2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Make sure you research your interviewers you could have a couple specific questions to ask them at the end.

Also make sure to know why DO/medicine/Touro Middletown. Be ready to delve deeper into your experiences and your whole application in general. Also maybe some ethical questions.
wow hmmm this seems more complex than I expected (lol better get to prepping)

Members don't see this ad.

how long after receiving a complete email did people receive their IIs (or rejections)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey yall. Did anyone here who interviewed on 9/21, email anyone about what is going on with our decisions? They said 3-6 weeks and its been 7 so far. I'm thinking about sending an email but not sure if that's a good idea. What do you guys think?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey yall. Did anyone here who interviewed on 9/21, email anyone about what is going on with our decisions? They said 3-6 weeks and its been 7 so far. I'm thinking about sending an email but not sure if that's a good idea. What do you guys think?
My spidey senses think decision will be going out this week.

Reactions: 5 users
I got an interview invite on the same day my file was complete, and noticed people on this thread had similar timings—seem sus to anyone?

Reactions: 1 user
Will today be the day?!?! This is week number 6 for me (interview on 10/5)

Reactions: 3 users
9/21 interview friends-- does anyone know if we will hear back before 11/15?

Just had my interview and I thought it would be somewhat conversational but wow was I wrong. From being monotone and not really caring about anything I was saying, I think she made up her mind before even talking to me. Was asked about an instance of cultural awareness during EMS (still cant think of a "good" answer) but oh well. Why not ask about a time during my community service activities??? R here we come. For future interviewees, I might be N=1, but aside from the common questions (why DO/why Touro) def be prepared for a stress-like interview style as opposed to a causal and conversational one that they tout about.

Just had my interview and I thought it would be somewhat conversational but wow was I wrong. From being monotone and not really caring about anything I was saying, I think she made up her mind before even talking to me. Was asked about an instance of cultural awareness during EMS (still cant think of a "good" answer) but oh well. Why not ask about a time during my community service activities??? R here we come. For future interviewees, I might be N=1, but aside from the common questions (why DO/why Touro) def be prepared for a stress-like interview style as opposed to a causal and conversational one that they tout about.

Yeah I had the same interview experience. One of the interviewers was conversational with me but the other one totally threw me for a loop and during the last part of asking questions told me to hurry up despite having like 5 more minutes of interview.

Yeah I had the same interview experience. One of the interviewers was conversational with me but the other one totally threw me for a loop and during the last part of asking questions told me to hurry up despite having like 5 more minutes of interview.
Exact same. One was SUPER nice and really seemed she wanted to get to know me on a personal level. The other... not even going to get into the specifics.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a similar experience! Not very conversation and seemed really hard to impress. The questions didn’t seem geared to helping me show off in any way just really vague and basic

This is interesting, mine was polar opposite. I had two really fun faculty. We carried in a great convo and laughed a bunch. I think it must just be a crappy day for that specific faculty member.

This is interesting, mine was polar opposite. I had two really fun faculty. We carried in a great convo and laughed a bunch. I think it must just be a crappy day for that specific faculty member.

Unfortunately we were interviewed by two different faculty x.x

I had a similar experience! Not very conversation and seemed really hard to impress. The questions didn’t seem geared to helping me show off in any way just really vague and basic
RT

I also had a similar experience. I thought I was the only one, I mean besides me being nervous to start with (it's not like this is the interview of your life lol), I felt I was purposely put under pressure by one of the staff members. I believe they just want to know how you perform in a stressful situation. Just remember to keep calm, and remember to try and participate and be engaged throughout the entire process. Those 30 minutes are important, but the entire day counts. Good luck to everyone who is interviewing soon!

When do people think we will be hearing back for interviews held in Oct?

When do people think we will be hearing back for interviews held in Oct?
When I had my interview on 11/02, I remember Frank said that within the following 2 weeks, so you should be hearing from them soon. keep us posted.
Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
When I had my interview on 11/02, I remember Frank said that within the following 2 weeks, so you should be hearing from them soon. keep us posted.
Good luck!
thank you so much for this info. Appreciate it :)

When did any of y’all who received II same day or within days of receiving a “Supplemtal Application Acknowledgment” email submit? I received the email on Oct 21 but have gotten radio silence since. Should I be worried?

When did any of y’all who received II same day or within days of receiving a “Supplemtal Application Acknowledgment” email submit? I received the email on Oct 21 but have gotten radio silence since. Should I be worried?
I think they are preparing to send the third round of invites soon. That's what I understood Frank said during my interview on 11/2

Last edited:
I think they are preparing to send the third round of invites soon. That's what I understood Frank said during my interview on 11/2
Great! Thank you for letting me know!

I just received my acceptance via email! :) :)

Reactions: 4 users
Just received my acceptance via email as well, incredibly excited!!

Reactions: 3 users
I just received my acceptance via email! :) :)
OMG congrats!!!! I have been checking this all day today, waiting on any news from you guys! Super excited for you and everyone else who already got their acceptance email!

• Love
I'm really nervous for my interview here next week (based on all these comments) :(

I'm really nervous for my interview here next week (based on all these comments) :(
A little nerve is good but I wouldn't be too worry. I had a positive experience with my interview. I think one of the interviewers was more expressive to my answers but I didn't feel like any of the questions were meant to 'trap' me. I think as long as you know your application and is able to express your passion for medicine, why DO, why our school, you should be okay. You got this!! :)

Just was notified this morning, my first A!!!! May or may not be ugly crying

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users