2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I want a secondary :(

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I believe that person logged into the portal from last year to get those prompts. I haven't heard of anyone getting this secondary officially yet.

Nope, that was me :) I received it on Friday July 10 at 3pm Pacific.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, that was me :) I received it on Friday July 10 at 3pm Pacific.
eb1c8e0f9867dc5a69d8886c0827d5ba

Reactions: 1 users
Have only gotten UCSDs secondary (for the UCs atleast). Still patiently waiting on UCSF and UCLA.

I'm an international student (Canada; ORM; non trad). Do you think I get processed later in terms of screening, as they likely prioritize IS first?

Hi! I'm an incoming MS1 also from Canada. To my knowledge, it doesn't seem like they prioritized IS applicants first (I got my secondary on the first day and interview invite in Aug).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else still waiting to receive their secondary? I am afraid that I might have been screened out...

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still waiting to receive their secondary? I am afraid that I might have been screened out...

still waiting. oos, verified in june. pretty sure my stats wouldn’t be screened out, but who knows

still waiting. oos, verified in june. pretty sure my stats wouldn’t be screened out, but who knows
I'm IS and I'm still waiting, too. Verified late May. I'm sure they're just working through them. Nothing to do but wait, I suppose.

+1 OOS, I don't know if not taking the MCAT yet has anything to do with it though

Hi all, for those waiting on secondaries, take a deep breath and know there’s a great chance one is still going to come. UCLA does things in waves (which is great if you’re in the first wave, but not great if you’re stuck waiting). Given the later date apps were released this year, the cycle is moving a bit quicker than normal. UCLA does a thorough primary app review, and secondaries are going out in waves as primaries are reviewed. Interviews are scheduled to take place Aug 24 - Dec 10. UCLA tends to be one of the more frustrating schools given the small waves of secondaries, II, and acceptances they release at one time, so be patient! I empathize, the medical school admissions cycle is the absolute worst, so keep the faith as best you can!

Reactions: 6 users
on the portal, my letters of references under status says complete, but under document status for references, it's blank. Is this the same for anyone else?

What are you guys putting for the secondary question about "the one most important honor you have received"? I can't remember the last time I actually won an award for something lol.

any other IS applicants who still haven't received the secondary? verified 6/16

any other IS applicants who still haven't received the secondary? verified 6/16
I haven't either, and I'm verified 6/9, IS applicant, lived in SoCal for majority of my life. I'm sure others like us are in the same boat, though I can't help but worry I've been screened out. T.T

What are you guys putting for the secondary question about "the one most important honor you have received"? I can't remember the last time I actually won an award for something lol.

I wrote about being voted captain of my club volleyball team! Definitely doesn’t have to be an award or honor in the typical sense! Anything you’re proud of works! I also hadn’t won any awards lol

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary received around 2AM! I’m IS and sent my primary in 6/15. Not sure if they still have that 512 MCAT cutoff but mine was 511.

secondary received around 5am this morning lol! OOS, a nice surprise haha

OOS secondary received this morning! Happily surprised since my stats are lower for them (511/3.7)

What is the hour minimum that you're using to determine if a work experience was "major" enough to be listed on this application? Thanks!

Secondary received! International (Canadian), non trad, ORM. Quite surprised, as my MCAT is quite lower than their median!

This is my first post/reply on this forum.

My PI had stated that he will write me a letter. I haven't received the letter yet and, I have no success at reaching him. I know the app won't be considered complete without the letters. But, does the UCLA 15 business days secondary deadline applies to letters as well? Or, does it only apply to the secondary app?

This is my first post/reply on this forum.

My PI had stated that he will write me a letter. I haven't received the letter yet and, I have no success at reaching him. I know the app won't be considered complete without the letters. But, does the UCLA 15 business days secondary deadline applies to letters as well? Or, does it only apply to the secondary app?
Email said to submit within 15 days even if you don't have the letter

Would it look bad to leave the paid work experiences section blank? Aside from a 3 month paid summer job, all of my experiences have been volunteer or internship based, and I opted to receive course credit instead of $$ for my research position.

For the "what has been your most scholarly project" question. I haven't done research, so would I leave it blank?

Is anyone else having trouble logging into their application service?

I cannot for the life of me log into the supplemental application. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I cannot for the life of me log into the supplemental application. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I was experiencing the same thing, but when I switched browsers it worked so maybe try that?

Had the same problem with Stanford using Google Chrome. Same issue for this app. Switched to Safari for both and it worked.

Had the same problem with Stanford using Google Chrome. Same issue for this app. Switched to Safari for both and it worked.

That's weird. I'm glad you solved the issue though. I just logged into both applications with Google Chrome and no problems here.

Lol just when I was said about not getting a secondary, got one today! XD

Would it look bad to leave the paid work experiences section blank? Aside from a 3 month paid summer job, all of my experiences have been volunteer or internship based, and I opted to receive course credit instead of $$ for my research position.
If you don't have any paid work experiences then you don't have an option other than to leave it blank. I'm sure you'll be fine.

For the competencies question about Spanish, does UCLA accept AP credit? I only took one semester of Spanish in college but that was because I already had AP credit to count as well

For the competencies question about Spanish, does UCLA accept AP credit? I only took one semester of Spanish in college but that was because I already had AP credit to count as well
according to their website ap credit is acceptable

I think it's pretty strongly preferred. They're the only school I've seen that specifically listed Spanish in their selection factors on MSAR.

Anyone else high stat OOS and didn't receive anything yet? Starting to get spooked