2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when we might hear back after interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

II received today for Jonesboro campus, LM 67

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't ask either. Someone take one for the team and ask in a follow-up email!

I got an II 9/2, my interview was today. OOS, URM, 502 MCAT, 3.0 sGPA, and 3.3 cGPA

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who interviewed already hearing anything?

I had an interview today and the interviewer was very unfriendly and cold. I'm not unhappy with how I answered questions, but it was not a pleasant experience! Hope everyone else has a better interview than me!

I had an interview today and the interviewer was very unfriendly and cold. I'm not unhappy with how I answered questions, but it was not a pleasant experience! Hope everyone else has a better interview than me!
Thats exactly how mine was and it was only about 10 minutes. I tried to be bubbly and conversational :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats exactly how mine was and it was only about 10 minutes. I tried to be bubbly and conversational :(

That's really unfortunate!! I'm sorry y'all. My interviewer was lovely and it went like 35ish minutes.

That's really unfortunate!! I'm sorry y'all. My interviewer was lovely and it went like 35ish minutes.
That was how mine was too. I was fortunate to be able to tour the campus last summer and I was very happy with the experience.

It probably depends on who you get and how conversational THEY are. Mine was really great and we started early and went overtime without even realizing. Longer interviews don't mean they're better though. I think someone could get an equally positive impression of me in 10 minutes given the right questions. Stay positive y'all!

Hey, all! I interviewed this week and just wanted to add my two cents. Full disclosure - I have attended one DO interview and currently hold one DO acceptance. My opinions are solely based on a comparison between the two experiences. Please take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

I was wholeheartedly unimpressed with the interview. One-on-one for those who don't know. SDN interview feedback said it would be open, although I perhaps failed to ensure I was looking at the JB campus, but was in fact CLOSED (interviewer only had secondary essay responses). Interviewer failed to introduce themselves until one of my questions prompted their introduction. Interviewer prepared five questions, two of which were very open-ended. From what I could gather, my responses were not particularly what the interviewer was looking for (they asked a few times if I wanted to add anything else). I spent about 18 minutes answering their questions and they spent about 12 minutes answering mine.

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the information/welcome session on Monday, so had a series of questions prepared for the interviewer pertaining specifically to the JB campus (as the NYIT website has next to nothing on it). Interviewer did not appear to have a full understanding of the school or its processes, so I elected not to ask two additional questions I had for the interviewer. From perusing this thread, it seems the information/welcome session would have been something worthwhile to attend and may have elevated my experience. That being said, I wish everyone the best of luck this cycle!

Does anyone have an idea about how many people NYIT COM interviews for their Arkansas location?

I interviewed 9/9/20 and have not received any word yet either.
Stats:
ORM
Tx Res
3.58 cGPA
3.57 sGPA
511 MCAT
Average EC's w/ research pub

I personally thought my interview went great. The interviewer had some similar life experiences as me (came from a big family) and I have heard adcoms will do this on purpose. He was also very pleasant and challenged me with his questions to try and learn more about me. Ive interviewed at 5 DO and 1 MD so far and overall I thought it was a good experience and hopefully hear back from them.

I can not figure out if the interview is open file or closed? With everyone who has had the opportunity to interview (congratulations!!) would you mind sharing which one it is?

I can not figure out if the interview is open file or closed? With everyone who has had the opportunity to interview (congratulations!!) would you mind sharing which one it is?

Open file, super nice and personal.

I think mine was open file, but I only got one question that made me think so.

Has anyone heard back about interviews from the first week yet? As it gets to be one month, I'm getting a bit antsy! I know patience is a revolutionary virtue, but it's not my best virtue, lol.

Has anyone heard back about interviews from the first week yet? As it gets to be one month, I'm getting a bit antsy! I know patience is a revolutionary virtue, but it's not my best virtue, lol.

Nothing yet. According to last year’s thread it looks like they started notifying people mid October so hopefully soon!

I emailed Jonesboro admissions and they didn’t say anything. Hopefully soon! Really hoping to move back to Arkansas as this is my second to top choice.

What's #1 for you?
KCU! I have a lot of friends and family there that live in Kansas City. Some really good friends are actually OMS1 and OMS2 there already. I lived in Arkansas for 10 years and want to live and retire there eventually which is why NYIT is high on the list.

