2020-2021 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Texas - San Antonio

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rising MS4 at Long. Happy to answer any questions about the school, either in this thread or via PM. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Just received an email from Long! Interviews will be on Fridays from August through February. In addition to interviews, applicants are also invited to complete the Standard One-Way Video Interview (SOWVI).

Reactions: 1 user
+1 on the email. The email makes it seem like the SOWVI optional and I don’t want to jump over more hoops this cycle. Debating taking Long off my list if it’s required. [mention]wysdoc [/mention] any thoughts on this?

+1 on the email. The email makes it seem like the SOWVI optional and I don’t want to jump over more hoops this cycle. Debating taking Long off my list if it’s required. [mention]wysdoc [/mention] any thoughts on this?
My comment is to wait and see how many interview invitations you get . :)
Was this email strictly informative, or was it an interview invitation?

Reactions: 1 users
My comment is to wait and see how many interview invitations you get . :)
Was this email strictly informative, or was it an interview invitation?

Strictly informative for me. It was simply a notification that my application was received

Members don't see this ad :)
Is SOWVI something we only need to worry about completing if we're invited to interview? From my understanding, they won't actually use it to select people to interview?

Is SOWVI something we only need to worry about completing if we're invited to interview? From my understanding, they won't actually use it to select people to interview?

From the email:
"All applicants who are invited to interview are also invited to complete the Standard One-Way Video Interview (SOWVI)..."

I would not complete it until you get an interview invite

Just received an email from Long! Interviews will be on Fridays from August through February. In addition to interviews, applicants are also invited to complete the Standard One-Way Video Interview (SOWVI).
Are interviews on campus or online?

Just received II. Transmitted 6/23

Reactions: 6 users
my first II!!! Complete 6/25

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations, all!

I’ve a quick question:

I received the “application complete” e-mail 26 June. Should I be worried that I’ve not received an II?

GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 524 (129/132/132/131)

^ in the same boat (though not nearly as high a gpa)

Anyone have any insight on dress for the Standard One Way Video Interview. I know it probably doesn’t matter all that much at the end of the day but I’d rather not look silly

Congratulations, all!

I’ve a quick question:

I received the “application complete” e-mail 26 June. Should I be worried that I’ve not received an II?

GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 524 (129/132/132/131)
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that nobody should be worried they don't have an II in the first half of July

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Just received an II, complete on 6/30

Reactions: 9 users
Is there anything else I need to do after I receive an email that my application has been received? I know there isn't a secondary but there's not an additional portal or anything?

Is there anything else I need to do after I receive an email that my application has been received? I know there isn't a secondary but there's not an additional portal or anything?
Just take CASPer and send it to schools that want it, and lots of waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted through AMCAS because I am applying MD/PhD and I have not yet received an email stating that my application was received. Has anyone else that submitted through AMCAS received an email?

I submitted through AMCAS because I am applying MD/PhD and I have not yet received an email stating that my application was received. Has anyone else that submitted through AMCAS received an email?

Also an OOS MD/PhD applicant who submitted through AMCAS and I haven't received an email either if it makes you feel better. Patience seems to be the name of the game with this process :)

I am struggling to figure out how many letters of rec and the types of letters that are required for MD/PhD. Can someone please share with me a link or this information?

II right now! So excited! First of the cycle!! IS, LM of 71. Marked Complete 7/16 :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Congrats!! And it was at 11:30pm on a Sunday?? That is so unexpected!
I was about to fall asleep when I got the email and was so shocked it came in that late!! I guess they just put these notifications to send at certain times haha. Thank you!!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!! When you say "Complete 7/16," does that mean your app was fully submitted, transmitted, or received by Long on July 16th?
I mean Long received my application and told me it was "under review" on 7/16. I was transmitted 7/10!

• Love
What does it mean by "Receipt of the MCAT score is required for an interview invitation" I took my MCAT again on 6/20 and sent my score into tmdsas on 7/8 they have already received it. Did I need to do something else? I'm worried cuz I got the "app received" email on June 26, 2020, at 9:53 AM plus I'm in-state and was hoping to have heard something by now but I may just be tweakin.

Does Long send an email to the applicant after they receive the application from TMDSAS?

Does Long send an email to the applicant after they receive the application from TMDSAS?
yeah, it's like a "hey you're in line to be reviewed" type of thing it takes a couple of days tho just give it a week-ish, after you submit primary ofc

What does it mean by "Receipt of the MCAT score is required for an interview invitation" I took my MCAT again on 6/20 and sent my score into tmdsas on 7/8 they have already received it. Did I need to do something else? I'm worried cuz I got the "app received" email on June 26, 2020, at 9:53 AM plus I'm in-state and was hoping to have heard something by now but I may just be tweakin.

Everyone's email said that... With your specific situation if you are concerned just call/email and ask them if they have received it.

Yea, it's really nothing to worry about. Like @premedtomedstudentjourney said, everyone gets that email and there is no way to check if they received it unless you call them. I'm sure they received it if it was processed by TMDSAS on 7/8 as my MCAT score was also processed on that day too. Just sit back and relax until you get your interview invites! So much waiting to be done! :)

Hey guys, MS1 here. In the thick of it cause first few weeks of school but happy to answer any questions about interviews/second looks/MS1 year/location (kinda)!

Also don't freak out about interviews for a while. A lot of ppl with high stats seem to feel entitled to an early II, this isn't always the case. Long has been making huge jumps up in stats last few years (i think accepted/matriculated MCAT was 516/515) so yes, your stats do matter but they're not the only thing and it takes time to process. I was a similarly high stat ORM app and didn't hear anything till October I believe.

Super excited for you guys, best of luck in this crazy Interview season. And DON'T stress out about the interview itself. Honestly my favorite interview experience anywhere was here. Super relaxed and nice but still managed to get a ton of information out.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hi, does anyone know if all Texas schools require all LoRs to be submitted before sending out II? I've filled out secondaries for all of them, but I'm wondering if this affects my II. I'm waiting on one letter, but the prof is pretty busy with letters and I don't know when to expect his submission.

Hi, does anyone know if all Texas schools require all LoRs to be submitted before sending out II? I've filled out secondaries for all of them, but I'm wondering if this affects my II. I'm waiting on one letter, but the prof is pretty busy with letters and I don't know when to expect his submission.
Not usually, no. There are a record # of applications this year so things are taking a bit longer.

Just received II! First of the cycle!! OOS LM~ 69

• Wow
Reactions: 14 users