2020-2021 Saint Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! LM 72 complete 7/15 ORM

Edit: for anyone else with an II, where is the Video Interview Agreement tab they want us to sign? I don’t see it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
II! LM 72 complete 7/15 ORM

Edit: for anyone else with an II, where is the Video Interview Agreement tab they want us to sign? I don’t see it

You may have to wait until they assign you an interviewer (you will get another email) before they let you sign.

Reactions: 1 users
II! LM 74. I did complete the optional essay on the secondary.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II also received today! Complete 7/12, so seems they are still reviewing and considering the early applications.

II received today! Complete 7/14, 75 LM, ORM

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your complete date? I'm same stats but 7/17 and getting nervous but seems most are completed before me
I was complete a few days before you so you're good! Definitely seems like they're reviewing apps in order of completion.

I was complete a few days before you so you're good! Definitely seems like they're reviewing apps in order of completion.

Not completely in order (although definitely to some extent) because I got an II today but was complete 8/8

Does anyone know how to address the question about the 2020 Spring Quarter P/F? I'm in a post-bacc and I honestly don't know how they implemented the P/F in my school because I kept my grades as a letter grade so I'm trying to understand if this is an optional essay or how to really address it. Any advice would be helpful :)

Does anyone know how to address the question about the 2020 Spring Quarter P/F? I'm in a post-bacc and I honestly don't know how they implemented the P/F in my school because I kept my grades as a letter grade so I'm trying to understand if this is an optional essay or how to really address it. Any advice would be helpful :)
You can't google and find out what your school did? It's not optional. I also did a post-bacc and just said "students were given the option to keep traditional letter grades or switch to P/F."

Does anyone know when we need to have VITA completed by for SLU?

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when we need to have VITA completed by for SLU?
just found it on their website! "Please complete [VITA] within 4 weeks of invitation." I'd guess the earlier the better though

Anyone that's already completed VITA for another school, you only received an email from HireVue when you completed your VITA, correct? I did VITA 2 weeks ago and got another email from aamc today. Just wanted to make sure SLU got mine

Reactions: 1 user
just found it on their website! "Please complete [VITA] within 4 weeks of invitation." I'd guess the earlier the better though
Thank you for not being dumb like me and googling it lol

Anyone that's already completed VITA for another school, you only received an email from HireVue when you completed your VITA, correct? I did VITA 2 weeks ago and got another email from aamc today. Just wanted to make sure SLU got mine
Yea I did vita fro another school before slu and today I got an email from amcas saying vita update and that slu now is added to the list of schools that have access to my completed vita

II today! ORM, LM 74, OOS, 4,000 clinical hours, and complete 7/14

Reactions: 4 users
I'm interviewing here soon. OOS and have zero connections to St. Louis or SLU. Would love to hear some insight into the interview day and about SLU in general from anyone who completed the interview or are med students at SLU! :sorry::happy:

I interviewed here last week and it was a pretty chill interview day overall, similar to the experiences of those on the SDN interview page for SLU (now with the addition of the extra student interview). There was also a virtual tour, a short talk from the diversity office, then Q&A breakout session with some current med students.

The interview gave me a great impression of the school in general. There's definitely a huge focus on social justice and community service which I thought was cool. The students also seem very happy & relaxed, there's a lot of focus on student wellness & there seems to be a strong relationship between the students and faculty. The school is continuously modifying the curriculum each year with input from students and the recent changes have made it more flexible (less focus on traditional lecture I believe, more independent learning from 3rd party resources provided by the school). I definitely enjoyed the experience and think it would be a great school to go to. I'm also OOS and have never been to St Louis but the city seems very lively & diverse.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed here last week and it was a pretty chill interview day overall, similar to the experiences of those on the SDN interview page for SLU (now with the addition of the extra student interview).
Thanks for the info! I know that they said student interviewers reach out directly to applicants - how long before your interview did yours email you? got II a week ago but only have the faculty one scheduled

not everyone will get student pilot interview. I got one tho and he emailed me a week before

and honestly the student interview was barley an "interview". It was literally just a tell me about yourself question followed by the med student asking you to ask him/her any questions you have about SLU. That was it

and honestly the student interview was barley an "interview". It was literally just a tell me about yourself question followed by the med student asking you to ask him/her any questions you have about SLU. That was it

I think this may depend on the interviewer. Mine was still conversational but they asked me a lot of traditional interview questions.