Accepted! How on Earth do I choose??? I wonder if they are open to accepted student tours yet? I feel like I couldn't possibly make a decision if I haven't seen the school. Is anyone else in the same boat where you're having trouble making decisions without being able to see the schools? I'm going to see my second acceptance next weekend (driving all the way from Texas to Chicago) because this decision is so important. Thoughts?

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! How on Earth do I choose??? I wonder if they are open to accepted student tours yet? I feel like I couldn't possibly make a decision if I haven't seen the school. Is anyone else in the same boat where you're having trouble making decisions without being able to see the schools? I'm going to see my second acceptance next weekend (driving all the way from Texas to Chicago) because this decision is so important. Thoughts?

Just got my acceptance too! Which schools are you choosing between?

Just got my acceptance too! Which schools are you choosing between?
ARCOM, CCOM and here, so far. I have had six interviews, was waitlisted at one school and chose not to stay on the waitlist because I loved ARCOM and CCOM more, but I could even have a harder time deciding, possibly.

Also accepted y’all this is crazy. This is my second time applying to med school and my first acceptance ever!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I just got accepted to JB campus too! If any one has any questions about Arkansas, I lived there most of my life and would be happy to answer any questions. This is my first acceptance and it feels grand. My stats are cGPA: 3.57, sGPA: 3.60, grad GPA:3.90, MCAT 498.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
ARCOM, CCOM and here, so far. I have had six interviews, was waitlisted at one school and chose not to stay on the waitlist because I loved ARCOM and CCOM more, but I could even have a harder time deciding, possibly.

Those are great schools too! I grew up about 45 mins from CCOM! I feel you. This week I somehow got 3 acceptances when I just previously had 1. It’s going to be hard to make a decision!

• Wow
I definitely feel you should tour the schools. I was fortunate to tour NYIT-AR when I could. I’m sure they will have an accepted student day soon.

Those are great schools too! I grew up about 45 mins from CCOM! I feel you. This week I somehow got 3 acceptances when I just previously had 1. It’s going to be hard to make a decision!
What are your three? Congratulations! What was your impression of the area around CCOM? I'm pretty wimpy about the cold as a Texas girl!

I just got accepted to JB campus too! If any one has any questions about Arkansas, I lived there most of my life and would be happy to answer any questions. This is my first acceptance and it feels grand.
Congratulations!!! We're going to be DOCTORS!!!

What are your three? Congratulations! What was your impression of the area around CCOM? I'm pretty wimpy about the cold as a Texas girl!

My other three are ATSU-KCOM, UIWSOM, and VCOM Louisiana!
The winters are brutal, to be honest. It can get pretty cold and a decent amount of snow. But on the flip side summer is beautiful and so is fall. And CCOM is in a really nice area!

• Love
ACCEPTED!!! I can't believe it!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
My other three are ATSU-KCOM, UIWSOM, and VCOM Louisiana!
The winters are brutal, to be honest. It can get pretty cold and a decent amount of snow. But on the flip side summer is beautiful and so is fall. And CCOM is in a really nice area!
Wow! Those are great schools as well. Of course, as an outsider, not knowing your goals and where your family lives, I'd send you to KCOM based on how established it is as opposed to the others, but I'm really in a similar boat, trying to decide between CCOM because of how established it is vs. the location of the Arkansas schools, closer to home. It's tough!

Accepted tonight. Will withdraw when I have the mental capacity to write a nice email tomorrow haha.

Accepted tonight. Will withdraw when I have the mental capacity to write a nice email tomorrow haha.
What school did you pick, Voppp? I think I've seen you around a great deal on the schools I'm applying to!

Wow! Those are great schools as well. Of course, as an outsider, not knowing your goals and where your family lives, I'd send you to KCOM based on how established it is as opposed to the others, but I'm really in a similar boat, trying to decide between CCOM because of how established it is vs. the location of the Arkansas schools, closer to home. It's tough!

That’s definitely what I’m leaning towards! Best of luck to you as you make your decision!

• Love
Hi!! I was also recently accepted to the JB campus (congrats everyone!!!!). Did anyone read the documents about accepting the scholarship and returning it within two weeks, essentially intending to go there? I totally understand that they want commitment if they're giving out a freakin scholarship to MED SCHOOL (like what even lol). But I have a few other acceptances, and I am not ready to commit to anything yet...do we know if it is binding? If I send in the documentation to accept the scholarship, am I essentially committing 100% to this school? Any insight would be helpful, thank you NYIT community :)