2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hear you, but I think it's important to understand that that's a tiny fraction of predicted WL movement. Do what you want and what's best for your mental health. If that's holding on to hope awesome, if that's planning for a new cycle, that's great too :)
I just spoke to admissions and they said that WL movement is still expected because As are still being dropped. She said even if classes are full they don't usually disclose that to applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I just spoke to admissions and they said that WL movement is still expected because As are still being dropped. She said even if classes are full they don't usually disclose that to applicants.
That's great! Wishing you guys all the best. Sorry if I startled anyone! From my conversation last week it really seemed like the class was full haha

• Care
That's great! Wishing you guys all the best. Sorry if I startled anyone! From my conversation last week it really seemed like the class was full haha
1623465163757.jpeg

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I just want to clarify. Can you apply to the 2nd cycle while still in the first cycle?

Reactions: 1 users
Need some advice. Can you update add more LOR after you submitted your AACOMAS file for verification? I can't find anything on that on there website. Getting a bit worried.

Need some advice. Can you update add more LOR after you submitted your AACOMAS file for verification? I can't find anything on that on there website. Getting a bit worried.
Yes, you can, up to the limit.

Reactions: 1 user
Any groups for accepted students anywhere? I live in BK and am hoping to find a commuting buddy :)

Any current students can attest to the medical store they are asking us to buy from? Did you end up returning any products and buying from a different brand / different store?

Cmon adcom 🙏 I’m gonna need therapy after this cycle 😂

Members don't see this ad :)
Any thinks there will be some waitlist movement this week. Been almost 3 weeks dry...

Any thinks there will be some waitlist movement this week. Been almost 3 weeks dry...

wasnt there a wave on june 24 last year? maybe i’m thinking of one of my other waitlist schools.. but i’m pretty sure it was this one

There was a wave after memorial day (which we haven't had this year so far) and one on the 24th of June.

Reactions: 2 users
There was a wave after memorial day (which we haven't had this year so far) and one on the 24th of June.
Yeah I’m wondering if we’ll have one this week 🙏 and another one at the end of June/early July (I feel like covid delayed things) or if we’re just going to have one WL movement left 🤔

Received acceptance at 12:20PM today, but will be withdrawing! I was going to withdraw from waitlist today but they beat me to the punch.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Well, I already applied to the new cycle and got an mcat this weekend, lmao. Here's to hoping that I get off the waitlist +pity+

Well, I already applied to the new cycle and got an mcat this weekend, lmao. Here's to hoping that I get off the waitlist +pity+
I’m contemplating retaking the MCAT I got a 510(129/123/130/128) and I know my CARS is hurting me :/

yea that 123 is an arrow to the knee. Luckily, I balanced out my score above the 125 mark since most colleges just flat out drop you if you show that red flag

yea that 123 is an arrow to the knee. Luckily, I balanced out my score above the 125 mark since most colleges just flat out drop you if you show that red flag
Yeah English is my second language :/. I never scored below a 125 on the practice exams so idk what happened. I was hoping the phys/chem and bio/biochem sections would make up for it. CARS is such a dumb section considering every section requires critical analysis. I also can’t pay attention to passages that are talking about the significance of the different layers of paint in an old house…..

Just got an acceptance at 12:30 PM today! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, I have my fingers crossed for all of you!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got an acceptance at 12:30 PM today! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, I have my fingers crossed for all of you!
Congratulations! When were you waitlisted and did you send any additional letters of intent or update letters after being waitlisted?

Congratulations! When were you waitlisted and did you send any additional letters of intent or update letters after being waitlisted?
Thank you so much! I actually applied really late in the cycle due to some personal struggles (I sent my primary in beginning of October) so I was interviewed pretty late and put on the waitlist in late-April. I sent a letter of intent about two weeks ago.

okay so now we’re waiting til 12:30 everyday lol
I think they may be out of the office today. I tried sending them an e-mail last night and received an automated e-mail stating they would not be back until June 21st.

I think they may be out of the office today. I tried sending them an e-mail last night and received an automated e-mail stating they would not be back until June 21st.

ohhh that explains why they haven’t sent my A today

lol jk. thanks for the info :)

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Hi - does anyone know what the steps are to withdraw?

How do I submit a new MCAT score while on the waitlist?
There is a way to print out/save your results from the AAMC MCAT portal. I would e-mail NYIT and see if you can send that to them.