years?

I have a question for current OOS students? Does anyone know if we can apply for residency/ in-state tuition after 1 year living in WV or are you considered OOS for all 4 years?
From my research it seems like OOS for 4 years. Almost impossible to get around it.

Your tuition for all four years is based off of your residency status at matriculation. Unless you've been a WV resident for at least one year prior, then you're stuck with oos tuition all four years unfortunately.

• Sad
should I call? My secondary was done on 11/30, but still not marked complete

They give out complete emails?
in the check lists tab, there should be LORS attached, but I'm not sure if they send out complete emails.

1612905678771.png

notice, mine is not complete, you should also have ur LORs listed here.

in the check lists tab, there should be LORS attached, but I'm not sure if they send out complete emails.

View attachment 329607

notice, mine is not complete, you should also have ur LORs listed here.
They told me they only upload everything only if you receive an interview. I emailed them and they told me I’m complete and under review and my portal looks like yours

They told me they only upload everything only if you receive an interview. I emailed them and they told me I’m complete and under review and my portal looks like yours
Ahhhhhhh thanks for clarifying. Sorry for giving wrong news but that’s what someone told me. So, are they just behind?

Really? All my items are uploaded, but I never received an II

Really? All my items are uploaded, but I never received an II
I agree I noticed all of my files being uploaded pre-II. May be a glitch in their system, so I would assume if your files are updated they’ve looked at ur app and probably will send u an II

I agree I noticed all of my files being uploaded pre-II. May be a glitch in their system, so I would assume if your files are updated they’ve looked at ur app and probably will send u an II
Do you know the length in between? My items uploaded on October 1st

I heard back II in January and had submitted secondary in November. Got the A a week later
Wait I’m confused maybe they haven’t gotten to my app yet? Idk but I emailed them and they told me they received everything...... but my portal doesn’t have everything uploaded besides secondary...

I just received a hold for my application, it says Decision deferred. I haven’t given an interview yet so, should I accept that as a rejection?

I just received a hold for my application, it says Decision deferred. I haven’t given an interview yet so, should I accept that as a rejection?
1. When were you complete/submitted?

this is from their website:
The "decision deferred" status indicates a hold status. The Admissions Committee will periodically revisit files which were initially deferred. For example, your application may be placed on hold because we are awaiting official MCAT scores or fall grades. Your file could also be on hold if the committee is unable to reach a decision at the time of review. Any changes in your status will be communicated by e-mail.

I was completed 08/31. Just got a II but I'm kind of disappointed. All interview slots are scheduled after Feb 24, and email says:

"As of February 10, 2021 all applicants who interview starting February 22, 2021 and are accepted will be placed our our Alternate (wait) List."

Seriously? Interviewing off the bat for a seat on the waitlist?

• Care
I was completed 08/31. Just got a II but I'm kind of disappointed. All interview slots are scheduled after Feb 24, and email says:

"As of February 10, 2021 all applicants who interview starting February 22, 2021 and are accepted will be placed our our Alternate (wait) List."

This is so sad :(

fml.....

What is the post interview acceptance rate? Also, is it true that the class is almost full now and the chances of getting accepted are low?

What is the post interview acceptance rate? Also, is it true that the class is almost full now and the chances of getting accepted are low?
I read in the past that it is pretty high ~70%. I would assume this late in the cycle most spots are waitlist. I would send a letter of intent if u are waitlisted!

Is the standard to hear back post-interview still about 2 weeks at this point in the cycle?

Is the class full? How much waitlist movement typically happens for this school considering the amount of deposit you have to pay for this school?

Accepted this morning!! OOS, ORM, MCAT 507, Undergrad sGPA 3.1, Master's GPA 3.6,

Primary Submitted: 08/13/20
Secondary Received 08/26/20
Secondary Submitted: 09/09/20
II Received: 01/25/21
Virtual Interview: 02/08/21
Acceptance Offer: 02/16/21 (by email)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted this morning!! OOS, ORM, MCAT 507, Undergrad sGPA 3.1, Master's GPA 3.6,

Primary Submitted: 08/13/20
Secondary Received 08/26/20
Secondary Submitted: 09/09/20
II Received: 01/25/21
Virtual Interview: 02/08/21
Acceptance Offer: 02/16/21 (by email)
How was your interview experience, any tips?

Same. I'm in Washington state and have heard nothing from WVSOM since I submitted my secondary in September.
I'm a current student from the west coast. PM me and we can talk about your chances