II just now! OOS Complete 7/15

Reactions: 6 users
II a few minutes ago. OOS ORM with no ties. Complete 7/12 verified 6/4. 3.98/516. LM and WARS are 75.

complete 7/15 oos orm no ties . Got interview September 11th. 3.88 gpa 511 mcat.

has anyone been able to find an actual schematic of their curriculum over the 4 years? the little list on the curriculum page is underwhelming. actually it feels like most of their website is super bare-bones :(

II received! OOS, ORM, LM 71, Complete mid July

Last edited:
damn lol, everyone who got a II today is way more qualified than me and my 511 MCAT lmao. I hope at least people who have an interview are viewed equally afterward. crossing my fingers hahaha.

has anyone been able to find an actual schematic of their curriculum over the 4 years? the little list on the curriculum page is underwhelming. actually it feels like most of their website is super bare-bones :(

Is this what you're looking for? https://www.slu.edu/medicine/medical-education/md/curriculum/img/diagram2020.png

That's the diagram of how their curriculum is structured throughout all four years.

From what I learned at the interview, they have non-mandatory lectures which are recorded & they are starting to phase in a lot of third party resources to supplement the lecture material. I believe they also have some in-person learning activities but I'm not sure how often this happens.

II today as well, LM 73-74, OOS ORM no ties, earliest date was 11/2 when I logged in, went to my promotions folder

Edit: complete 7/16

Last edited:
Looks like they are still reviewing the ones submitted in mid-July. I wonder when they will be reviewing Mid-Aug apps...I hope there will still be interview slots for us lol

I wasn’t complete until late July and my stats are a bit low but my whole app was about social justice and public health so I’m hoping that’s enough to catch someone’s eye...

I think this may depend on the interviewer. Mine was still conversational but they asked me a lot of traditional interview questions.
Mine was exactly like the other comment or where the student asked me to tell him/her some information about myself and wanted to answer any questions about the school I had. I just tried to make conversation with the student and it was very short. So yeah not feeling too hot about getting in here :/

Mine was exactly like the other comment or where the student asked me to tell him/her some information about myself and wanted to answer any questions about the school I had. I just tried to make conversation with the student and it was very short. So yeah not feeling too hot about getting in here :/

I wouldn't sweat it, it's possible your interviewer just wasn't a super conversational person. My faculty interview seemed a lot more like a traditional interview and since the student interview is just a pilot program I kind of assume it doesn't hold as much weight as the faculty one.

This is my first school I have to do VITA for, and I just got the email. I can't find anywhere they give a timeline for that, has anyone else heard when they want that completed? I was planning on doing it one day next week, but don't want to miss a deadline if it's a super quick turn around request or something.

This is my first school I have to do VITA for, and I just got the email. I can't find anywhere they give a timeline for that, has anyone else heard when they want that completed? I was planning on doing it one day next week, but don't want to miss a deadline if it's a super quick turn around request or something.
they want it done within a month of the request. I found that info on their website

They sent the advertisement email to get applications and then dipped. Is anyone hearing back? complete since 7/24

Does anyone know how much they’re factoring in VITA
one billion percent. jk idk its prob not a big one since this is 1st year. But another question I have is is the post II acceptance rate for in state residents like literally 100 percent . cause that's what msar makes it seems like. 100 people taken out of 360 Instate interviews.

I have a general question about IIs, do schools go back and review your app if like the current II invite dates are like well past your complete date?

I have a general question about IIs, do schools go back and review your app if like the current II invite dates are like well past your complete date?

Med school admissions isn't really a linear process so it's hard to say. It looks like SLU is really just working down the list but a lot of schools will try to interview some individuals first (might be high stats, URM, ties to the school, legacies) and then go back and re-evaluate based on how many they accept. You're not out of the game until you get a rejection.

Just received an II!! OOS

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
II! OOS with ties to the area, complete late July

late but got an II Wednesday I think (went to promotional and didn't search for it until I got my VITA on Thursday)

Complete 7/16, LM 71, white male, OOS no ties

Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate here?