2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know post-II acceptance rate?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II received today! Complete 9/23, OOS, ORM.

A little confused about the interview options, as in Nov 2 vs Feb 1. They said it was done to comply with their software functionality but it's making me nervous haha.

Also, this is my first II ever so I'm excited to be on this journey with y'all!

Reactions: 1 user
Can you watch the interview prep videos any day before the interview? Or does it need to be done the same day.

Anyone know post-II acceptance rate?
From MSAR:

In-state:
Verified Apps: 1,061
Interviews: 217
Matriculated: 126 (1 early decision, 4 early assurance, 83 BS/MD)

Out-of-state:
Verified Apps: 3,007
Interviews: 176
Matriculated: 25 (4 BS/MD)

A little confused about the interview options, as in Nov 2 vs Feb 1. They said it was done to comply with their software functionality but it's making me nervous haha.

You were complete today and received an II today?

II received today! I am OOS, secondary complete 9/4. This is my first II, so I am beyond thrilled about it!

II as well! OOS, complete 9/7, LM 69

II received today! OOS, complete early September. I remember when I applied (and distinctly when writing my secondary) thinking this is such a reach school for me but I applied because I really love the program. Still in shock right now.

Reactions: 2 users
II received today! OOS, complete early September. I remember when I applied (and distinctly when writing my secondary) thinking this is such a reach school for me but I applied because I really love the program. Still in shock right now.
Yo this is AWESOME! Best of luck to you on your interview!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
From MSAR:

In-state:

Out-of-state:
Their BS/MD program ended though correct? I think I found on a power point that they do around 35 early assurance now so the chances of traditional admission should be much better than previous years @mightyATP

From MSAR:

In-state:

Out-of-state:
Is there any way to see how many OOS were accepted? Is it possible that they'll accept more than ~25?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II just now!!! My first II this cycle! Everyone else, please don't give up hope, it is still early in the cycle! :)
Congrats! When were you complete? Also did you get a complete email?

Congrats! When were you complete? Also did you get a complete email?
Thank you, I actually received a complete email today, followed by an interview invitation email. So I think they might review you for an II prior to receiving the complete email

Is there any way to see how many OOS were accepted? Is it possible that they'll accept more than ~25?
Ofc they accept more. Think about it. 25 matriculated. So they deff sent more than 25 OOSer’s acceptances to fill the 25 seats.

Congrats!! I got the app complete email today, but no II. Hopefully that’s not bad news for me /:

Thank you! And no, I don't think so at all! An earlier response here had assumed that they may review applications prior to the complete status. And honestly, my stats are sub-par as both OOS and ORM. It's still early in this completely unique cycle - don't discredit yourself :)!

Very confused about this as well... haha.

So is NEOMED's video interview different from VITA? (just to confirm -I've already done VITA through UMass).

Anyone thats completed the virtual interview willing to comment on it or give some advice? Already jumped through the VITA hoop but trying to do better on this.

Any reduction in bs/md program this year? Wondering if there will be greater acceptance capacity for traditional applications

Did we have to do anything to complete the interview other than register? Like were we supposed to respond to the email? I got the link to my interview so I think I should be all set but wanted to confirm.

Anyone thats completed the virtual interview willing to comment on it or give some advice? Already jumped through the VITA hoop but trying to do better on this.

Update, it's pretty much VITA but specific to NEOMED. Straightforward, nothing to worry about.

Edit: worth noting that you get up to 4min to answer the question compared to VITA's 3min

Last edited:
did anyone else have to pay $30 to access the interview questions? it didnt mention that in the instructions and I cant view the practice questions either

Hi, thank you for doing this! What's the best way to prepare for the interview?

Hi! Not much different here than interviews at different schools, at least in terms of content ( sorry for the virtual format this year :/ ). Definitely be ready for the “why this school” and “why a physician instead of another field” questions. And no, “because I want to help people” is not a good answer for the latter—lots of fields do that. It’s gotta be a physician-specific answer.

Reactions: 3 users
I reached out to Bongo support and they said
"According to our database, your institution requires student-paid access. I would highly recommend contacting your institution if you believe this is incorrect." I sent an email to admissions about it

I paid 30 bucks and got it over with just now. Tbh I actually liked most of the questions they asked. Just know your app front to back and know what NEOMED is about and it's not bad, at least it was better than VITA.

I paid 30 bucks and got it over with just now. Tbh I actually liked most of the questions they asked. Just know your app front to back and know what NEOMED is about and it's not bad, at least it was better than VITA.
do they ask app specific questions?

• Haha

Do they ask app specific questions ?

did anyone else have to pay $30 to access the interview questions? it didnt mention that in the instructions and I cant view the practice questions either

Yup, I paid it. Maybe just an oversight on their end?

Would you be willing to share how many questions I should expect? Thank you!

Would you be willing to share how many questions I should expect? Thank you!
There are 6 questions, you have 4 minutes to respond and 30 seconds to reflect. The questions are drawn from a question bank and they were all straightforward questions.

Finished the interview-- pretty straightforward questions. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anybody who submitted their interview gotten a confirmation email that their interview was received by Neomed?

Just about to start my interview - thanks for everyone who gave information about it!

Regarding completion, do you have to wait until after the Nov or Feb date for results?

Just about to start my interview - thanks for everyone who gave information about it!

Regarding completion, do you have to wait until after the Nov or Feb date for results?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they said in one of the videos that they're planning 2 larger waves of decisions, the first of which in December and again in the Spring

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they said in one of the videos that they're planning 2 larger waves of decisions, the first of which in December and again in the Spring

Got it - thank you!

As a side note, just finished the interview, and DEFINITELY recommend reviewing your application and the school's mission statement. One of my questions was specifically about physician implication in the opioid crisis and tbh, I was a little thrown. Let me know if you have any questions about the interview!

Reactions: 5 users
:turtle: Late to the game here, especially being OOS (but in Michigan). App was verified 9/24, got emailed today saying they're reviewing my app so we'll see. Best of luck to everyone! :love: