2020-2021 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who applied just MD not heard back yet?
Mid December interviewee. I have been waiting for three months and I am so fed up with the anxiety of not knowing.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh I just realized I got it lol it said “AAMC upcoming webinars” in the subject but it’s a forwarded email from Andrew Wong from UCSF student financial services. I’m waitlisted rn for regular MD, but still waiting for sjv. I also finished FAFSA and the UCSF financial aid portal
Same situation. Got the Fin Aid email but WL for reg MD, pending SJV

Alternate for JMP today, pending MD decision. Anyone have any idea what the movement is like for waitlisted JMPers?

Mid December interviewee. I have been waiting for three months and I am so fed up with the anxiety of not knowing.
Same, interviewed back in December and I feel like spontaneously combusting from how nervous I am

My friend just found out she got accepted. So decisions should be out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the alternate email.

Does anyone know how the waitlist works for UCSF?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
R reg md/prime. Interviewed 1/21

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
The actual A email went to my spam. Accepted!! 1/21 interview.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Now its just us SJV applicants left it seems😂

Reactions: 3 users
Notified about being an Alternate at 5:59 CST. Regular MD. OOS.

edit: time zone

To all my SJV Kings and Queens, whatever happens tomorrow/later tonight(?)/next week/next next week, I’m proud to have fought this fight with all of you till the very end ❤️❤️❤️

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
To all my SJV Kings and Queens, whatever happens tomorrow/later tonight(?)/next week/next next week, I’m proud to have fought this fight with all of you till the very end ❤️❤️❤️
I needed to hear this🥺 everyone, we’re in this together. For those who are still waiting and for those like me who are in the alternate/waitlist, sending you good vibes

Reactions: 3 users
To those who were accepted, how long were you given to accept or decline the offer?

good luck to those of you who have not heard back yet! (no news is good news)

also, my last time on here, but I can confirm that alerts and the financial email sent earlier mean nothing. I got both and was rejected post-II. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
To those who were accepted, how long were you given to accept or decline the offer?

good luck to those of you who have not heard back yet! (no news is good news)
They suggested we replied within 2 weeks via the portal

SJV ladies and gentlemen, today just might be the day 🤞

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone check to see how many students are in the Facebook group? They sent a great number of acceptances yesterday so I would like to see how many spots they have available for the waitlisted folks.

Can someone check to see how many students are in the Facebook group? They sent a great number of acceptances yesterday so I would like to see how many spots they have available for the waitlisted folks.
181 members- 13 added in the last week

Sorry if this was previously posted, but how many of these are current students, if any at all?
Total seats available for c/o 2025?
According to MSAR- first year class was 171 last year. Someone said about 12 are M2-M4s from the admission advisory committee and some of the the adcoms/support staff is also added (6-7 people).

Does anyone know if UCSF has any ranking whatsoever? It seems that all 4 years are P/F and there is no AOA. Do they have a hidden internal ranking when it comes to the Dean's Letter like some other med schools? Or is it truly unranked in every aspect?
sub I’s are graded H/HP/P/F so that you can distinguish yourself in your area of interest.

How many SJV Prime candidates are waitlisted/accepted for regular MD? Reply on this- I am testing a theory lol- waitlisted myself

Reactions: 1 users
How many SJV Prime candidates are waitlisted/accepted for regular MD? Reply on this- I am testing a theory lol- waitlisted myself
WL for reg MD, waiting for SJV (anyone have the guts to just call and ask them what's up?)

Keep in mind there are some applicants who applied for SJV prime but aren't on SDN or willing to share their results.