2020-2021 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aight, mine's 1.5 pages, but 1.15 space with spaces between paragraphs, 11 point. Should be fine.

Did you all submit it through the Document upload tab? I know the email said go to Status and then document status, but there's a document upload tab right there lol

Members don't see this ad.

Aight, mine's 1.5 pages, but 1.15 space with spaces between paragraphs, 11 point. Should be fine.

Did you all submit it through the Document upload tab? I know the email said go to Status and then document status, but there's a document upload tab right there lol
I did it thru the document upload

Members don't see this ad :)
Dropped my other A, can't wait to see you all in the fall!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi all! I just withdrew my acceptance here - I wish you all the best and I know that spot will go to someone amazing!

• Care
Reactions: 18 users
Does anyone know what waitlist movement is like historically? Is it just single acceptances spread out throughout the summer or do they release them in waves?

Does anyone know what waitlist movement is like historically? Is it just single acceptances spread out throughout the summer or do they release them in waves?
They project about 30 acceptance offers for 300 waitlisted applicants

Reactions: 2 users
I think there’s typically a wave in mid-May and then after that it’s pretty sporadic and just dependent on others withdrawing their acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
How much do GPA and MCAT play a role in getting off the waitlist? My stats are on the lower end for this school :(

I wonder why they don’t typically start acceptances off waitlist next week instead of mid May?
Unlike other schools, UCSD actually goes through those 300 waitlist applications in tandem with whatever updates/LOI you have submitted again to choose the 30 students they want to extend offers to. There's a reason why it's an unranked waitlist - everyone gets a fair shot of consideration because anything could have happened since the moment you submitted your secondary application till now.

Unlike other schools, UCSD actually goes through those 300 waitlist applications in tandem with whatever updates/LOI you have submitted again to choose the 30 students they want to extend offers to. There's a reason why it's an unranked waitlist - everyone gets a fair shot of consideration because anything could have happened since the moment you submitted your secondary application till now.

I actually remember during my interview day that they said WL is pulled based on class composition

Reactions: 1 users
I actually remember during my interview day that they said WL is pulled based on class composition
That’s what I’ve heard too. Brian also said they have a general idea of where people stand on the WL. It’s not truly ranked but he made it sound like there was some internal ranking system

That’s what I’ve heard too. Brian also said they have a general idea of where people stand on the WL. It’s not truly ranked but he made it sound like there was some internal ranking system
I was getting the vibe that it was unranked. Of course, I know that on the WL, people are pulled based on their contributions to the diversity of the course. We'll just have to see. Did anyone talk about what they could contribute to UCSD in their LOI? Because my LOI provided half updates and reasons why I choose UCSD above all other schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I was getting the vibe that it was unranked. Of course, I know that on the WL, people are pulled based on their contributions to the diversity of the course. We'll just have to see. Did anyone talk about what they could contribute to UCSD in their LOI? Because my LOI provided half updates and reasons why I choose UCSD above all other schools.
I was under the impression that they were looking for diversity in terms of replacing those who drop their A (i.e. if a musician drops their A, they pull a musician from the WL). I don't think you'd necessarily have to include a diversity statement in your LOI, it's more from your app! (Just conjecture)

I was under the impression that they were looking for diversity in terms of replacing those who drop their A (i.e. if a musician drops their A, they pull a musician from the WL). I don't think you'd necessarily have to include a diversity statement in your LOI, it's more from your app! (Just conjecture)
Honestly, I don't know. Guess, we'll have to. Here's to hoping for the best.

this really be the vibes rn
1620255353002.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Anyone else waiting super anxiously for the waitlist to start moving or is that just me?😬🥴🤢

Has anyone heard anything about the SOM Video Tour on the interview page that says “coming soon”? I emailed them about it like 2 months the ago and they said they’re still working on it hahah its probably not gonna come out huh

I know first wave probably won’t come out until the end of the week, but I keep excessively checking my email :(- ahhh the nerves !

Reactions: 5 users
Super tough decision but I Just Committed elsewhere and withdrew my application. Good luck everyone

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
Withdrew my acceptance today and sending good vibes to some other OOS future doctor to take the slot!
Keep hope alive out there everyone!!!

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Im just patiently waiting for UCSD to send their waitlist offers and me not receive one so I can CTE at my other school. It’s really irrational that I haven’t CTE’d yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Im just patiently waiting for UCSD to send their waitlist offers and me not receive one so I can CTE at my other school. It’s really irrational that I haven’t CTE’d yet.
I’m giving them until my birthday 😅

• Care
Really hoping someone hears something soon bc I have to CTE elsewhere by Friday 😅 Love my option, but UCSD was my #1 going in and I didn’t even expect to be WL!

It looks like some people have been added to the fb group today. I’ve been neurotically checking it and I think 2 people were just added. Has anyone contacted admissions to ask if WL movement has started?

Reactions: 3 users
It looks like some people have been added to the fb group today. I’ve been neurotically checking it and I think 2 people were just added. Has anyone contacted admissions to ask if WL movement has started?
TBH I wouldn't put too much stock into this. I requested to join a few of the other class groups and then declined my offer before they ever approved me.....took them a few weeks to let me into the fb groups for the other schools

I really thought it'd be today since it's been the Thursday of this week the past 2 years
Unless it did happen today and we just haven't heard about it 🥴
Okay. Before the neuroticism continues escalating, we should all just take a deep breath, and trust that UCSD will do what they have to do with regards to waitlist movement.

• Care
I’m so curious to know if they have sent them, and no one is neurotically posting on SDN, or if they haven’t sent them yet ! Lol

I’m so curious to know if they have sent them, and no one is neurotically posting on SDN, or if they haven’t sent them yet ! Lol
I honestly can’t tell either haha. They could have and no one posted or they might have not. My nervousness has been building up all week though.

I honestly can’t tell either haha. They could have and no one posted or they might have not. My nervousness has been building up all week though.
I know one person who says they were accepted off the waitlist last week. There is some degrees of separation for this info so take it with a grain of salt.

All the past years' threads had at least one person post the day of the WL wave, so I'm hoping the lack of posts in the thread rn means that the A's have not started 😬🤞🏼

All the past years' threads had at least one person post the day of the WL wave, so I'm hoping the lack of posts in the thread rn means that the A's have not started 😬🤞🏼
+1. I personally feel like WL movement hasn’t started. We had a handful of people report that they withdrew their As here and from past threads it looks like the first A from the WL is reported on the 16th. Just my 2 cents

+1. I personally feel like WL movement hasn’t started. We had a handful of people report that they withdrew their As here and from past threads it looks like the first A from the WL is reported on the 16th. Just my 2 cents
Fingers crossed that it will start on the 17th. Who knows....

• Care