2020-2021 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
JUST GOT ACCEPTED!! I absolutely love VCU I can’t believe it
Congratulations!! You must be ELATED! You deserve this. I'm being that guy sorry...IS or OSS?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi this might be a longshot but are there any other Canadians who can help me with Certiphi? I'm confused on what to put on the Canadian form under Organization Requesting Search, contact name, and contact phone number? Anyone have any clue?
I did VCUSOM, and their admissions office phone #. Certiphi will contact you if they need more info

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!! You must be ELATED! You deserve this. I'm being that guy sorry...IS or OSS?
Thank you and Oh my gosh no worries! I am OOS. I interviewed 2/16 and was waitlisted 3/15. MCAT 509 total GPA 3.96. Hope this helps & Good luck!!!

May be a stupid question - are there two separate waitlists for IS vs OOS? and they just pull people off of the list corresponding to who just declined?

For anyone that has released their acceptance, is using the “withdraw app” button on the portal sufficient or do we need to contact admissions directly?

For anyone that has released their acceptance, is using the “withdraw app” button on the portal sufficient or do we need to contact admissions directly?
I think it's sufficient to just use the portal button - but to be safe I'd just write up a quick email to admissions.

accepted off the waitlist!!! interviewed in August

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Also recently accepted off WL!!! OOS btw

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday, interviewed in September!

Reactions: 9 users
Just got an email with scholarship offer/financial aid

Reactions: 6 users
Just got a huge scholarship offer after withdrawing my application this morning due to the COA as an OOS student and them telling us we wouldn’t hear about finaid until after the commitment deadline. LOL today has been a day. Anyone know how permanent the withdraw is? I could cry rn :(

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Just got a huge scholarship offer after withdrawing my application this morning due to the COA as an OOS student and them telling us we wouldn’t hear about finaid until after the commitment deadline. LOL today has been a day. Anyone know how permanent the withdraw is? I could cry rn :(
Reach out and email them. Tell them what you wrote above. The worst they can say is they can’t reverse it.

Anyone know if agreeing to the prematriculation program binds you to VCU or actually attending is what binds you?

Does anyone know if accepting the initial fafsa loan package on eservices means that you won’t get more assistance from them once scholarship decisions come out? (This is ISS)

Does anyone know if the only scholarship program VCU does is thru the PROFILE? Like are there additional scholarships?

For accepted students, do you know if it matters if we choose "No, I cannot attend but plan to matriculate at VCU in July 2021" vs. "No, I will not attend" for the Pre-matriculation program? I am still undecided about where I want to attend and want to make sure neither of these choices is binding. Thank you!

For accepted students, do you know if it matters if we choose "No, I cannot attend but plan to matriculate at VCU in July 2021" vs. "No, I will not attend" for the Pre-matriculation program? I am still undecided about where I want to attend and want to make sure neither of these choices is binding. Thank you!
I second being confused by this

They said it's alright to say that even if you aren't 100% locked in to vcu

The FinAid just sent out an email about having a FinAid orientation for accepted students on 29th, where they will answer all the questions. One day before the 30th...
I am still grateful.

Has anyone gotten an actual financial aid package yet or is there an online portal I don’t know about? I got the scholarship email but not a finaid package.

If I got accepted off the WL recently (~1.5 weeks ago), is it unlikely that I'll hear back before 4/30 about any FinAid and/or scholarship offers? I have one other A besides VCU and I want to compare COA before I have to PTE, but I'm afraid I'll prob have to make a decision without this info, which makes me kinda anxious :'(

If I got accepted off the WL recently (~1.5 weeks ago), is it unlikely that I'll hear back before 4/30 about any FinAid and/or scholarship offers? I have one other A besides VCU and I want to compare COA before I have to PTE, but I'm afraid I'll prob have to make a decision without this info, which makes me kinda anxious :'(
In the same boat, but I emailed financial aid last night explaining my situation and the emailed me back first thing in the morning. They basically said that a scholarship meeting is happening next week and that they will email me immediately if I receive anything. Very helpful and prompt responses from the fin aid department!

In the same boat, but I emailed financial aid last night explaining my situation and the emailed me back first thing in the morning. They basically said that a scholarship meeting is happening next week and that they will email me immediately if I receive anything. Very helpful and prompt responses from the fin aid department!
That's super reassuring to hear, thanks so much for the insight!

In fairness to those on the waitlist, I've made the tough decision to withdraw my A here. Best of luck to everyone still in the running :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Anyone else considering doing the prematriclation program? I got confirmation that the entirety of the program is delivered virtually and I'm really interested in it.

Anyone else considering doing the prematriclation program? I got confirmation that the entirety of the program is delivered virtually and I'm really interested in it.
I am but according to some people who did it., it is more intense than the regular medical school since everything is so condensed. A such, be prepared to lose your summer :/

I am but according to some people who did it., it is more intense than the regular medical school since everything is so condensed. A such, be prepared to lose your summer :/
Have you heard anything about the structure of the program? Things like exams and what not

Have you heard anything about the structure of the program? Things like exams and what not
Sounds like they are expecting you to participate 8 hours each day of the program so basically a full time job... not sure if this includes hw and test

Sounds horrible. Why would one want to do that?

• Haha
So if I remember correctly, VCU doesn't disclose what position / quartile you are in or chances of getting in off the WL?

I received an email about a portal change at exactly 6:07 pm today. I did not have any tabs earlier in the day. But your boy is going to be a physician!!!

edit: oh yeah, OOS. Best of luck, everybody!!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
Hi everyone! Quick question. I was accepted off the WL not too long ago and on the front page of my portal, there is a sentence that reads "After [April 30th], you should only have one acceptance and can remain on up to 3 wait list."

Is this a VCU-specific requirement? I don't remember reading that AAMC specifically asks/requires applicants to limit their number of WLs starting 4/30, but it wouldn't be the first time my memory has failed me LOL... I currently plan to PTE at VCU but I'm also on 4 WLs (ik lol) and I don't want to get into any trouble... Thoughts?