2020-2021 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UCSF sent out lots of waitlists from what I gathered on here so I am not very optimistic about the waitlist movement. Plus the chances that a lot of people will turn down UCSF is slim compared to other schools. I am sharing this perspective because I think it is better to have a sober optimism imo (this waiting game with ucsf has been rough enough)

Oh wait nevermind I understand what you’re saying now. My brain doesn’t work in the morning

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah agree not too optimistic about regular MD given my stats but a little more optimistic for SJV. One can hope 🤞🏻

Reactions: 1 user
I can share that the Slack group for accepted --> actual incoming MS1 class has around 190 accepted students right now and the FB group has an estimated 200 accepted. These numbers do not include current MS1 administrators.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can share that the Slack group for accepted --> actual incoming MS1 class has around 190 accepted students right now and the FB group has an estimated 200 accepted. These numbers do not include current MS1 administrators.
Eek. That’s not good. I know it’s been mentioned before, but what’s their incoming seat count again?

Eek. That’s not good. I know it’s been mentioned before, but what’s their incoming seat count again?
I believe 161 enrolled in 2020 according to their website.

• Dislike
I believe 161 enrolled in 2020 according to their website.
Welp so much for beginning of May hype WL movement 😂

💔💔💔

• Care
Interesting. Not sure where the discrepancy comes from, but I also counted in the slack group and I got closer to 170-175 incoming students. Still higher than the class size but perhaps our WL friends are ~20 spots closer than they thought.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
ppl from last year's SDN found out about waitlist movement in mid- to end of May. historically, does anyone know if it goes past May and into June?

Reactions: 1 users
ppl from last year's SDN found out about waitlist movement in mid- to end of May. historically, does anyone know if it goes past May and into June?
From last year’s thread it seems like there wasn’t much movement.

Technically UCSF says the waitlist is open until classes start but I think they probably fill most of the spots in May. I was looking at last year’s thread too and it looks like they sent a batch of offers the first week of May and then a few mid-end of May.

People last year were saying “prestige” is gonna matter more for residency apps since step 1 is p/f, so more people are probably more willing now to move further away and take on maybe more debt at a T20 school than just going to their state school that is maybe less prestigious. Although idk how many people had that thought process this cycle because I wasn’t thinking that myself. But yeah hopefully there’s some type of waitlist movement this year 🙏

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting. Not sure where the discrepancy comes from, but I also counted in the slack group and I got closer to 170-175 incoming students. Still higher than the class size but perhaps our WL friends are ~20 spots closer than they thought.
I just searched for "MS1" in their screen name and subtracted from there but that could be a closer estimate!

Was there anything sent to confirm that we wanted to keep our WL position? (for regular MD)

Has anyone who recently communicated with the admissions office willing to give us an update?

They told me we’ll hear about waitlist movement either mid-this week, end of this week, or early next week if at all
Early next week is the last batch of offers they'll be sending out? Did they say that specifically or only for the month of May?

How many SJV folks went the MD route? Is there hope for us on the waitlist?

How many SJV folks went the MD route? Is there hope for us on the waitlist?
Wondering this too - although honestly, I don’t have much hope😢 Since it looks like most or all SJV folks were waitlisted for regular MD, I doubt anyone who was accepted to SJV would turn it down.

when did you interview and hear back when you were waitlisted?
sorry for the late reply! Interview 01/13 and got the "you were selected as an alternate" email on 03/10. I am also OOS. I received a phone call and an email notification of the status change.

I am just wondering if i should commit to another school. I mean how much longer should we wait? It'd be nice if they communicated with us.

I am just wondering if i should commit to another school. I mean how much longer should we wait? It'd be nice if they communicated with us.

Same here, I think I’m gonna hold onto some hope until end of May, then start making plans at another school. But definitely want to know for sure from UCSF sooner rather than later. I hope they tweet or send out an email as soon as their class if full

Reactions: 2 users
Same here, I think I’m gonna hold onto some hope until end of May, then start making plans at another school. But definitely want to know for sure from UCSF sooner rather than later. I hope they tweet or send out an email as soon as their class if full
I have spammed their emails lol
Would anyone be kind to shoot them an email and ask when would be the latest date they plan to notify applicants?

I honestly don't know. I'm trying to refrain myself from refreshing my email too much lol
Is that possible lol.
FYI guys and girls, Admissions told me that accepting 1/3 of waitlisted is false and simply depends each year.