2020-2021 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take for VCU to show up in AMCAS? It's not showing up for me yet
+1 Still awaiting the CYMS tool and/or contact from AMCAS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! Quick question. I was accepted off the WL not too long ago and on the front page of my portal, there is a sentence that reads "After [April 30th], you should only have one acceptance and can remain on up to 3 wait list."

Is this a VCU-specific requirement? I don't remember reading that AAMC specifically asks/requires applicants to limit their number of WLs starting 4/30, but it wouldn't be the first time my memory has failed me LOL... I currently plan to PTE at VCU but I'm also on 4 WLs (ik lol) and I don't want to get into any trouble... Thoughts?
I think that’s totally up to you. It’s a request Vcu is making, however they will never know / could never know how many WL you are on.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who were recently accepted off the waitlist, have you heard back regarding financial aid and scholarships yet? I emailed their office last week and said after scholarship meetings, they would get back but I haven’t even received the portal logins yet and worried about making a decision by tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user
For those who were recently accepted off the waitlist, have you heard back regarding financial aid and scholarships yet? I emailed their office last week and said after scholarship meetings, they would get back but I haven’t even received the portal logins yet and worried about making a decision by tomorrow
I was accepted off the WL earlier this month and I haven't heard anything yet, unfortunately :'(

Seems like the scholarship's are pretty low.

Is hitting "withdraw" sufficient to let admissions know I'm declining the acceptance? Also can anyone who withdrew confirm whether you got the $100 deposit back or not?

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my acceptance yesterday. Hope it goes to one you:) Best of luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Is hitting "withdraw" sufficient to let admissions know I'm declining the acceptance? Also can anyone who withdrew confirm whether you got the $100 deposit back or not?
It should be sufficient. However, knowing the past problems with the portal I still sent an email to Ms. Tyler just to confirm, and she said that the refund may take up to 8 weeks.

Withdrew. Hopefully, it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

Accepted from the WL just now!!! OOS!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
been waiting two cycles to come off that waitlist!! today was the day!! IS!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just got accepted off the WL 4/30/21 at 6:07 pm!!! This is my first A and my top choice. See y’all in the class of 2025!!!! (IS)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Committed and received a large scholarship shortly after through email, still hope for everyone who’s waiting for scholarship info!

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm trying to activate my eID/VCU email... I need to provide a VNumber/Banner ID or VCUCard Number in order to do so, but how do I access either of these?? LOL

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm trying to activate my eID/VCU email... I need to provide a VNumber/Banner ID or VCUCard Number in order to do so, but how do I access either of these?? LOL
My Banner ID number showed up on the VCU Application Portal (you have a scroll on the main page a little) about a week after I was accepted.

ACCEPTED:)!!! Interviewed 3/2 and got off the waitlist today, IS

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Since VCU has a ranked WL, does this mean that the largest post-4/30 wave has happened / is happening right now? Congrats to everyone who got off btw!

Since VCU has a ranked WL, does this mean that the largest post-4/30 wave has happened / is happening right now? Congrats to everyone who got off btw!
It seems like a fair amount has already happened, more than I expected pre-4/30, but I think we should expect solid movement till at least early to mid June. Also hoping to get off

Reactions: 4 users
It seems like a fair amount has already happened, more than I expected pre-4/30, but I think we should expect solid movement till at least early to mid June. Also hoping to get off
Frankly at this point it’s: person withdraws, next person on the list gets it. As people get off other waitlists, they’ll withdraw and next person in line gets off!

Accepted off the WL just now! OOS I interviewed 3/4

Reactions: 8 users
Also accepted off WL today :) Interviewed 8/27 OOS, sent LOI and multiple updates

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted off WL this past Sunday 😄! Interviewed 2/10 OOS

• Love
Safe to say in-state movement is pretty much over, right? Give or take maybe a couple.

What r u talking about LOL it’s the first week of may!
How long would you recommend we wait for? My backup school's orientation starts in mid-July and I wanna move there at least a couple of weeks before, but I am struggling to get excited and look for apartments and such because I really want to get off the waitlist at VCU

How long would you recommend we wait for? My backup school's orientation starts in mid-July and I wanna move there at least a couple of weeks before, but I am struggling to get excited and look for apartments and such because I really want to get off the waitlist at VCU
I would encourage you to start looking at the new place. I know it’s such a difficult place to be in, but you need to proceed logistically as if you’re going elsewhere. If ur looking to live woth room mates be honest with them but july 1 is right around the corner. I’m saying don’t give up hope but be realistic.

I would encourage you to start looking at the new place. I know it’s such a difficult place to be in, but you need to proceed logistically as if you’re going elsewhere. If ur looking to live woth room mates be honest with them but july 1 is right around the corner. I’m saying don’t give up hope but be realistic.
I agree, thank you