2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I said it "seems" like it's already full, which is not definitive by any means. I only felt that because someone had posted that they withdrew their acceptance and then another person received an acceptance a few weeks later. However, these posts were deleted today.
If you want to get technical , the word “seems” suggest actual insight but not 100% certainty. You said “seems full” based off one person dropping and one person getting pulled off the WL. If you check posts from last year, you’d see that movement actually occurs 2-4 weeks after the DO date which is 5/15. There is a 2019-2020 forum that you can check for trends.
Clarifying this because I’m sure you probably gave a couple of people a heart attack or some form of anxiety lol

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to get technical , the word “seems” suggest actual insight but not 100% certainty. You said “seems full” based off one person dropping and one person getting pulled off the WL. If you check posts from last year, you’d see that movement actually occurs 2-4 weeks after the DO date which is 5/15. There is a 2019-2020 forum that you can check for trends.
Clarifying this because I’m sure you probably gave a couple of people a heart attack or some form of anxiety lol
I don't think @sundr meant for their words to be hyper analyzed. I think they honestly speak for the majority of us on this forum because we haven't received any word about movement from both the admissions committee or the applicants. There's honestly no need to get technical because it's just a thought we all are having that @sundr just wanted to get out in the open. Plenty of people are nervous, but if we all keep a level head, remain patient, and be supportive, we will see something coming.

Reactions: 4 users
Friendly advice from a current 4th year who was accepted off the waitlist in early June: stop checking SDN and just chill. Nobody knows anything about the waitlist except for the administrators themselves, so anything you see or read is likely conjecture beyond what has been said already (eg, it's an unranked waitlist, they meet and discuss who to pull off, etc etc). Checking this constantly won't make you more or less likely to be accepted so go relax. When I got accepted it was on a random Friday more than a month after my last contact with the school, the timelines are a mystery. I realize most of you will continue to check this thread daily, as I did in your situation, but at this point it's just a waiting game I'm afraid.

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe it starts next week, the 15th was just last weekend. I assume they’d need at LEAST a week (if not more) to sort things and bring in replacements for people that dropped the A.

Reactions: 2 users
Good Luck everyone, hopefully this is our week to get As!! Fingers crossed for all of us!

Reactions: 10 users
does anyone know if sending in an update letter if ur on the waitlist does anything lol

Lets pray the movement is today cause I would love to stop preparing for a MCAT retake and enjoy the summer lmao

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lets pray the movement is today cause I would love to stop preparing for a MCAT retake and enjoy the summer lmao

I’m in the same exact boat, except i’m taking it because mine is expiring. i’m somewhat of a nontrad so i have to relearn everything i haven’t thought about since 2018

Reactions: 1 users
I’m in the same exact boat, except i’m taking it because mine is expiring. i’m somewhat of a nontrad so i have to relearn everything i haven’t thought about since 2018
Non-trad too :( So I def feel your pain my brother! best of luck to you!

Apologies as I am sure this has been asked though I could not find any links going back in the thread--is there an accepted students Facebook or something similar for OW?

Apologies as I am sure this has been asked though I could not find any links going back in the thread--is there an accepted students Facebook or something similar for OW?

What day do of the week do they typically give out decisions ?

Reactions: 1 user
So after reading every single post from last year and the year before, looks like waitlist action will be on Friday June 4th and Friday June 25th or I could be wrong 😑

• Hmm
So after reading every single post from last year and the year before, looks like waitlist action will be on Friday June 4th and Friday June 25th or I could be wrong 😑

you’re amazing for sifting through those threads

• Care
Does anyone know approximately how many students get accepted each acceptance wave from the waitlist?

Does anyone know approximately how many students get accepted each acceptance wave from the waitlist?
Can’t tell cause it ultimately depends on how many people drop their As : a lot of factors come into play. I remember a post like a month ago where 1 person posted an A off the WL and no one else so yeah.

I'm an already accepted applicant but I'm on the waitlist for NYITCOM. Can I kiss my hopes to be accepted to this school goodbye?

What was the point of gauging interest in remaining on the waitlist if there is still no movement lmao

Reactions: 3 users
They're probably sitting there on a roundabout table right now throwing darts to select the applicants off the waitlist.

• Sad
Many congrats!!! Curious to know if you were an MS student? I heard some are being accepted this week.
nope. but I do know some people from the MS/DO program they got their acceptance 3ish week back

Did they only take a few applicants this movement? Seems only a few got moved. Also, what is the deadline to accept the acceptance?

Yay so excited for you guys!! Hopefully there’s more waitlist movement sooon and we can be classmates 😀

• Care
Does anyone have a working theory as to why there's been no movement at JB, but movement at OW?

Based on the previous threads from last year JB had movement later than OW.

Got accepted yesterday after being on the waitlist since February!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone have a working theory as to why there's been no movement at JB, but movement at OW?
Likely due to the majority of movement being done now. I know the class appears to be full, and housing and financial aid are being finished at this point. Things are being much more concrete, thus not much movement as those accepted are not likely to change schools now. There might be a seat or two that may change, but the majority are committed at this point

How many more waitlist movements do you think are left for OW? I’m hoping for two - I definitely think there is one more left. The A N X I E T Y

• Hmm