2020-2021 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current student. Ask me anything

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II for the wait list. Anyone know how much movement they have normally?

Are you able to apply for in state tuition after your first year?
No. You have to live and pay taxes in WV for a year beforehand. Whatever your address is at matriculation, you're basically stuck with.

Are you able to apply for in state tuition after your first year?
No. There is no situation where you are able to apply for in-state tuition if you matriculated as an OOS student.

do you know if WVSOM has interviewed students from their West Liberty Bridge Program?
Yes. The entire purpose of the program is to give students another opportunity at higher education. By going through the program with the intent to move onto medical school, you already have an in with the school and have a better shot.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear back from 2/12 interviews???

Last edited:
I was complete here back in early-August. My application has been labeled as "under review" since then. In mid-January I sent an update letter/letter of interest and the individual helping me included it in my application. I have a very good friend that attends WVSOM and he has nothing but great things to say about it. I fear that the "under review" label is more so a rejection than anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete here back in early-August. My application has been labeled as "under review" since then. In mid-January I sent an update letter/letter of interest and the individual helping me included it in my application. I have a very good friend that attends WVSOM and he has nothing but great things to say about it. I fear that the "under review" label is more so a rejection than anything.
I was complete for a little longer than you and I was just invited to interview yesterday. Mine says “under review” still

complete only 4 weeks ago and got II yesterday for WL...on the other hand no response yet from MSUCOM where complete more than 6 mnths ago and was expecting at least an interview as it is in-state.

withdrew my acceptance here this morning! hope it goes to one of you! good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 3 users
is there any hope for an II this late?
3.2/504

I hope so! I just finished my secondary recently and I have the same stats.

I did get an interview to another program about 3 weeks ago so I think there’s still hope generally.

Reactions: 1 users
I hope so! I just finished my secondary recently and I have the same stats.

I did get an interview to another program about 3 weeks ago so I think there’s still hope generally.
thats great! I got an interview to LU-COM for this week! I am really hoping to hear back from here and other places though. Lets keep our hopes up :)

• Care
JUST GOT AN II!!! I am shaking!! its for waitlist but im so excited :) tips appreciated!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! Would you mind sharing any stats or completed date? Sending good vibes for you!
Thank you! Yes, my stats are sGPA- 3.13, cGPA 3.22 and my MCATs were 495--> 492 --> 504 (Jan 2021 test, yes, I went down on my second attempt haha.) Was complete on 1/28 I think? Lots of scribe, volunteer (rural and underserved areas) and mentoring hours, strong interest in primary care. Currently in a Master's program. I am from Michigan and not URM

I hope you hear back soon, sending you good vibes back :)

Thank you! Yes, my stats are sGPA- 3.13, cGPA 3.22 and my MCATs were 495--> 492 --> 504 (Jan 2021 test, yes, I went down on my second attempt haha.) Was complete on 1/28 I think? Lots of scribe, volunteer (rural and underserved areas) and mentoring hours, strong interest in primary care. Currently in a Master's program. I am from Michigan and not URM

I hope you hear back soon, sending you good vibes back :)

Awesome! Much appreciated. Good luck!!!!

• Care
Got a II for a waitlist position. Is there a lot of WL movement for this school?

Got a II for a waitlist position. Is there a lot of WL movement for this school?
Yes, I have heard from current students as well as admissions there is typically a lot of WL movement :)

Hello everyone! Would anyone be kind enough to tell me if WVSOM will take my AACOMAS fee waiver and waive the secondary/interview fee?

Hello everyone! Would anyone be kind enough to tell me if WVSOM will take my AACOMAS fee waiver and waive the secondary/interview fee?
Not sure, but I do know WVSOM only gives you a fee if you schedule an interview! Recently accepted and the best money I ever spent!

Reactions: 1 users
They don’t unfortunately. I tried to submit my waiver after they extended a II and they said they don’t accept it

Anyone accepted with little to no ties to WV? I applied because I LOVE rural medicine and want to go somewhere it is a strength.
Tips for interviews? PM please

I can’t find my saved secondary responses. Is there a way to review them?

I can’t find my saved secondary responses. Is there a way to review them?

Someone can correct me but I believe the application stated to download them before you finalized submission as you would not be able to retrieve them later :/