2020-2021 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II earlier today. Regular MD, OOS, LM: 74

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats. May I ask when were you complete and did you receive an email or did you check your portal for an update?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II received monday. complete 8/4. OOS LM 76

Has anyone here heard back about acceptances? Interviewed late September as a normal (non-early decision) applicant and didn't hear back yesterday like they said we would.

Has anyone here heard back about acceptances? Interviewed late September as a normal (non-early decision) applicant and didn't hear back yesterday like they said we would.

iirc they said we would hear back sometime in early November (6-8 weeks after the interview)?

Anyone have a feel for whether most II's have already gone out or if more are expected ?

Reactions: 2 users
this is my top choice but idk if my stats match up with them :( complete 8/4 and silence but I submitted an update letter last week and hoping for the best /:

Hi guys,

I need some advice for this question:

Have you ever been convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to, any moving traffic violations (moving violations include speeding tickets)? If yes, please explain fully below. (include information even if charges were dropped, dismissed, or otherwise mitigated)

I got a speeding ticket back in 2014 (Ohio). I took a driving course and paid the ticket. I looked up my record and can not find it online. Do you think Cinn. will be able to find this ticket online when they do a background check?

Hi guys,

I need some advice for this question:

Have you ever been convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to, any moving traffic violations (moving violations include speeding tickets)? If yes, please explain fully below. (include information even if charges were dropped, dismissed, or otherwise mitigated)

I got a speeding ticket back in 2014 (Ohio). I took a driving course and paid the ticket. I looked up my record and can not find it online. Do you think Cinn. will be able to find this ticket online when they do a background check?
I was in a similar situation (ticket in Virginia - no record found online) but I still decided to add. I would rather be honest and forthcoming than seem like liar later on - in case they find it in background check. Everyone has moving violation (okay! Almost everyone) so I don’t think they will look at it harshly. I would suggest you to add it in so that you don’t find yourself in weird position later on. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in a similar situation (ticket in Virginia - no record found online) but I still decided to add. I would rather be honest and forthcoming than seem like liar later on - in case they find it in background check. Everyone has moving violation (okay! Almost everyone) so I don’t think they will look at it harshly. I would suggest you to add it in so that you don’t find yourself in weird position later on. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. I decided to add it on.

Hi I just had my interview today. I technically graduated in august after my primary app was already processed, so my grade from the last class and I guess also my graduation status have not been shown to UCinci yet. Should I send them my updated transcripts now, or can I hold that off until a later time?
Thanks

SOS did anyone else have trouble obtaining a PC for the interview since mac laptops are not allowed??

• Hmm
  • Wow
SOS did anyone else have trouble obtaining a PC for the interview since mac laptops are not allowed??

Yea same, I finally managed to get a hold of one after so much asking around. I understand that they’ve developed a great virtual interview system but restricting interviewees to PC only is incredibly frustrating tbh.

Reactions: 1 users
Yea same, I finally managed to get a hold of one after so much asking around. I understand that they’ve developed a great virtual interview system but restricting interviewees to PC only is incredibly frustrating tbh.
Anyone know if it’s just a macOS/windows thing or hardware limitation? I have boot camp on my MacBook so I can run windows on it. I don’t even have an interview but want to prepare in the chance i get one

Anyone know if it’s just a macOS/windows thing or hardware limitation? I have boot camp on my MacBook so I can run windows on it. I don’t even have an interview but want to prepare in the chance i get one
I'm really not sure - has everyone who's interviewed done so on a PC? Would a chromebook count?

That's interesting, did they explicitly say PC only? I interviewed about a month ago and just used my Mac; they didn't say anything about PC, but maybe it's changed as they develop their interview system.

That's interesting, did they explicitly say PC only? I interviewed about a month ago and just used my Mac; they didn't say anything about PC, but maybe it's changed as they develop their interview system.

Thats interesting! I think they’ve definitely changed their system since then, because now they are super clear in requiring PCs only. I mentioned I only had access to Macs in my household and they suggested that I just try to get a PC somehow by asking friends and family haha

II this evening!! IS ORM complete 7/20, scheduling for early November

• Love
Does anyone know if we are allowed to take notes during the MMI (when reading prompt)? Thanks

Received a II late Friday night/early Halloween. OOS, no specific ties to U of C but I live in an Indiana county that is eligible for tuition reciprocity with the college of medicine.

Interview is on Election Day.

Received a II late Friday night/early Halloween. OOS, no specific ties to U of C but I live in an Indiana county that is eligible for tuition reciprocity with the college of medicine.

Congrats:) May I ask when you were complete?

Mind sharing stats ? URM / ORM ?

Mind sharing stats ? URM / ORM ?

Sure! ORM, OOS, 515, Undergrad 3.86, M.S. gpa 3.62, clinical volunteering 150 hours, 50 hours clinical shadowing, 3500 hours research, 5000 hours lab work, various other extracurriculars. Hopefully this isn't too much info.

Best of luck to everyone.

II received just now, IS, complete 8/3

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, I was waitlisted this morning at UC for tier 1 and I don't really remember what they said about it in the interview. Does anyone have any clarifications about what tier 1 entails? Thank you!

Hey everyone, I was waitlisted this morning at UC for tier 1 and I don't really remember what they said about it in the interview. Does anyone have any clarifications about what tier 1 entails? Thank you!

I interviewed yesterday and this is my understanding of their waitlist.

There are 4 tiers. The highest tier would be that they wanna accept you but they have already given out the maximum number of acceptances per that interview day. This means you'd be automatically accepted if someone drops their spot. They said they haven't put anyone in this tier the past few years. Cincy is different in that whether you apply early or late you still have the same chance of being accepted.

Next tier is if you received a mixture of acceptance and waitlist votes from the adcom. This is a more traditional waitlist.

Tier 3 means all adcom members voted to waitlist you.

Tier 4 (lowest) means you had a mixture of rejection and waitlist votes.

Has anyone interviewed here and used a mac? I am supposed to be interviewing on Friday (got II yesterday) and only have access to macs. Trying to figure out if I need to reschedule my interview while I sort this out.

Congrats! How quickly did they get back to you after your interview? And how did you think your MMI went?

Interview was beginning of october and heard back a little less than a month later. And I love MMI format, so it was really fun for me.

Has anyone interviewed here and used a mac? I am supposed to be interviewing on Friday (got II yesterday) and only have access to macs. Trying to figure out if I need to reschedule my interview while I sort this out.

Unfortunately you won't be able to use a Mac. They were very vocal about no Macs. I also had to scramble and find a PC.

Do the entire interview from Best Buy

• Haha
Where does it say you can’t use a Mac? I’m in trouble if this is the case. Will I just not be able to complete the system check?

Where does it say you can’t use a Mac? I’m in trouble if this is the case. Will I just not be able to complete the system check?
An admission's office member called me today with the guidelines. She had me answer a few yes or no questions, such as if I have stable internet, if I have an isolated environment, and if I had a PC because Macs encounter problems. By that, I assume that we are not allowed to use Macs. Maybe you can ask for potential workarounds when you receive the call

#pcmasterrace