2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!! 😭😭

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary on 7/19. My portal says my app is incomplete because it is still in screening. Do you think I should email them at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my secondary on 7/19. My portal says my app is incomplete because it is still in screening. Do you think I should email them at this point?
I'm in the same boat, but idk if they are waiting to get my second MCAT (score should be released around Oct. 12) to mark my file as complete. I mean I have everything in except that MCAT, so idk if this is a factor. I submitted my secondary 8/1.

Email 7/28 that my application has been received and under review for a secondary. Now 9/22 still no secondary should I email admissions, wait, or just take it as a R?

Email 7/28 that my application has been received and under review for a secondary. Now 9/22 still no secondary should I email admissions, wait, or just take it as a R?
Email admissions - they probably forgot.

+1 except submitted 7/16. I emailed admissions a month ago and said they were doing a final screening on my application (which seemed like a generic copy message), but no updates as of yet.

+1 Was also thinking of emailing but I wasn't sure if I should

Thinking about applying here, either during this cycle or next cycle, if my MD cycle falls through. When's the latest I can realistically submit a primary and still be in contention for things like the Dean's/Presidential Scholarship?

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance early this afternoon!! Also interviewed 9/13. I'm over the moon!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats guys!! I was complete 7/15 but still not marked complete. Contacted them a few times but they said to be patient. Anyone else in the same boat?

Congrats guys!! I was complete 7/15 but still not marked complete. Contacted them a few times but they said to be patient. Anyone else in the same boat?
Yup, complete 7/19 and still in screening. I'm considering emailing them one day this week.

Yup, complete 7/19 and still in screening. I'm considering emailing them one day this week.
In the same boat. I did just take the MCAT for the second time mid-September so idk if they are waiting for the results? For all other schools I have been considered "complete" tho, so that's why idk if this matters. I'm going to wait until mid-October since that's when the score is out and then contact *again*!

I hope we get marked as complete soon! Was wondering if it was like a silent R so I’m glad I’m not alone

any II recently? Haven't seen any on here since 9/2...

For anyone else sitting in limbo, I just received the application complete email. My secondary was completed on 7/16 with all LOR's and such in at that time. The 'Application Complete' box was the only unchecked one, until just now. This represents a 60+ day processing time.

Reactions: 3 users
For anyone else sitting in limbo, I just received the application complete email. My secondary was completed on 7/16 with all LOR's and such in at that time. The 'Application Complete' box was the only unchecked one, until just now. This represents a 60+ day processing time.
+1, complete 7/19

Completed secondary on 7/13 and am still undergoing screening process according to the portal. Emailed admissions last week and they said that my app was considered complete and that they were forwarding it to the review committee. Glad they responded with some positive news but I still wanna see my app marked complete just for reassurance lol.

Honestly this crazy long application processing time isn’t giving me a good impression about how the school administration handles things…

Finally marked as complete today! I submitted my secondary on 8/1 for reference.

Anyone who submitted their secondary in July still not complete?

Reactions: 2 users
I had submitted my application in July and got complete email today. Does anyone know how long is the delay between application complete to their R or II?

II yesterday afternoon! Submitted 8/17 and marked as complete on 9/7. LM 74. Would love to hear about how the interview went from anyone who has had the chance to interview here, it seems like a great school!

Reactions: 1 users
II yesterday afternoon! Submitted 8/17 and marked as complete on 9/7. LM 74. Would love to hear about how the interview went from anyone who has had the chance to interview here, it seems like a great school!
Congratulation. Mine was marked about four week after yours, so fingers crossed. When are you interviewing?

I found it a very welcoming experience. It is open file so I worried about questions regarding academics and test scores but I believe that if they invite you for an interview they want you there, as evidenced by the class filling by October last year. Instead they were interested in the journey, why VCOM, why DO, the usual. Reread your app and be prepared to demonstrate why you fit their mission.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted by secondary by the end of June and now it finally states that my application "is at screening" with a green checkmark next to it. For the longest time, there was a red X mark next to area

Idk what this means for my future because I still haven't received a "complete email" like everybody else is saying

Congratulation. Mine was marked about four week after yours, so fingers crossed. When are you interviewing?
I'm interviewing tomorrow. Quite a quick turnaround from when I received the II, but there were no other dates available on the portal. Not sure if that was a glitch or they just haven't been scheduling that far in advance.

I'm interviewing tomorrow. Quite a quick turnaround from when I received the II, but there were no other dates available on the portal. Not sure if that was a glitch or they just haven't been scheduling that far in advance.
I hope interview went well!

Anyone who submitted in like july still not marked as complete? Im not sure if this is something I should be worried about.

I have an interview in about 2 weeks. Any interview tips beyond why VCOM or why DO or doctor?

I have an interview in about 2 weeks. Any interview tips beyond why VCOM or why DO or doctor?
I was asked about something different from my application by every interviewer so be familiar with what you wrote how ever many months ago! (For example one asked about my medical scribing experience and then also about something random I checked in the secondary application regarding being from a underrepresented area)

• Love
Hi all, just wondering if anyone here (students, applicants, accepted, II's) has ever sent an update letter/letter of interest to VCOM? I haven't heard back from them and I've been complete since 9/14 and my R's from everywhere else are piling up. Any advice would be great!

Hi all, just wondering if anyone here (students, applicants, accepted, II's) has ever sent an update letter/letter of interest to VCOM? I haven't heard back from them and I've been complete since 9/14 and my R's from everywhere else are piling up. Any advice would be great!
Yes. I was waitlisted last Nov and sent them update / expressed continued interest in Feb. Acceptance came shortly after. Coincidence?

My app has been complete and at screening since the end of July and still nothing lmaoo :'(

Hi everyone! I emailed admissions last week about my application status and they replied today saying that it is "in review" but that there is no way of knowing if it has been reviewed or is in line to be reviewed. They did tell me the campus I was assigned to for review, so if that's something you want to know, send them an email. For reference, I submitted on 8/1 and was marked complete on 10/4.

Yes. I was waitlisted last Nov and sent them update / expressed continued interest in Feb. Acceptance came shortly after. Coincidence?
Congrats! And yea idk about coincidence lol was it radio silence until that point tho?