2020-2021 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmm I wonder how many people interviewed per SJV day? If it’s 12. Then there’s 36. Similar to regular MD they might 1/3 WL, 1/3 Reject, and 1/3 Accept.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
There’s more to the theory which is they probably choose 4 students per SJV day. Which is 1/3 of the interviewees of that day 😦

LOL! Yeah you got me. I think they might be waitlisting everyone who applied for SJV because I do know the program director from Fresno said that they are unable to chose many great candidates for SJV because UCSF rejects them in the first place (Back in the day: You need to get accepted to UCSF first before having a shot at SJV just like UCDavis does now). But I talked to a MS1 and she mentioned that "many" people who were selected for SJV last year were waitlisted for regMD all the way until classes started. So I feel this "waitlisted" for regMD really doesn't mean we have a chance to get off of it for regMD - its only a way to provide the SJV program more autonomy in making a decision. uggh give me the DECISIONNNN

Reactions: 1 user
LOL! Yeah you got me. I think they might be waitlisting everyone who applied for SJV because I do know the program director from Fresno said that they are unable to chose many great candidates for SJV because UCSF rejects them in the first place (Back in the day: You need to get accepted to UCSF first before having a shot at SJV just like UCDavis does now). But I talked to a MS1 and she mentioned that "many" people who were selected for SJV last year were waitlisted for regMD all the way until classes started. So I feel this "waitlisted" for regMD really doesn't mean we have a chance to get off of it for regMD - its only a way to provide the SJV program more autonomy in making a decision. uggh give me the DECISIONNNN
They should've just called it SJV PRIME instead of saying we have a shot at both programs.
Maybe more SJV applicants in the past chose the regular MD over SJV so they're trying to prevent that.

Waitlisted for reg MD. Interviewed early Feb. Do yall think there will be a waitlist movement before April 30th?

Update: 194 total members in the facebook group, +18 in the last week

Update: 194 total members in the facebook group, +18 in the last week
I guess there is not much hope left for those of us on the waitlist. I mean why would a student join the facebook group if they are not planning to attend the school?

I guess there is not much hope left for those of us on the waitlist. I mean why would a student join the facebook group if they are not planning to attend the school?
I dunno, I joined 4 to see the vibe, learn more about the students/school, and meet potential classmates. I still have no idea where I'll end up so I wouldn't give up hope yet! From what med students have told me, it is very normal to join and then leave group if you have decided to go elsewhere. I am waitlisted too and am desperately trying to remain optimistic lol

Reactions: 2 users
I dunno, I joined 4 to see the vibe, learn more about the students/school, and meet potential classmates. I still have no idea where I'll end up so I wouldn't give up hope yet! From what med students have told me, it is very normal to join and then leave group if you have decided to go elsewhere. I am waitlisted too and am desperately trying to remain optimistic lol
Didn't think of that. Makes sense.

Hi everyone, don’t overthink too much on the Facebook page. If you go look at the previous classes of medical school, there are more than 300+ students in it. I feel that people join to seek information and etc. There is hope!! I am an alternate for the MD and the JMP program.

I thought financial aid packages were coming out this week. Does that mean SJV PRIME applicants will hear back before then?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else from SJV constantly checking this page, their email, their promotions, and their spam? Lmao, pls ucsf

Reactions: 3 users
not me taking multiple naps a day and only waking up to check my email to make the day go by faster.

• Haha
I called admissions just now and they said that SJV experienced a "slight delay" whatever that means and said decisions should be out by early next week if not by the end of this week.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I called admissions just now and they said that SJV experienced a "slight delay" whatever that means and said decisions should be out by early next week if not by the end of this week.
Thank you for calling!!

Literally No one:
All 36 SJV: 🤢🤢🤢🤮 okie I’m ready

• Haha
Thank you for calling!!
Yeah ofc! She was super helpful and sincere, not annoyed at all. At first she was like "we hope by the end of next week or the following" but then paused and corrected herself and was like "wait no actually it's more like early next week" so hopefully she's right haha

wonder what the slight delay was?? was it funding?

Do you think the reg MD and other programs decisions are connected? like for ex, if you're WL for SJV/JMP, they will put you on the WL for reg MD

Yeah ofc! She was super helpful and sincere, not annoyed at all. At first she was like "we hope by the end of next week or the following" but then paused and corrected herself and was like "wait no actually it's more like early next week" so hopefully she's right haha

wonder what the slight delay was?? was it funding?
Maybe SJV admissions work with the regular admissions about who to accept, and now they have to figure out who gets off the reg WL and who gets accepted to SJV haha. Just a thought.

Maybe SJV admissions work with the regular admissions about who to accept, and now they have to figure out who gets off the reg WL and who gets accepted to SJV haha. Just a thought.
I was thinking the same thing tbh.

Lol I called just now without looking at this thread and she said - many people have been calling today regarding SJV, sorry for the delay but decisions will be out “if not by the end of this week then early next week”

has anyone received their financial aid package yet, or know when we will be receiving them?

Do you think the reg MD and other programs decisions are connected? like for ex, if you're WL for SJV/JMP, they will put you on the WL for reg MD
It appears so. Why else would they waitlist 90% of SJV applicants?
It kinda sucks if that's the case because they said we had a shot at both programs but it's technically just one.

It appears so. Why else would they waitlist 90% of SJV applicants?
It kinda sucks if that's the case because they said we had a shot at both programs but it's technically just one.
That's what i was thinking. i wonder if anyone has gotten rejected from one but WL for the other

edit: or accepted to both this cycle

Have they released decisions on a weekend before? Or do we have to wait till next Monday?

Anyone accepted off the waitlist yet?

• Hmm
Today's the Chavez holiday too so I think next week it is :(

Wednesday, March 31
Cesar Chavez Day 2021 in California
The UCs observe Cesar Chavez Day on Friday March 26 (probably because it’s between quarters). Just checked UCSF’s academic and administrative calendar to confirm.

It’s my understanding that waitlist movement doesn’t start until 30April... can anyone confirm?
I thought I’ve read in prior years that some have been pulled earlier. So was just checking to see if they started doing that.

The UCs observe Cesar Chavez Day on Friday March 26 (probably because it’s between quarters). Just checked UCSF’s academic and administrative calendar to confirm.
Interesting, isn't aware of that. No wonder they were quite.

Has anyone not received their financial aid yet? I haven't received an email but I submitted my fin. app relatively later so I was just wondering if everyone had received theirs.

Has anyone not received their financial aid yet? I haven't received an email but I submitted my fin. app relatively later so I was just wondering if everyone had received theirs.
I have not. I submitted the forms in Early Feb, maybe they're going in order of acceptance (Mid-March for me)?

Hey y'all, I'm looking at UCSF's curriculum and am kindda confused. Does UCSF have dedicated study time for Step 1? How about Step 2 CK? And how long is the dedicated study time if they do have it?
There's 8 weeks of dedicated for Step 1 after finishing clinicals in year 3 (although you can take more time if you need it).

SJV applicants:

Attachments

• 1617045149356.gif
    1617045149356.gif
    320.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Are they releasing decisions today? Hopefully we don't get hit by another "slight delay" in their agenda.

Does anyone know how they let SJV applicants know in prior years? Was it email or phone call?