2020-2021 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
would rather be in the storm than calm right now...assuming the storm is A's

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hoping today’s the day?

If we assume we are going by last year's timeline (which seems unlikely), it looks like the big wave of As, WLs, and Rs went out on 3/16 and not 3/15. So if the majority of us hear anything before 4/15, my bet is on tomorrow.

If we assume we are going by last year's timeline (which seems unlikely), it looks like the big wave of As, WLs, and Rs went out on 3/16 and not 3/15. So if the majority of us hear anything before 4/15, my bet is on tomorrow.
To be fair, I think that is because 3/15 last year was a Sunday. But I also doubt our timeline is the same as last years', and I'm not planning to hear anything back for a least a couple more weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
To be fair, I think that is because 3/15 last year was a Sunday. But I also doubt our timeline is the same as last years, and not planning to hear anything back for a least a couple more weeks.
Very good point that I didn't consider.

Hm last year they said the “last date to hear back anything” was April 1st and this year it’s April 15th. Maybe our version of last year’s March 15 is March 29th? At this point I’m going full blown conspiracy theorist.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
The real question is what happens first: Tom Brady retires, or everyone receives a final decision from WashU?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from scholarship offers recently?

What was the accepted number last year?
From what I recall from one of the previous threads, it was 270-300 by mid-March. I think there are definitely a few more A's to go out, just looks like we're quickly running out of runway.

I remember last year that something like half the group members were current students.
I hope you're right! At least that would make me feel better about potential WL movement for those of us who end up in purgatory.

Reactions: 1 user
are any accepted applicants willing to ask if they're still giving out A's? thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
15 members of the group are moderators.
Is every current student a moderator? I’m in some accepted groups in which there are moderators but not all current students are moderators, some just saying hi and talking about living situations and showing their apartments.

We are transcending to levels of neuroticism rarely seen before... lol investigating the moderator status of current students in the admitted applicant Facebook group 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Is every current student a moderator? I’m in some accepted groups in which there are moderators but not all current students are moderators, some just saying hi and talking about living situations and showing their apartments.
I have an M1 friend in the group who is not a moderator

• Wow
I have an M1 friend in the group who is not a moderator
Black Widow Avengers GIF

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone else still recieve emails that their kira talent asynchronous interview is a pending assessment? I completed mine before my interview (several weeks ago) and still get these emails, which makes me worried that maybe it didn't go through? But I'm like 99% positive there was a confirmation page when I completed it.

Anyone else still recieve emails that their kira talent asynchronous interview is a pending assessment? I completed mine before my interview (several weeks ago) and still get these emails, which makes me worried that maybe it didn't go through? But I'm like 99% positive there was a confirmation page when I completed it.
I've never received this email but did you receive the confirmation email with the subject line "Assessment completed for The School of Medicine at Washington University in St. Louis"?

I've never received this email but did you receive the confirmation email with the subject line "Assessment completed for The School of Medicine at Washington University in St. Louis"?
I looked through my email and did receive that! I also emailed the admissions staff and they informed me that they had received my kira talent interview and that the email was in error, so all is good. Thanks!

The waiting is killing me. I just want to know the decision already even if it's not an acceptance. At least I'll finally know and won't have to worry about it anymore.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Seems like aid for internationals will be difficult for me to get at WashU, so I will withdraw my acceptance. Hope someone gets to receive good news soon! Best of luck everyone!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Seems like aid for internationals will be difficult for me to get at WashU, so I will withdraw my acceptance. Hope someone gets to receive good news soon! Best of luck everyone!
That’s incredibly selfless and appreciated! Congrats on the success of your cycle and best of luck going forward

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I'm sorry to hear they make it difficult to receive aid for international students. You are an absolute gem. Congrats on an awesome cycle and hope to run into you again down the road, future doctor!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
It's a bummer WashU won't give you aid. They're passing up on an amazing future doctor. Where will you be headed?
They do have merit aid for internationals but I don't think I will get any, or much. Loved the school but unfortunately it boiled down to $$$. Choosing between full CoA in the west coast vs. (tbd, most likely) full tuition but no cost of living in the east coast.

Reactions: 4 users
I would hang on until April 15, at least! Unless you prefer your other options. But if Wash U is your top choice, maybe tell them that and send them your other offers if they're merit.
It definitely was one of my top choices, but the other options also offer my partner (who would be moving with me) better job prospects. I also can't wait until April 15th as I need to submit proof of finances by April 1st as an international student and I don't think I can materialize ~400k in two weeks.

Just got the call. This definitely throws a wrench into my plans.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users