2020-2021 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe it's a Mac OS issue. I think they initially allowed Macs then had too many issues now it's PC only.
Bootcamp on my MacBook it is then :cigar:
Don’t even have an interview lmao but if one comes im sticking it to the man and using a mac

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone interviewed here and used a mac? I am supposed to be interviewing on Friday (got II yesterday) and only have access to macs. Trying to figure out if I need to reschedule my interview while I sort this out.
I was in a similar boat and scrambling to find a pc. fwiw i was totally able to do the system check on my mac but I didn't want to take any chances bc it sounds like if you have technology issues while using a mac they can invalidate your entire interview

I was in a similar boat and scrambling to find a pc. fwiw i was totally able to do the system check on my mac but I didn't want to take any chances bc it sounds like if you have technology issues while using a mac they can invalidate your entire interview

Same thought process here...was able to complete the system check on my mac but was too paranoid to risk it not working. Was able to scramble and find one last minute!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
PSA that just like MD-only, MSTP kids will also do the MMI and need to get their hands on a PC as well. Time to become a fake Geek Squad employee ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Accepted earlier this week! LM 76 OOS. super excited!

Reactions: 5 users
Do any accepted students know if there is a prospective class facebook page or anything set up?

Do any accepted students know if there is a prospective class facebook page or anything set up?

I haven't been contacted regarding one yet, but I feel like it's quite early for that

I haven't been contacted regarding one yet, but I feel like it's quite early for that
Agreed, I really am looking forward to interacting with future medcats and getting to know you all though

Does anyone know if Cincy is still sending out interviews? And how many do they plan on sending out? This chat has been a little quiet so I am just curious. Also, I was complete early September

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if Cincy is still sending out interviews? And how many do they plan on sending out? This chat has been a little quiet so I am just curious. Also, I was complete early September

Wondering about this too. I also was complete in early September!

Reactions: 4 users
Complete in late august, IS, wondering too...

Members don't see this ad :)

I interviewed last week. I'll try to give you all the useful info I can remember.

The numbers I'm gonna provide are averages that they showed us on interview day.

I believe they send out 360 interview invitations a cycle then hold 320 interviews (I'm guessing not everyone attends their offered interview.) They accept 180-190 students. The class makeup is roughly 60/40 IS/OOS. It seems like their definition for IS is Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky because they'd lump these states together in reference to IS.

One of the admissions people said you have on average a 55-60% chance of being accepted if you've been offered an interview. This is the same for IS and OOS. Obviously not every applicant is equal in their stats.

They also mentioned that they were holding more interview days than normal this cycle due to the interviews being online. So I think there are more interview days but less people per interview day. They also said that whether you are granted an interview at the beginning of the cycle verses the end you have equal chances of being accepted. I'm not 100% sure how this works. I think they interview fewer people as the cycle goes on but within those people your chances are the same as if you were interviewed earlier.

I think they do interviews until February or March. I can't remember exactly. As far as I know they are still sending out IIs but I'm not sure when the next interview day is.

I would keep an eye on your email. They emailed me 72 hours notice and it went to my junk folder. I actually got a text from the admissions office asking if I was attending my interview tomorrow so I had a 24 hours notice lmao. Good luck!

Reactions: 8 users
Regarding a Facebook group, I believe invites were sent out in mid/late December last year. It might be similar this year, but who knows the timing with covid. It's disrupted everything else. You could always search for it everyday ("University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Class of 2025"), but do yourself a favor and don't. You'll just drive yourself crazy. It'll come.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!!

Reactions: 2 users
II a little bit ago! Just sent an update letter earlier today so this was a shock.

I just received one today!

Reactions: 3 users
A earlier this week! Interviewed 10/23. LM 75.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the II yesterday for next week....on the exact same date and time as another interview :1poop: I never thought I would have this problem. Has anyone else had luck communicating with the admissions office?

I tried calling but apparently it's impossible to get through, they just have a pre-recorded message telling you to email them. It's been a day and haven't heard back by email yet so getting kind of worried.

Also, I was complete 9/1, in-state, LM 71 if you want to know

Just got the II yesterday for next week....on the exact same date and time as another interview :1poop: I never thought I would have this problem. Has anyone else had luck communicating with the admissions office?

I tried calling but apparently it's impossible to get through, they just have a pre-recorded message telling you to email them. It's been a day and haven't heard back by email yet so getting kind of worried.

Also, I was complete 9/1, in-state, LM 71 if you want to know
Try emailing them. But heads up they are incredibly inflexible regarding reschedules. Best of luck

Edit: just saw you did email, that's the best bet. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Might be easier to move the other interview, but tricky given short timeline.
Yeah, I'm not sure what to tell the other people that won't give away that I'm de-prioritizing them. Might just have to pick between them. If that's the case I'm definitely going with Cincinnati

Yeah, I'm not sure what to tell the other people that won't give away that I'm de-prioritizing them. Might just have to pick between them. If that's the case I'm definitely going with Cincinnati
I would love to have your problem ;)

I was given 2 days notice and my interview was at 9AM on a Friday. I work full time, so I had to make a deal with my manager to work late Friday night and come in on Saturday, luckily my boss is super flexible!

do they take letters of interest/intent pre-II? Looks like they do on their portal but just want to make sure!
I uploaded an update/continuing interest letter about 1 week before getting an interview, so I guess it can't hurt too much!

Also, to update my problem with scheduling: After almost 3 days they finally emailed me back offering 3 different dates I was allowed to choose between, so if you have a legit reason they are accommodating.

• Care
Would anyone who has interviewed and heard back mind telling me roughly how long they waited before hearing back? :) Thank you so much!

Around July 28th
Jk looks like it was the 23rd of July. I got invited to the diversity first look experience though so I think that’s why I’m just now hearing back if it was meant for me to hear back since it seems they try to pair that first look with the interview day

• Wow
Anyone know if you can still get an acceptance without a phone call first?

Would anyone who has interviewed and heard back mind telling me roughly how long they waited before hearing back? :) Thank you so much!
27 days for me, about 23 for my friend. Then I have a few other friends who are past a month with no response

Anyone know if you can still get an acceptance without a phone call first?
Afaik, no. I didn't answer the call, and they left a voicemail and I got the official email the next day. Then I got the letter a week after I officially accepted the offer. Fwiw, my friend who interviewed same day as me got his wait list email the same day I got my acceptance email.

Current student here. Feel free to ask me questions here or in inbox. Will be as honest as possible about my experiences