2020-2021 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week! Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate for this school?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week! Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate for this school?
Its pretty high but changes every year due to competitive nature of application.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, congrats to those that interviewed this week already! Does anyone mind sharing their experience/format of the day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, congrats to those that interviewed this week already! Does anyone mind sharing their experience/format of the day?
Mine lasted 20-30 minutes. I talked to 3 interviewers at the same time. The interview was very relaxed, there is nothing to stress over. The medical students we spoke to after the interview were also very nice and helpful!

Reactions: 1 users
Mine lasted 20-30 minutes. I talked to 3 interviewers at the same time. The interview was very relaxed, there is nothing to stress over. The medical students we spoke to after the interview were also very nice and helpful!
Thanks! Did it really take the majority of the day?

Thanks! Did it really take the majority of the day?
I interviewed 10-10:30 and then 11:30-1:45 ish was an interactive session with the rest of the interviewees

any tips for how to prepare for the interview?
I believe on page 1 of this thread you can find a link to previous interview questions - those were helpful! Otherwise I just read through my primary and secondary applications

• Love
I believe on page 1 of this thread you can find a link to previous interview questions - those were helpful! Otherwise I just read through my primary and secondary applications
Last question from me, did they say when they would let you know about acceptances?

Last question from me, did they say when they would let you know about acceptances?
Admissions said 1-3 weeks, but the medical students said we could hear back as early as the day after interviewing. I interviewed the 17th and have not heard anything yet.

Ahhhh I just realized that I forgot to pay the secondary application fee by the deadline and I've just submitted it now (the day before my interview)!! Do we think this will hurt my chances??

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhh I just realized that I forgot to pay the secondary application fee by the deadline and I've just submitted it now (the day before my interview)!! Do we think this will hurt my chances??
I sure hope it doesn't because I submitted mine the day of the interview, haha

Admissions said 1-3 weeks, but the medical students said we could hear back as early as the day after interviewing. I interviewed the 17th and have not heard anything yet.

Same here about not having heard anything yet from the 17th, if that makes you feel better. Do you know if they call for R's and WL's too? Or just A's?

Wow! Excited for you! Keep us posted if you don't mind. Best of luck!

Same here about not having heard anything yet from the 17th, if that makes you feel better. Do you know if they call for R's and WL's too? Or just A's?
I think they only call for acceptances!

Got an II yesterday! OOS with ties to the state.

Invite this morning! No ties to the school/state, OOS.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if we can get an II without submitting the required DO letter? I am trying to shadow a DO, but it looks like it's about to take another month or so before I receive the letter. Thank you in advance! :)

Does WVSOM send you a complete email? I got my LORs sent last week and I can't seem to find on their portal whether they've received them

Does anyone know if we can get an II without submitting the required DO letter? I am trying to shadow a DO, but it looks like it's about to take another month or so before I receive the letter. Thank you in advance! :)
Doubtful unfortunately. They're one of the really strict letter schools.

What is a good ball park range for "how many extra hours you will put in studying' referring to the secondary question?
Obviously all of us will put in whatever time it takes, but I do not know what number will make me sound ready to do this without being too large and overly cocky.. lol

Did you only have to show up at your scheduled interview time, instead of the 8am EST time?

I am assuming that you haven't heard anything back from admissions.. Anything that caught you off guard during the interview?

What is a good ball park range for "how many extra hours you will put in studying' referring to the secondary question?
Obviously all of us will put in whatever time it takes, but I do not know what number will make me sound ready to do this without being too large and overly cocky.. lol

Medical school is a full time job so I ballparked a figure comparable to some old jobs I had. Granted, I worked in food service so my hours were insane (60-90 hours). I think putting a figure that is comparable to a typical full time job is 100% fair and rational.

Really biting my nails here! WVSOM is my top choice. Met a couple WVSOM grads while scribing and they really loved it.

Submitted 7/19 and marked complete 8/13. Pretty big lag but I’m telling myself their admissions moves slowly because they are not milking us for every dollar we’re worth. lol

Congrats to everyone who has gotten II’s!

I am assuming that you haven't heard anything back from admissions.. Anything that caught you off guard during the interview?
Nope, haven’t heard back. And no, all the questions were very straight forward and easy to answer!

Congrats to those receiving acceptances!!! Just curious, are any of you out of state?

Would anyone be interested in practicing together? I interview 9/18

Is there any who hasn’t shadowed a DO? Unfortunately all the DOs I messaged have restrictions due to Covid !dont really know what to do ! Already submitted secondary! Thanks!